FML

Sofa

Re: FML

Post by Sofa »

Arrietty wrote: On a less revolting note, I appear to have lost the ability to make TITH recently. I used to make a beautifully puffed up light and fluffy batter, and now all I can make is stodge. :mad:
I went through a stage of this too, and realised my batter was too thick. Add a bit more milk next time.

I'm ignoring the maggots sentence. It'll happen to me one day, I know it will. So far I've been presented with a live pigeon, a live baby rabbit screaming at the end of my bed at 5am in the morning, live small rodents and various live small birds. Dead animals have included rabbits, a hare, pheasants, robins, voles, mice and partridges. Cats are foul.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Arrietty wrote:I appear to have lost the ability to make TITH recently. I used to make a beautifully puffed up light and fluffy batter, and now all I can make is stodge. :mad:

FML.
This has happened to me too! :panic:
Figaro

Post by Figaro »

I feel your pain, Sofa. I had all of the above from my childhood cat, plus an injured squirrel and a bat with bitten wings. I set up an animal hospital in the airing cupboard but skills and resources were limited and mortality rates were high :cry:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Sod it. Realised at a minute to 11 that I hadn't updated the sainsburys order, cancel option had already disappeared, 18 cartons of milk in trolley. After earlier success have tweeted about it.
ozbird

Post by ozbird »

18 cartons?? Are you running a coffee shop from your house? Perhaps if you do, it'll become the new hipster trend - going out for coffee whilst being at home.

I hope Sainsburys see your tweet.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

It was a placeholder.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Hope you can get your order changed, Tex.

FML this morning as I managed to forget to pick up a spoon for my porridge. However, the girl sat across me has a Leon protein pot and her egg is practically raw so it could be worse.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Argh!
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Me too olive. At worst I can probably refuse it and forfeit the delivery charge but it would be better for everyone if it was just cancelled.
smalex

Post by smalex »

This is your opportunity to start that cheese making business you've always wanted Tex! Texaco Dairies. Cheese of Shirley :uhh:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Hopefully Seamus of customer services is sorting it out now.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Milk crisis averted.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Hooray! Was it as a result of your tweet?

I have managed to sit a million miles away from the buffet car and as I was walking towards it the train lurched and I grab the toilet door handle. The bloody thing slid open full pelt taking me with it which was mortifying. :shame:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

No, it was the result of a phone call.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Yay! I was wondering if you could accept the delivery, then presumably as you'll still need to do the shopping, return all the milk. But cancelling it altogether is more betterer.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

The timing wouldn't have worked out very well and there isn't room in the fridge. It's all OK now though, I can stop twitching.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Oh no Olive! Did you fall spectacularly and / or expose someone in the middle of their ablutions? At least it wasn't on the way back from the buffet car when your food and drink may have been at risk :priorities:
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Thankfully not, Derek :lol:

Once I fell sprawled across a table of four surprised men working at a table.
Derek Nimmo

Post by Derek Nimmo »

Are you on a Virgin Pendolino? I find them right bastards for staying upright.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

No thankfully. I'm on a old East Coast train.

One of my colleagues is built like the Hulk almost went through a window of the pendolino!