Feeding TMT

Skips

Re: Feeding TMT

Post by Skips »

Lola wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:43 pm I must be the only person on here who is pleased about the M&S Ocado thing. It’s the dream! :lol:

They’ve got Percy Pig vans :))

I've done the usual shop and it's coming in a bit cheaper. And they have given me some free percy pigs :))
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I’m so happy about M&S! I just hate the remarksable.

I could add free Percy Pigs to my order (I hate them but the kids were really excited!)
Lola

Post by Lola »

Apparently 20000 packets of Percys have been ordered :)) I don’t like sweets myself but I’m happy to order all the cake :ready:
Skips

Post by Skips »

They have a much better cream cake selection than they did with Waitrose.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Lola wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:48 pm Apparently 20000 packets of Percys have been ordered :))
I'm glad Ella finally got her slot.
Lola

Post by Lola »

:lol:
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

:love: I mean, they were Colins, but sure.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh, so apparently there has been a lot of cancellations (from the Ocado end) today.
Numerous shoppers said on social media that their orders had been cancelled within hours of the expected delivery despite having been booked for weeks. Some said they could not get a new delivery slot for nearly a week and others mentioned a high number of substituted items.
Yikes.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... cellations
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Ocado have just emailed to say the app is back. Apparently they have staggered access to "make it as seamless as possible."
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Our first M&S order was ok on Friday. We also placed a small order with Waitrose for today just to see what they’re like (and in case the Ocado one was cancelled like the ones earlier in the week were).

The user experience with Waitrose is terrible. I know Ocado is first and foremost a logistics company and Waitrose is not, but you can really tell. We’ve got so many things missing from our order.
Skips

Post by Skips »

We still don't have access to the app, but hopefully it will come soon.

We didn't have any missing items at all from our delivery on Saturday, my mum is still getting hers here as well so we were both really pleased.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Ella77 wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:54 am The user experience with Waitrose is terrible. I know Ocado is first and foremost a logistics company and Waitrose is not, but you can really tell. We’ve got so many things missing from our order.
This is exactly what happened when we used them years ago. It's partly store capacity I think. Both local Waitrose branches are a decent size but not massive, unlike all the Sainsburyses near here.

Now quarantine is done I've reverted to C&C.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Even though our delivery came from a depot, it really was as though somebody had half-assed it around a shop on our behalf.

They’ve had so much notice that this was coming, I’d have thought they’d have wanted to hit the ground running, but it’s not good. Trying to shop for groceries on their site is just like trying to buy a lamp online from JL. The search function doesn’t even work properly. They’ve had a good opportunity to try to get loyal Waitrose customers to switch to them, but they might end up throwing it away.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I think you must be right, Rebs, as my mum had a really bad experience with them years ago and is refusing to try them again, whereas I've found them absolutely fine round here.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

We're in isolation until (fingers crossed) S's test comes back negative. Inevitably it's happened just before I was due to do our food shop so I thought booking a delivery would be the easiest way to go. No Waitrose slots for the foreseeable and Sainsbury's didn't have availability until late on Thursday. We had a Waitrose delivery about a month ago and I'm sure there were slots within a couple of days then so I'm not sure if they're overwhelmed with ex-Ocado customers or people who can't get tests and so are having to isolate (or both) but it doesn't seem a good sign alongside the numbers rising.

Our neighbours will help out (or one of the gazillion local supporters we seem to have) and Deliveroo do Co-Op shops so we'll be fine but it feels like yet another thing that some(mediocre white man)one should have been planning for this over the summer.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

It sounds like you're sorted but another option for you or anyone else in this situation might be to take Prime out for a month, free if you can get a trial thingy.
Froozy

Post by Froozy »

Thanks Rebs, is that through Amazon?
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Froozy wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:55 pm We're in isolation until (fingers crossed) S's test comes back negative. Inevitably it's happened just before I was due to do our food shop so I thought booking a delivery would be the easiest way to go. No Waitrose slots for the foreseeable and Sainsbury's didn't have availability until late on Thursday. We had a Waitrose delivery about a month ago and I'm sure there were slots within a couple of days then so I'm not sure if they're overwhelmed with ex-Ocado customers or people who can't get tests and so are having to isolate (or both) but it doesn't seem a good sign alongside the numbers rising.

Our neighbours will help out (or one of the gazillion local supporters we seem to have) and Deliveroo do Co-Op shops so we'll be fine but it feels like yet another thing that some(mediocre white man)one should have been planning for this over the summer.
Froozy, if you need to do a proper shop/too much to ask a neighbour to get, you could order a C&C and I'll drop it to your doorstep. (Asda Filton usually have loads of slots.)
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Yes, Amazon Fresh. Actually you might be able to use it without having prime but prime gets you free same day delivery over £40. I took out a prime trial just before we went to France and if we hadn't been ok for deliveries during quarantine it would've been a useful back up.

As it was Mr R got two bottles of tequila delivered the same day he ordered them, just because he could. :ella: Allegedly they were keenly priced.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

:lol: That’s the sort of shit I pull.

That’s kind of you, Lora. It is nice how Turtles help each other out.