Plenty of Turtle

Skips

Re: Plenty of Turtle

Post by Skips »

So the 26 year old cancelled and I've barely heard from him since ( a couple of message last week), which is fine as I knew it was never going to be a lasting relationship.

I met someone else for a couple of dates but he said he didn't want to go and see wonder woman but did go and see both the Batman and Superman films and it totally put me off (he claims he's not sexist as he likes catwoman :woteva: ).

I had a first date with another chap that tried to get into my pants so that ended quite swiftly.

And finally, I had a first date with a friend of a friend last Monday (she in no subtle way at all set up a WhatsApp group chat over the weekend before, introduced us and then left). :lol: I had met him before at an event we were both at so it's not like we're total strangers. We met again at the weekend, went to an exhibition and a walk and we're going out for dinner and to the cinema tonight. It seems to be going well.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Skips wrote:(she in no subtle way at all set up a WhatsApp group chat over the weekend before, introduced us and then left).
:lol: I love this! I hope tonight's date goes well.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Good work on your friend's part. Tell us more about this chap :sitscomfortably:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Skips

Post by Skips »

What would you like to know?
sally maclennane

Age, job, looks?
Skips

Post by Skips »

Unemployed (he's diabetic and has nerve problems), but he's doing some training to try and work at home
Taller than me (most people are), dark hair, average build. Little bit of facial hair, couple of tattoos.
sally maclennane

Sounds good ;)
Pepper

Post by Pepper »

I had my first date in forever last Friday, with a guy I met on Tinder a year ago. We've been in contact through Snapchat, WhatsApp & now Facebook/messenger for months.

The date seemed to go ok. I like him. We met at a bar and then I took him back to his (he walked there and was drinking).

The last time I heard from him was when he messaged to check I was home ok. He knew I had a busy weekend planned (one thing fell through) and he has been busy this week (moving into a new place & stuff associated with that). I really don't know how to feel about it or what to do. Whether that was it, to contact him or see if he will contact me.

This sucks :(
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

It's hard to know what to do next isn't it. Maybe send him a message in a few days asking how he's getting on in his new place?

:permasingle:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

So... I have told this guy at work I want to set him up with a friend of mine who lives in Manchester (where he is based). I quite like him myself, but there are millions of reasons why it would not work inc. distance; however, knees allowing, I am going up there for Christmas and we discussed meeting up at the Christmas markets. Is there a way that I could say "Hi, send me your number and if I am up around Christmas I will text you and we can have gluwhein and hopefully you can meet J if you feel like it." Without sounding like I fancy him for myself? But kind of leaving the door open in case he would like to meet me rather than J? (I haven't told J any of this by the way, I just thought it would be good for her and he is v fit and funny so she would like him - I have no idea why he's single to be honest.)

Is there a way of being subtle without being obvious?

olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Stop fixing your friends up with people you might be interested in! :))

I think it's perfectly fine to send a message and suggest exchanging numbers. You've already talked about catching up so no need to go into a lengthy explanation about your friend.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I guess we have already talked about it, so it won't look too weird - I don't want him thinking that I like him and being uncomfortable.

I thought it might be a good way of finding out if he were single or not. I didn't expect to enjoy talking to him as much as I did after I found out!

olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

It won't be the end of the world if he thinks you might be slightly interested. If he's attached he'll soon let you know.

Now go message him.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

He's definitely single, but I am always telling men I am interested and they are mildly discomfited so I don't want that to happen again! I don't want that pitying look.

So, I have offered him the option of buying J a Gluwein, or if he decides he doesn't want to he can buy me a hot chocolate with a slug of brandy. It depends how much money he wants to spend. And my mobile number is ...

Hopefully that sounds friendly without being over-friendly.

Disco

Post by Disco »

Just forget about J!
sally maclennane

Yep, if you're interested, suggest meeting up just you and him. If you've not mentioned it to your friend, she'll be none the wiser.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I have messaged him though a bit of me hopes he will ask to go out with J because it would be nice for her, they live close to each other, and blah blah. Anyway. Probably nothing will come of it but at least I sort of asked.

Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I don't think he will know that you sort of asked, though.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Stop thinking about J! Just carry on and never mention J again.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

:lol: Poor J!

He might not get it, I suppose, but that's as "forward" as I can be at the moment. And that was difficult enough. :l: