The 'is this ok?' thread

Estrella

Re: The 'is this ok?' thread

Post by Estrella »

I’ve noticed a load more dog shit on the nature strips beside the road here (I carry bags and pick up Avon’s obviously). And way more people out and about. We have restrictions of 2 people in gatherings now. When I took Avon out last night there were four separate groups of four or more people in the park sitting chatting. It made me angry. As did the people walking the width of the footpath instead of single file to let us pass. Avon and I would move out into the road/way onto the grass to get out of their way.
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

Definitely lots more dog poo everywhere. And even more annoying because it is sunny and I want to wear sandals. What's wrong with people?

I can't believe the crazy vigilante flag down. She's putting herself in so much danger of catching it and also of being assaulted by an angry person. I hope someone does report her for her own safety.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

Ella77 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:23 pm Almost no couples are going single-file to pass us either, it’s so maddening. You don’t have to hold hands the whole time, people.
We’ve noticed that too - we all troop along in a single file, and if you do the same on the other side then the path is wide enough for us to be plenty far away from each other, but the amount of people who just walk down the middle!

Although one lady walking her dog really flattened herself, front first, arms splayed, against a wall as we walked past in single file, even though there was plenty of room. It was such a bizarre over reaction even her dog looked bemused. :lol:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Ella77 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:23 pm Almost no couples are going single-file to pass us either, it’s so maddening. You don’t have to hold hands the whole time, people.
We were moaning about this when we were out tonight, we go in single file (often into the road too) whenever we pass anyone else but I'd say only about half of them make any attempt to go single file.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Glint

Post by Glint »

We cross the street as some of our pavements are narrow, others are bloody oblivious.

Our council have closed the beach car parks, people are moaning that folk will just start parking in residential bits.
smalex

Post by smalex »

We've now completely drilled W into adopting a single file position every time anyone else comes onto the horizon. It's not hard. He did block the pavement twatting around with his bike while trying to post a letter today, so a dog Walker had to cross the road to avoid us, but I made a point of apologising to him.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

We had a real mix tonight.

Lots of people walked into the road and we all smiled in a 'isnt this weird' kind of way at each other. At one point a jogger approached us and I told the girls to move into an opening and Zoe ran off into it which made the jogger laugh.

There was more than one twat just walking along in the middle of the path and also people waiting at a bus stop which was really hard to get past.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I forgot, on our early-morning walk today, we were walking along a quiet road and saw a group of men in their early twenties a few hundred metres away. At about 5.50 a.m. something like that. We very quietly turned around and legged it back the way we’d come. I found it really unnerving because it was S who suggested we turn back, and he’s usually not bothered by stuff like that.

It probably sounds really innocuous, but it felt quite worrying at the time, and I realised that’s who I haven’t seen for a long time now; young men. They’re not usually up that early.
smalex

Post by smalex »

A group of young men that early in the morning I'd find...odd (& possiblyworrying)... at the best of times. It seems really odd now.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Right? Just hanging out in a group. Might have been up all night?
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

I’d definitely have turned tail in that situation too! (Also, I cant believe how early you get up!)
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

It’s only this week because of my husband’s work. It would be later than that usually!

Glad I’m not the only one.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

We're battening the hatches this weekend against the inevitable influx of city-dwellers with second homes on the coast. A lot of them have arrived already, intent on beating the promised Garda roadblocks. R and I did our weekend shop today, just so we don't have to go anywhere near the supermarkets. Locals are really good about staying out of each other's way in the aisles, but I doubt the same will be true of the families ignoring govt. and HSE advice to stay home. Ireland looks to be successfully flattening the curve, so far, and Clare has very few cases. But it won't last if we get the same sort of hoards we had the last time there was a sunny weekend!
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Aha! To be honest, groups of youth can always be a bit unnerving, but doubly so when the streets are empty, we’re all meant to be on lockdown - and when your normally relaxed husband also thinks it’s best to turn round!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

overthehill wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:56 pm We're battening the hatches this weekend against the inevitable influx of city-dwellers with second homes on the coast. A lot of them have arrived already, intent on beating the promised Garda roadblocks. R and I did our weekend shop today, just so we don't have to go anywhere near the supermarkets. Locals are really good about staying out of each other's way in the aisles, but I doubt the same will be true of the families ignoring govt. and HSE advice to stay home. Ireland looks to be successfully flattening the curve, so far, and Clare has very few cases. But it won't last if we get the same sort of hoards we had the last time there was a sunny weekend!
I see the Gardai have specifically asked people to report any breach of restrictions. I can’t see that going well.
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I've not seen a group in weeks. There were groups of school age teenagers shortly before the lockdown was announced but no others. Since then I've seen perhaps 3 families? I'd get a real fright if I saw a group. It's amazing how quickly your normal can change.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:02 pm I see the Gardai have specifically asked people to report any breach of restrictions. I can’t see that going well.
No! I hadn't seen that, but it doesn't bode well. We were called out on FB (IN CAPITALS) by the woman who owns a boutique across the road from our shop. In response to a photo of R replenishing stock. She didn't seem to realise that people were being encouraged to shop online and told us that our trips to the Post Office were non-essential. I think she realised that she was making a bit of a fool of herself and eventually deleted her comments. She'll be out on the roads, no doubt! :lol:
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My friend in Cork showed me this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

Glint wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:28 pmOur council have closed the beach car parks, people are moaning that folk will just start parking in residential bits.
Fools certainly will though. They closed the car park for our local nature reserve last week and people have been parking on residential streets and almost on the motorway slip road and roundabout. The council have now had to bring in temporary parking restrictions so that they can ticket these cars. Why can't people just stay local? The moaners are saying they need to walk their dogs and can't possibly do it within walking distance of their houses.

Good luck to all who live in lovely areas which might attract crowds over the weekend. Really hope people heed the advice and stay at home so the police don't have a horrible job this weekend.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I saw the police bollocking three mouth-breathers in a car this evening. I'm so tired of the world right now.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored