In my Easter bonnet

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

In my Easter bonnet

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

With all its frills upon it. :sing:

I have to make one for Squeak. Help!
Last edited by Pippedydeadeye on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thora mkii GTi

Re: In my Easter bonnet

Post by Thora mkii GTi »

Straw hat and a trip to Hobbycraft :yes:

ETA: Amazon have Easter bonnet making thingies too http://www.amazon.co.uk/pgs-ltd-Easter- ... B001611HKO" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Apple

Post by Apple »

I got sent to school one easter in an old sombrero with flowers stuck on, don't do that to squeak :grump:
Beena

Post by Beena »

Do you have Home Bargains near you, Pips? They do Easter hat kits and bits for a couple of quid.

A sombrero? Poor Apple. :))
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

My mum made me an ace daffodil hat when I was about squeak's age. My face was in the trumpet bit - I think she just made it from orange crepe paper and yellow card and some ribbon. Kind of like this one from here

but the other way up like this if that makes sense - like this:

If it appeals I'll ask my mum how she did it and see if they can scan a photo in!

I hope I don't have to make one for George - he won't keep a hat on his head :george:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I think you should make one like that for George, just so we can see a pic :mrgreen:

I saw Easter kits in Monsoon as well.
George

Post by George »

Good grief, that man looks terrifying!

I second the idea of a cheapo straw hat and a visit to Hobbycraft. A load of coloured tissue paper and some pipe cleaners, and away you go.
Lucy666

Post by Lucy666 »

Is buying one against the rules? Sainsburys are selling all that stuff.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Tesco also had straw hats and Easter gubbins in. Stick a couple of those chicks on a cheapo hat and Bob's your uncle.

I have to make the SAM an usher's outfit for the Reception 'Royal Wedding' tomorrow. Ella is marrying Jacob apparently. Why did this Jacob get the Prince's role? :verm: He must be bald I suppose.
Beena

Post by Beena »

Bambs has to wear red, white and blue tomorrow and they're watching the Princess Bride. Tenuous link there somewhere.
gin

Post by gin »

My girls' school is doing a Royal Wedding Dinner special for lunch. Pizza, one (count em) cocktail sausage, a sandwich, a cake and a jelly. I'm paying £1.90 each for this. :uhh:

I have to make an Easter Bonnet for Meggy too. I have her sister's old one from the other year. Straw hat (NOT a sombrero :lol: ) with a few little easter chicks badly stuck on. I never throw anything out, luckily.
George

Post by George »

We are having a street party with lunch tables out on the playground on the Thursday before, and the kids are dressing up as Kings and Queens. I have my mother's veil to wear. I did have a vague idea of a 80s Princess Di style wedding dress, but I am not prepared to pay the prices Ebay wants me to pay - so the veil will have to do as it is.

I would not want to be paying £1.90 for that lunch! Mind you, having seen the school dinners we serve, you would have to pay me more than £1.90 to eat them. Microwave-tastic.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Poundland / pound shops should have a load of stuff. I got my mum a load of stuff in there for her kids, they definitely would have some good things for making bonnets and it's major cheap, obviously.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I'll go looking with my mum on Saturday. Thanks, guys!
George

Post by George »

Cerise wrote:I cant decide between Elvis and Priscilla.
:disco:

Why do I never have brilliant ideas like this?!!!!
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

This thread may prove useful, as I have to make a hat for our Royal Wedding do on the Big Day. I have no idea where to start but I REALLY want to win the prize offered for the 'best hat'.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I'm secretly hoping they do an easter bonnet parade, I love all that crafty stuff!

G won't be a nursery for the wedding week but I had an ace idea lined up in case they did a royal wedding dress up day - I was going to make another one of my customised t-shirt specials with union jack bunting :weewee:. I might do it anyway and make him wear it with a foil crown decorated with cotton wool ermine trim and fruit gums jewels (just like I had for the silver jubilee street party!)
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Simply sellotape some eggs to her face and head.