Anger, bile, tears and tea

Jet

Re: Anger, bile, tears and tea

Post by Jet »

I do understand, I’ve read Facebook comments that make me despair.

S broke me when I went to the rally as I tried to explain a little and he just asked me “well, did you say yes to the families??” :cry:
Half-ten?! Half-ten?! I've never been up at half-ten! What happens?
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I understand the not wanting to send them money too, but this one doesn't seem too bad an idea although I can't vouch for the charities that its sharing with...

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/kidsattheborder.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

It’s utterly, utterly horrific. I know Australia is terrible in its treatment of asylum seekers, but the current situation in the US is breaking my heart. I cried whilst eating dinner and discussing it with MrE.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Here is another that provides legal assistance for those stuck at the border.

https://www.safepassageproject.org/
Jet

Post by Jet »

Also RAICES.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Are they doing it to families who attempt to enter 'illegally' or also with families who present at the border seeking asylum?

The treatment of refugees and economic migrants globally is shameful but this is in another league. Literally no other country does this.
Jet

Post by Jet »

cluefree

Post by cluefree »

This has upset me so much that I don’t even know what to say about it. Sickening doesn’t even begin to cover it. The inhumane treatment of these people is evil, isn’t it? Properly evil.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I think he enjoys it. Or at very best, doesn't care one iota (either about the situation or how it appears to others). People say Pence would be worse, but I don't believe it. He'd be very worrying and cleverer, in many ways, but I don't think he'd actually be worse.

I feel so incredibly grim about everything at the moment.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

I also think he enjoys it, because it keeps him at the forefront of global news. He’s grown a thicker skin than since we were led to believe he was a fragile ego; he surrounds himself with yes-turds and dismisses any opposition with lies and flat out ‘la la la I’m not listening’. But if it keeps him in the global headlines, he’s the smuggest cunt in the world.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Bang on, Edith.
smalex

Post by smalex »

He's certainly gone at this with more gusto than people (including me) imagined.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Edith Bacon wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:12 pm I also think he enjoys it, because it keeps him at the forefront of global news. He’s grown a thicker skin than since we were led to believe he was a fragile ego; he surrounds himself with yes-turds and dismisses any opposition with lies and flat out ‘la la la I’m not listening’. But if it keeps him in the global headlines, he’s the smuggest cunt in the world.
His reverential treatment of certain leaders like Putin and Kim Jomg Un says a lot about him. I read somewhere that after the summit with NK, he talked about how the newsreaders there were so respectful of their president! He actually thinks that NK is to be aspired to!

Are there any protests planned for his visit here? I feel the need to wave a placard.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

smalex wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:17 pm He's certainly gone at this with more gusto than people (including me) imagined.
Still, Hilary’s emails, amirite?
smalex

Post by smalex »

Ella77 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:18 pm
smalex wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:17 pm He's certainly gone at this with more gusto than people (including me) imagined.
Yeah. Thank GOD the world dodged that bullet, eh?
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

Ella77 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:18 pm

I’m fucking furious at all those wankers. And still sad that Verm fell for it.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

He appears to be backing down on this, publicly at least. We shall see.

I really wish we had a PM with a backbone too, one that would just tell him that he and his cronies and his ideas are not welcome next month.

As much as I hate Teresa May and her power hungry, dead face I don't actually blame her for not doing it. Nobody approaching anything like power in this country would have the bollocks to actually put politics above their own needs and ends.
smalex

Post by smalex »

What does TM hope to gain from him though? Its patently obvious we're going to get the complete opposite of a cracking trade deal off them post-Brexit. He wants to fuck us over just as much as anyone else. Its also clear Western leaders hold absolutely no sway over him at all. They can't negotiate or talk him round or dissuade him from any of his horrendous decisions. So basically she just fucks off British people (most of which hate him, irrespective of their politics) and makes herself look weak(er) in the process. Plus she's got to risk being manhandled by him again, which must raise the bile in ones stomach somewhat.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I've never been convinced by the 'special relationship' but its about as meaningful as a pile of dogshit now.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I have no idea what she hopes to gain, she reminds me of a female version of Montgomery Burns desperately clinging on to whatever power she can get her hands on, I full on hate her and her thieving bunch of cronies probably more than Trump and his.

Wouldn't it be nice if a united Europe started to one by one stand up to him and tell him that he wasn't welcome. Just imagine!