Puberty Schmuberty

Ruby

Re: Puberty Schmuberty

Post by Ruby »

I don't think you need to feel shit, Pip. This could go on for months - you're not expected to magically anticipate when your daughter's periods might start.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I don't think HHC was trying to make you feel shit, there, Pip...
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

She’ll be fine, Pip. You’ve prepped her and she’s sensible enough.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I don't think that HHC was either.

Thanks for the pointers, people. I am more than happy for M to take the lead with this one, thats no problem. :))
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

My dad disappeared behind a copy of the Guardian when we were about 12 and didn't reappear again until we were roughly 18. So if you're even marginally more open and available than that then you'll be fine.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Overreaction, sorry. I think I recognise the PMT symptoms in myself.
Hamm

Post by Hamm »

You'll be in sync, Pip! The mirena hasn't taken away my pmt stuff.

We have a lot of attitude and the shoulder/eyeball thing. T got a right talking to yesterday which is very unusual.

L was a bugger for ripping tags off or saying he liked it and then not wearing it. At about 14 I moved him to clothes allowance and that soon stopped it.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Pip :))

My Mum likes to joke that she got her hysterectomy when I was 13 because a year of all three of us having periods was more than enough. That wasn't the reason :look:

F has had BO for most of the year now. It is a daily battle to make him shower. He does that cliched thing of pretending to shower* which takes longer than actually showering. It's gross.

*he once came back downstairs saying he'd showered - the idiot still had his socks on.
Hamm

Post by Hamm »

T went through a phase of just wetting his hair. Ooh, wet grease. How nice. Although the flip side is we have no fear of nits. He's had to move from kid shampoo to adult to shift the ming though.

For the smelly T puts deodorant on every day now plus I bought the tiny lynx (3 for 2.50, impulse too) because he was getting self conscious after pe at school.
Hamm

Post by Hamm »

A couple we know had 3 daughters within 4 years and they moved to a house with 3 bathrooms and an extra loo just because the dad was sick of being in a 2 hour queue. His defining moment was a 12 year old legging it by on the stairs as he was going for a little bit of time with his book.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Santa Claude wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:29 pm *he once came back downstairs saying he'd showered - the idiot still had his socks on.
:mog:

J loves a shower. TD is the soap dodger in our house.
Luna

Post by Luna »

When I lived with my friend who had 2 kids, they were terrors for running a bath and not actually getting in it. They'd stick a hand in and make splashing noises and then come down in their dressing gowns. No-one was fooled.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

So to update the situation, she’s fallen out with her best friend, spent the afternoon crying and moping and being a general pain in the bum. Says it’s not connected and refusing to speak clearly. I’m loving motherhood. :)
The Vagin Mary
The Baarometer of Style

Post by The Vagin Mary »

I started my period at 10 when I was in Primary School :bel: and listened to my sister who told me put the pad on sticky side up :eek: :cry:

So yeah dont do that

Totally TMI :)) :)
Disco-Yes vagina, it's called a telephone
Barb- I agree, however your norks are smaller than I had imagined and you've got a head
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Sorry Vag. (I bet that’s what you said!) :mog:
The Vagin Mary
The Baarometer of Style

Post by The Vagin Mary »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:06 pm Sorry Vag. (I bet that’s what you said!) :mog:
:cry: :lol:
Disco-Yes vagina, it's called a telephone
Barb- I agree, however your norks are smaller than I had imagined and you've got a head
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Beena wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:36 pm You can get tiny panty liners, Pip. Not the scented ones. Bambs used to get a bit of other discharge before her periods started properly and those made it all seem less ick for her.
How tiny? Do you recall the brand? I’d prefer reusable but need to research for something super thin and Sproglette needs something in the meantime.

I was only saying to P the other day that I might start tracking her more fragile moments (like when she comes to us for cuddles because she’s crying but doesn’t know why) as they seem to coincide with just prior to my periods but I can’t say for sure. Then I got called to inspect the past two days knickers and had an early morning discussion about discharge. (She then declared I’VE GOT DISCHARGE to P, who tried saying he was eating but got a look because it’s all normal and nothing gross, innit :look: :lol: ).
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

wendy james wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:07 amHow tiny? Do you recall the brand? I’d prefer reusable but need to research for something super thin and Sproglette needs something in the meantime.
This company’s been recommended on a fb group I’m in, wendy. They’re made to order so I don’t know how the prices compare but the woman who runs it is (apparently) very knowledgeable and being able to choose fabrics might make it more interesting for Sproglette. https://hiccupsandjuice.co.uk/
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Thanks Froozy, I’ll have a nosey. I’ve been googling as well and found some liners (disposable and reusable) aimed at teens, which would probably be more 8 year old appropriate than adult ones.
Clarice

Post by Clarice »

My 8 year old is also emotional, very moody and started to get smelly after sports, it feels too soon! I’ll be watching and learning from you all