Feeding TMT

Rebel Pebble

Re: Feeding TMT

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Oh, that's good. Hopefully they've sorted some of their website capacity issues from the first time.

I bet the slot prices go back up again though.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

I've booked for the next two weeks (which is what I would do anyway), but I will order more of some staples.
Malan
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I can't book more than two weeks ahead anywhere and can't get anything with Tesco now. Luckily Asda is ok as Waitrose seems to be having website issues.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I'm tempted to get a chest freezer as mine is tiny.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I've managed to get my usual slot with ocado, so I have deliveries for the next three weeks.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

Kenickie wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:13 pm I'm tempted to get a chest freezer as mine is tiny.
I would, especially as there are four of you. It was great to have a pile of food, when I had to suddenly self isolate, the only urgent thing I needed was rabbit food.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I expected Sainsbury's to be chaos today but it was ok. Although flour looks short again. It seems to be a barometer.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I had a Tesco order booked for next week but the website has been very slow today so I'm assuming the news of a lockdown is prompting that.

I was planning on reinstating my monthly cheese order anyway so this is timely and have a veg box coming the week after next.

I'm so pleased I bought an additional freezer. It's only an under the counter one but it has doubled my freezer space so it's really handy.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I've just been shopping and it was relatively ok. I got everything on my list apart from courgettes and they've not been available for a couple of weeks.

We stocked up on a bit more meat but my cupboards are reassuringly full. Mum stocked up on M&S meals yesterday so I know she's ok for now.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Who was everyone ordering pick n mix from earlier in the year? Was it Pick Yo Mix
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Ken, I’d just get a normal freezer to be honest. I think you’d get more (organised) storage in one (we have another one out in the garage). I think chest freezers are just for bodies :))

I just have a reminder set twice a week to book a Tesco slot for 4 weeks in advance which has worked well but I have noticed now that you definitely can’t get anything for the next 3 weeks, whereas it had calmed down a bit so you could get a delivery at shorter notice or change a slot if needs be.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I have an under counter size freezer which has 3 drawers, it’s down in my study room so it’s tucked out of the way.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Oh, it's too late as I've ordered my cadaver storage now.

I can't get anything for Tesco except one click and collect slot. Luckily Waitrose and Asda seem to be ok at the moment. I can't face going back to spending every minute trying to get shopping, it was one of the worst bits of lockdown last time.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Ugh I know, it was so stressful. Morrison’s was always a good shout for me when Tesco were difficult to get slots with but they were terrible for missing half the shopping off and not subbing it. They would just deliver no beer at all which seemed completely unbelievable but less concerning for me because I don’t drink beer :look:
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Sainsbury's C&C availability seems to he holding up so far, but Ocado have reverted to their "edit your order by 11pm two nights before" and, having nabbed deliveries for my Mum up to 18th November, I now can't book her anything beyond that.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I've had to switch to Morrisons. Ocado has just got too pricey for us now. Luckily registering as J means we get priority slots (sorry everyone) so I've got a Saturday slot for the next three weeks.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Asda are generally quite good but yesterday they didn't have the loose white onions I ordered and didn't substitute them either. I can't believe they had no onions of any sort.

Sainsbury's were awful last week as we had an 8-9pm slot and they turned up at half eleven. I contacted them and they eventually grudgingly agreed to refund our delivery charge.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

There’s nothing wrong with having a priority slot if you need one, that’s what they’re for!
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

Half eleven! That’s really anti-social, isn’t it? Not your fault of course, Ken but I’d worry about upsetting the neighbors at that time.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Luckily my next door neighbours often go for the cheap late night ones so I wasn't worried about that, just my own sleep. ;)