Let's do 'Days' again

overthehill

Re: Let's do 'Days' again

Post by overthehill »

I only have the vaguest recollection of [some] of these people, but they're all fascinating in their weirdness.

I missed Calico for a while, as I always slightly deferred to her as the 'senior' professional dressmaker on the boards. When I started my dressmaking business, I remember her slightly poo-pooing my advertising that I hand-finished garments, telling me that most people regarded hand sewing as unprofessional, these days ... :sad: We do very different work and I haven't given it a thought for a long time, but, it was early days for me and the knock-back went deep.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
smalex

Post by smalex »

I think she was very jealous of anyone who displayed any knowledge of dressmaking, OTH. I'm sorry she was hurtful, that sort of thing does hurt!
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

I loved reading that thread . So many posters are AWOL. What happened to ginger ? Did she leave or change her name ?

Hapsan 💕 she came back for a little while then disappeared didn’t she?
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I was thinking about Ginger the other day!

HapSan was awesome, I often wonder what happened to her and where she is. Her parents used to live not far from me.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

She really was good value !

I seem to recall she got a boyf and moved in. I’d like to though k she is happily coupled up, with offspring if she desires or not if she doesn’t lol.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I missed that thread first time round. It is excellent.

HapSan was great. I hope she’s doing well.

I had in my head that “sexual cocaine” was that Shere Khan one. Who was she then? She slept with one of Robson and Jerome, too right?
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Kleio I’m amazed you put up with that but it was obviously pre children!

She sounds like my unhinged friend. On a separate note, She is a nurse and got the call to stand i and (and her family) said no. Imagine being on the front line trying to save lives and a fellow nurse breaks down in tears Cos she can’t cope
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Estrella wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:45 amI had in my head that “sexual cocaine” was that Shere Khan one. Who was she then? She slept with one of Robson and Jerome, too right?
That was La Boheme. She was deeply unpleasant, but didn't go on about her sex life all the time.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Ah, thanks Morgs :)
rosy

Post by rosy »

Sexual cocaine was Ankh/Sevilliana.

La Boheme/Antigone was Shere Khan :lol: and said that she'd slept with Robson Green (um, yay?) and was quite nice in person but was a fucking horrible bitch online, and not nearly as well educated/intelligent as she professed to be.

The difficulty was that in real life she was a really lovely person but online she was awful, so those that that met her had a diametrically opposing view of her than those who had only interacted with her online. So Sky and Puzz and BEL and lots of others who knew her IRL found it difficult to understand why she was so hated by those who only knew her online. I met her and she was very nice, but then give her a keyboard and she was a completely different persona. I didn't understand it and I still can't. I said some mean things to her online but nothing that she didn't deserve.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

rosy wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:28 am Sexual cocaine was Ankh/Sevilliana.

La Boheme/Antigone was Shere Khan :lol: and said that she'd slept with Robson Green (um, yay?) and was quite nice in person but was a fucking horrible bitch online, and not nearly as well educated/intelligent as she professed to be.

The difficulty was that in real life she was a really lovely person but online she was awful, so those that that met her had a diametrically opposing view of her than those who had only interacted with her online. So Sky and Puzz and BEL and lots of others who knew her IRL found it difficult to understand why she was so hated by those who only knew her online. I met her and she was very nice, but then give her a keyboard and she was a completely different persona. I didn't understand it and I still can't. I said some mean things to her online but nothing that she didn't deserve.
La Boheme is the only one I've had words with. And more than once. She is a vile piece of work and I remember, at the time, she was on other boards posting her vitriol and crazy lies. I don't remember who found her on those other boards, but it was definitely (most likely) her as she had a style.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I met up with La Boheme once (before she went properly weird), and while she was nice to me (to my face), she really wasn’t all that nice overall. I mean, she wasn’t awful at all, but her online and offline personas seemed fairly consistent to me.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I wish I could still had the posts that were sent to me that she made on other boards. Because I like this distraction from the only other news in town.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

You can still find her in the Guardian comments sections if you’re lucky.
Disco

Post by Disco »

FiveO'Clock wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:56 am [I don't remember who found her on those other boards, but it was definitely (most likely) her as she had a style.
It was me. You can't hide the crazy; the crazy will out.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Morganna wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:05 am
Estrella wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:45 amI had in my head that “sexual cocaine” was that Shere Khan one. Who was she then? She slept with one of Robson and Jerome, too right?
That was La Boheme. She was deeply unpleasant, but didn't go on about her sex life all the time.
She also posted in cod French, I can see the similarities. :wocket:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I saw her recently*. She told me to get out of her fucking way.

* Not in planned way, we are not BFFs. I don't know if she knew who I was but the aggression implied I wasn't just a random stranger.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
indigo

Post by indigo »

Woah!
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Mountain Goat wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:33 am I saw her recently*. She told me to get out of her fucking way.

* Not in planned way, we are not BFFs. I don't know if she knew who I was but the aggression implied I wasn't just a random stranger.
Say wha'?!
smalex

Post by smalex »

Wow!