Owl be wearing this!

Ella77

Re: Owl be wearing this!

Post by Ella77 »

emma_p wrote:I'm not sure any of this owl stuff looks very flattering. I'd feel a bit overgrown toddler.
Me too! I was looking at some lovely bird print dresses in Oliver Bonas yesterday, but I could never actually wear them; I think they might be a bit infantilising. A scarf or something is ok though.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I'm much more choosy about my bird prints now that there's so bloody much of the stuff around. :))
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

Sizing is quite big (or I'm miles thinner than I think). I'm a 12/14 pear shape. My M+S only had 10 or 14 so I tried the 10 because it looked right and it was fine on the hips, if a bit roomy, but fractionally too tight to zip up over my boobs. I think a 12 might have been a bit too lose on the hips and made me look bigger than I am. Lovely fabric though, a bit silky but still nice for day time wear and a really good length. I'm going to seek out a 12 to try but not sure it'll be great.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

I am actually a Tawny Owl (true, dat!) - I need you lot to dress me!
Tyla

Post by Tyla »

Batvia wrote:No owl dress in Preston M&S. :cry:
I looked for it in M&S Preston today too, Batvia :dotty: . They are loads on Ebay, some at quite extortionate prices :ella: .

I am tempted to go in to Manchester tomorrow and see if there are any there. However, I have no other reason at all to go to Manchester tomorrow, so I'll be super pissed off if they don't have any.

Edited to correct my appalling grammar :))
Last edited by Tyla on Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "what about lunch?"
Mme.Hibou

Post by Mme.Hibou »

Call them first and ask to be put through to Limited Collection, they were really helpful with me, they held it in the ordering department and said they'd keep it there for 48 hours!
Tyla

Post by Tyla »

Ooo, good thinking! I have to go to a children's birthday party in the afternoon, so a pointless trip to Manchester would be very inconvenient. Irritatingly, Mr T was at the Trafford Centre today and could have got one there for me, had I been organised enough to instruct him properly.
It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "what about lunch?"
Luna

Post by Luna »

I saw an owl vesty top in New Look the other day.

http://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/tops ... _259556110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brier

Post by Brier »

That is fucking sinister.
Luna

Post by Luna »

I thought that too. But I think owls are a bit sinister anyway with their twisty necks.
Batvia

Post by Batvia »

Tyla wrote:
Batvia wrote:No owl dress in Preston M&S. :cry:
I looked for it in M&S Preston today too, Batvia :dotty: .
:goat:

I might have a look in Wigan this morning, but it is unlikely they will have one. The more I look at it, the more I think the chance of it suiting me are very slim, anyway. Given the prevalence of owl things at the moment, I might just see what else is out there.
Sky

Post by Sky »

I can't find this dress on the M&S site. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tyla

Post by Tyla »

I can't find it on the website either, Sky. Which I am guessing means it's either so new it's not on there yet or it's sold out and they've removed it.
Mme.Hibou

Post by Mme.Hibou »

It's sold out and been removed from their website! It was there last weekend!
Sky

Post by Sky »

Oh boo :( Thanks though. I'm heading into town later so I'll see if the Marble Arch store has any and report back.
nineseven wrote:What's the point in being slim if you have to stay indoors all the time, leaking from your anus?
http://www.justgiving.com/Pamela-Ward" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
la Fée Verte

Post by la Fée Verte »

Bastian

Post by Bastian »

OOF. Too CUTE.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Sky wrote:Oh boo :( Thanks though. I'm heading into town later so I'll see if the Marble Arch store has any and report back.
I saw this in there this morning and they had sizes 12 -18.
Betty Bee

Post by Betty Bee »

Just when I finally decide that yes, I DO want this dress, it's sold out. I am an idiot. :(
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I have this: