Feeding TMT

Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Re: Feeding TMT

Post by Kenickie »

This is the second week that I've been unable to get any cling film at all. Strange.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

I've ordered another sack of Ruby's delicious jelly sweets :ready:.

https://guiltfreesweetshop.com/
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

They're so good.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

"A sack" :lol: :ready:
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Ella77 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:54 am I'm so pissed off about this now. We've booked an Ocado slot in September, and obviously a load of our usual items are no longer available, and the M&S substitutions they're suggesting are LOADS more expensive. It's absolutely crooked. I think we'll keep our annual delivery pass for now because of supply concerns after Brexit (although I know it doesn't guarantee anything) but switch to another supermarket for most shops.
I'm just about ready to sack Ocado off. I did an order for delivery today because I knew we might have to quarantine. It came to about £30 more than our Sainsburys C&C shops have been. So many things not available. No more Waitrose, no M&S yet. And I can see the price hike in branded things I buy regularly, like cranberry juice.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Also they're pissing about with limiting access to the app in the same way they once were with deliveries. I can use it, but it still doesn't work on my Mum's account.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I still get the “we’ve turned off our app” message but my friend definitely said she was using it the other week. Hmmm.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Yep. It's infuriating. I was trying to amend her order on her tablet and it kept saying that, and redirecting to ocado.com but then the website would recognise it was a tablet and send me back to the not - working app. Complete circle of madness. :banghead: While I was able to finish my own order on my phone no problem.

Luckily her order was for tomorrow so once we were home I could finish editing it on my PC this morning.
purple_dress

Post by purple_dress »

Hmmmm that is odd. I've been using the app again for weeks. When ordering for Sept there was all the M&S stuff. I didn't notice it being any more expensive from my perspective but I'm keeping an eye. We've signed up for Waitrose as well.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Further Ocado news - no delivery slots at all for the next few days. That hasn't happened in AGES! I wonder if it's post-holiday quarantining?

eta they seem to have branded all the basic M&S stuff - rice, butter etc "remarksable" :ruby:
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

emma_p wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:58 am Further Ocado news - no delivery slots at all for the next few days. That hasn't happened in AGES! I wonder if it's post-holiday quarantining?

eta they seem to have branded all the basic M&S stuff - rice, butter etc "remarksable" :ruby:
I was doing my Mum's order for tomorrow and I saw that "remarksable" stuff. When I first spotted it I thought it was a typo. :lol: :ella: And SO many products just not available. Not just M&S but other branded stuff seems to have vanished. It's a bit of a mess quite frankly.

I nabbed her slot for this week while we were away, and grabbed another one for next week as soon as we were home. I think people quarantining, or thinking they might have to, is bound to have an impact.

We did Sainsbury's delivery, as opposed to C&C, for the first time this week and it was fine. I might revisit Waitrose delivery now too.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

We have slots coming up (including on Friday), but so much stuff is missing, you're right. I'm not impressed so far.
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

I think lots more people are booking slots just because M&S is now available, and I suspect the changeover hasn't been easy. I'm sure it'll calm down. I may have been lucky as I had a delivery today with nothing missing. Remarksable, though :ella:.

ETA Remarksable isn't easy to type!
Last edited by Rosa on Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I thought it was a typo too! :))
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

What the fuck does remarksable mean? I don't get it :lol:
Rosa

Post by Rosa »

No idea, other a determination to squeeze 'Marks' into the branding of that range. I'm sure whoever came up with it thought it was brilliant!
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

It's so bad :lol:
Skips

Post by Skips »

For the first time in a while I am having to queue to enter the website.
Lola

Post by Lola »

I must be the only person on here who is pleased about the M&S Ocado thing. It’s the dream! :lol:

They’ve got Percy Pig vans :))
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Rosa wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:16 am No idea, other a determination to squeeze 'Marks' into the branding of that range. I'm sure whoever came up with it thought it was brilliant!
I can tell you with confidence that they are over the moon about it. :))