IWLTS it's 2024 - and ...

Dutchie

Re: IWLTS it's 2024 - and ...

Post by Dutchie »

Yes, I also expect to be lightly sozzled from the afternoon onwards. However, my MIL gets absolutely plastered every chance she gets - including children's birthday parties, Easter egg hunt, N's first ever sleepover at their house... And I mean raging drunk, as in unable to string a sentence together, falling over and shouting. At Easter J1 took his new girlfriend along to meet them for the first time. We were so embarassed.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Oh Lord, I hate day drinking. Two drinks at lunchtime and I'm hungover and asleep by 4pm. (I don't mind if I have nothing to do in the evening apart from be fed and nap)
I also can't look after small children when drinking and/or hungover. It's really hard.
Malan
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Two drinks and I'm anyone's; I can't get my head around being able to drink all day. :lol:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

IWLTS: Oh you hope you didn’t pass anything on, do you? When you had a fever and Covid symptoms but still came to do the show? When you were in our airless dressing room with twenty other people and now three of them have Covid? Do you think you might NOT have passed it on? Jeez!

What is wrong with people? :verm:
Luce

Post by Luce »

Lily wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:29 pm Two drinks and I'm anyone's; I can't get my head around being able to drink all day. :lol:
Ah, this is where the magic of the constant food comes in. We were mildly horrified at the gluttony on day 1 but by day 5 had fully leant in to it. And then you just sleep it off in the afternoon in the sun! It was honestly the best holiday I’ve ever had! 🤣

But yes, not being in charge of children at the same time is key!
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Ah I'd forgotten the joys of that bit! Sounds more tempting now...
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I would give anything to be able to go AI right now but the problem is that The Child now counts as an adult which makes it too expensive at the moment, but she would be the perfect age right now.
Little My

Post by Little My »

The price hike when they are still children really is quite annoying.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Imagine how much food a teenager could eat an at all inclusive place though!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

L would eat the whole family’s share I reckon :lol:
Little My

Post by Little My »

R eats like a sparrow.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I would never get value for money either. AI is not my thing!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Little My wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:54 pm R eats like a sparrow.
A does as well.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:49 pm L would eat the whole family’s share I reckon :lol:
J used to take his kids on holiday to AI resorts because it was the only way he could afford it, given the amount his son ate as a teenager :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Hah yes, J1 and J2 are perma-hungry, so this will be the perfect holiday in that respect!
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

I reckon mine generally eat more than me even at 4 & 6, they are bottomless pits :lol: we always do AI and I reckon everyone gets their moneys worth tbf.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

wendy james wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:37 am IWLTS You have been a lovely as my joining buddy and general colleague to chat to when in/at socials, but I sincerely hope we don't work together on a project again.
I haven't been able to shake her off for the next bit of the project. Much debate about whether she was the right person for the next phase as we need a specific skillset but nobody else has the availability so it's a combo of her and some background support with somebody who has the skillset. She's already driving me mad, but also pissing me off. I've been chasing her all week to speak to me before I meet with the client. Latest excuse is she's busy picking up prizes for the charity quiz tonight!
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

IWLTS, please stop with the basketball! Our new neighbours have a kid who has played with the flipping thing for three days straight. I know it great that he's outside etc, but the constant thudding is really annoying me. I can even hear it when I've got my noise cancelling ear buds in.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Oh god, I have this weird thing where I feel I must confess but you're not my neighbour are you? Theo plays basketball for hours in the garden, I've almost tuned out the incessant fucking noise but I feel so so sorry for our neighbours*! No one has said anything and his obsession has gone on for over a year now but I'm very wary of it. There are times when he isn't allowed (early mornings, later at night etc) but I confess that every minute he is playing outside is one less minute on his playstation so I kind of let it happen. May I please offer an apology from all parents of basketball playing children, it is fucking annoying! :look:

We only have 2 neighbours, one is in Australia half a year and one has kids that scream/swear in the garden to all hours of the night so I'm kind of hoping we get away with it
Little My

Post by Little My »

Heh, I have a basketball lovin' kid. I honestly don't care about the noise, and find it to be a happy sound that I mostly just ignore. (We don't have neighbours.) But I bought him one of those "silent" basketballs for indoors, because obviously he can't be expected to be without a bball.. Well it isn't silent, and his sister is not a happy bunny. Come to think of it, she sings at the top of her lungs and he never complains. Hmm.

But you have my sympathy, Wiggle, because we used to live next-door to hockey arseholes.