Ella77

Re: Exceedingly petty gripes

Post by Ella77 »

Take the bulbs out :scrap:.

These watches are tightly done up.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Using famous people’s title, even if they’re not in earshot. “I thought Sir Lenny Henry was great in Hamlet”. Just fucking say Lenny Henry.

Ok, you should probably ban me now.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

People (ie my sister) who make 'jokes' about absolutely nothing. Yesterday, we were at a gallery where there was an exhibition of old paintings of Newcastle, and I said I'd love to have a trip in a time machine to see what it looked like properly, only to be told that I'd always wanted to be Dr Who (with accompanying laughter). I haven't watched Dr Who since I was ten, and no - I'd just like to go on a day trip to The Past, not jump about the bloody galaxy.

Too petty even for the IWLTS thread, I know :l:.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Ella77 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:23 pm Using famous people’s title, even if they’re not in earshot. “I thought Sir Lenny Henry was great in Hamlet”. Just fucking say Lenny Henry.

Ha ha ha. I hate this too. He came into our building for a talk recently and I flinched when other people said it.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Hannieroo wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:19 am My kids leave a line under the console of every day ones but I do get cross about unusual ones not being put away.
Mine do too! That is not where shoes go!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Morgs, that’s just weird of her.
emma_p wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:52 pm
Ella77 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:23 pm Using famous people’s title, even if they’re not in earshot. “I thought Sir Lenny Henry was great in Hamlet”. Just fucking say Lenny Henry.

Ha ha ha. I hate this too. He came into our building for a talk recently and I flinched when other people said it.
:dotty:
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I actually removed it from written communications about the event too. I’m such a twat!
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

No you’re not!
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

ParisGal wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:12 am

We have a full set of matching normal cutlery, plus about as many again in various mismatched stuff. Every day MrPG takes one of the matching teaspoons for his tea, so that if we need teaspoons for pudding or something we might have to use a mismatching one.

That seems reasonable to me!

My exceedingly petty gripe is to my coworker who sits right across from me. Every day it's, "Me and Mike or Me and the kids, etc.. Or even worse, she says, I seen this ... :cry:
Montana

Post by Montana »

ParisGal wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:12 am I can't (and wouldn't like to) say this in real life as I am absolutely unjustified, but I get slightly annoyed about it every day :lol: :l:

We have a full set of matching normal cutlery, plus about as many again in various mismatched stuff. Every day MrPG takes one of the matching teaspoons for his tea, so that if we need teaspoons for pudding or something we might have to use a mismatching one.

It's so ridiculous, but it irks me a tiny bit each time :lol:
A variation on this really drives me crazy. M will insist on using nice shiny teaspoons for tea-making instead of our numerous old, dull ones. I have said on numerous occasions but getting openly cross about it would be viewed as unreasonable.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Ella77 wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:54 pmMorgs, that’s just weird of her.
She does it all the time, and if I don't join in the hilarity I am cast as Ms Miseryguts.

My friend used to take all stray trainers and tie the shoelaces together before putting them back where she'd found them.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Solidarity :)) (I'm not entirely sure but am choosing to believe Five is on my side!).

Our accountant keeps making a grammatical mistake (I suppose the equivalent of saying "I should of" or something) - she's a great accountant but it really grates :spoon:
Panda

Post by Panda »

Mr P has a thing about lights too. We have a light over the mirror in our bathroom and he always uses it rather then the actual bathroom light, which is so much closer to him when he walks in the room.

Then he leaves the light on for me, so the first thing I have to do is turn it off and switch on the actual fucking bathroom light.

He does the same with the light over the hob in the kitchen, and yet he won’t go near the lamps in the living room and always puts the big light on instead. What is it about inappropriate lights??
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

All of these are perfectly reasonable things to get annoyed by, except Mr Dandelion's toothbrushing thing which I also do :uhh:. (It happens if you brush your tongue a bit too enthusiastically, but I remember Digs and BroPo being utterly disgusted by me when we went away.)

My colleague wears days of the week socks on the wrong days. :verm:
Starry

Post by Starry »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:01 pm Mine is that he will not ever leave the crap catcher thing in the fucking sink. It is for catching crap! It won’t catch the crap on the draining board!
YES! Except he leaves it in the sink, just not in the plug hole.

People who are unable to load a dishwasher properly. There is a system, and it doesn’t involve putting small things in the middle takingbuo space that should be occupied by bigger things.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh, Lora, the socks :bite:. Is it deliberate?
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I don't think he notices/cares, Ella. In which case he is not qualified to own them, obviously.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Panda wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:51 pmWe have a light over the mirror in our bathroom and he always uses it rather then the actual bathroom light, which is so much closer to him when he walks in the room.

Then he leaves the light on for me, so the first thing I have to do is turn it off and switch on the actual fucking bathroom light.
Mr S used to do exactly this! Until I asked him nicely to fucking well stop and use the normal fucking light like a normal human.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

ParisGal wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:54 pm Solidarity :)) (I'm not entirely sure but am choosing to believe Five is on my side!).

Our accountant keeps making a grammatical mistake (I suppose the equivalent of saying "I should of" or something) - she's a great accountant but it really grates :spoon:
YES :bite:
Sky

Post by Sky »

I’ve moved the floor lamp from one side of the living room to the other and now it highlights the massive fucking crack right across my ceiling :mad:
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;