Puberty Schmuberty

Kleio

Re: Puberty Schmuberty

Post by Kleio »

wendy james wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:49 am Thanks Froozy, I’ll have a nosey. I’ve been googling as well and found some liners (disposable and reusable) aimed at teens, which would probably be more 8 year old appropriate than adult ones.
Have you any links Wendy?

Betty has had discharge for a while but it doesn’t worry her so I just wash her pants on hot. She’s also getting very emotional/irritable and this is the third month in a row she’s had intense stomach cramps (central and low) with a back ache around this date.

Last night the poor girl got no sleep, she just cuddled a hot water bottle while I massaged the base of her spine and she quietly cried. :cry:

I need to put a kit together ASAP. I’m thinking we’ll do disposable initially then move to reusable as a family.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

https://www.earthwisegirlsuk.co.uk/reus ... -1_19.html

I think it’s Lil-lets that do teenage liners and pads.
Hamm

Post by Hamm »

T was saying the girls had a period talk at school.

We are struggling with the smell and the hair grease. His hair is horrible within about 2 hours, I’ve bought greasy hair shampoo but it’s not helped much. And the smell. We’ve had some warm days/pe days and he’s so ripe when he gets in that I’m gagging. I’m making sure of daily showering, deodorant and I’ve packed him up with stuff in his bag but I’m really worried about the amount of chemicals and also bullying. If he smells like that by 10am at big school?
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

If he's showering every day then I'm sure he is fine, Hann. The kids at school don't exactly smell fresh - they're tightly packed into classrooms all day.

The SAMs hair is constantly greasy though and he refuses to shower every day. :mad: I am assuming a desire to be clean will develop with age.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I've struck a deal with Fe about showering because I lack parenting skills to handle it any other way. If he showers every night (apart from Friday's, he has swimming then anyway) then he gets ice cream for pudding at the weekends. I need to remember more that that kid would do anything for ice cream.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Jack is also constantly greasy and won't shower more than every second day. He loves Thursday because he showers at school and then i don't nag him. He also believes that a liberal scoosh of lynx is an alternative to a wash :ruby:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Ruby wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:46 am If he's showering every day then I'm sure he is fine, Hann. The kids at school don't exactly smell fresh - they're tightly packed into classrooms all day.

The SAMs hair is constantly greasy though and he refuses to shower every day. :mad: I am assuming a desire to be clean will develop with age.
I'm sorry to tell you that J's son is 18 and still has to be reminded to shower/put on deodorant. J says his only hope is that he (son) meets someone he wants to impress :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

That's what eventually worked with my brother :lol:
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

E's son is the same and he is nearly 19 and apparently has a girlfriend :cry:
Hamm

Post by Hamm »

L was fine about doing without telling from about 14 but T, even with washing, is bad. I honestly didn't know what the stench of rotten onions was. And it was my poor baby. It lingered.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

We had a bit of an issue with lingering stench, even post-shower, and switching to antibacterial soap sorted it right out.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Yes! Although just ordinary hard soap is much better for getting rid of a stench than shower gel, I find. I've been trying hard soap for eco-reasons and I've noticed the chaps definitely smell cleaner. I'm squeamish though so everyone has their own bar and a colour-coded soap pouch.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

SB2 was a right greasy soap dodger, complete with dandruff and spots. I think he then discovered feelings about girls, and now showers every day, sprays enough lynx on to take down Extinction Rebellion and quiffs his hair to within an inch of it's life. He's recently 16.
Malan
Hamm

Post by Hamm »

L still uses so much scent you can taste it across the house.

T uses soap on smelly bits and has a crunchy for scrubbing. He's fine when he's out but it quickly starts again. I'm not sure whether to try Mitchum or a natural rock one. Both.
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

The natural rock ones do sod all for E’s ‘scent’ but Mitchum works a treat.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Ugh, teenage boys :lol:
Edith Bacon

Post by Edith Bacon »

E is a girl, but yes :))
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

God, with every thread I read about older kids, I’m so glad I have this place. Otherwise I’d be so underprepared for what’s to come with my two.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

:lol: sorry. Teenagers in general then. I don’t remember being smelly! I must consult my mother. I think I was very keen on showering, roll-on deodorant and Tribe.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Due to the fact I was dancing in my youth we were taught to use deodorant from 10 onwards I think. I don't remember ever being smelly. When I taught Greek children that was a whole different issue. :faint: plus hairy armpits in a leotard was never a good look.