Does anyone use a steam mop?

Skips

Re: Does anyone use a steam mop?

Post by Skips »

I've just ordered the Vax S5. This was based on the fact I want it to do more than just floor, it was on offer in Bobby Dyas and Hannie's recommendation to get a Vax as they will always make spares (and it gets good reviews).
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Vermilingua wrote:Oh. It appears that you take the floor bit off that one and have loads of attachments for cleaning grout and ovens and stuff?
The vax one? Or do you mean the TV one? The fact you could make it hand held is what was selling me on the TV one. I can't go against Han though. :shake:
Vermilingua

Post by Vermilingua »

The vax one. Although I want a steam cleaner for the floors, I also want it for doing grouting and around taps and stuff like that, otherwise it's just a bulky expensive one use thing that is just a bit better than a mop and bucket.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

Not the S2S one? Skips one seems to but the one Pip mentioned and I posted doesn't seem to, or am I reading it totally wrong? I really want to be able to do the cooker and grout which is what's making me hold off ordering one that just does floors just now.
Vermilingua

Post by Vermilingua »

From the link you posted, there don't seem to be any of the attachments for the S2S and the writeup doesn't mention them so I'd assume that they're not there. Perhaps Hannie can let us know for definite.
Skips

Post by Skips »

The S5 has attachments which is why I went for it.

http://www.vax.co.uk/utility-cleaners/s ... tAodWEgAUQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Yes, mine only does floors, which is all I want it for. It is the one Shoe posted.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

The S5 looks like it does everything. :love: Let us know how you get on Skips. :weewee:
Skips

Post by Skips »

It's being delivered on Saturday! I am stupidly excited by this fact. I am going to clean my whole flat.
Shoe

Post by Shoe »

I don't blame you, I am quite jealous. :l:
Vermilingua

Post by Vermilingua »

If you trust ebay, you can get that for £72
Vermilingua

Post by Vermilingua »

OR. Even better £60 delivered for a refurbished one (which is better than a brand new one).
Skips

Post by Skips »

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/P~155825~VA ... am-Cleaner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I only posted to the Vax site as it showed all the bits. Or it's £79something in Argos.
9tails

Post by 9tails »

S2S on sale at Amazon for £48.99 with free delivery.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vax-Bare-Floor- ... 577&sr=8-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ooh, me arse!
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I saw the infomercial at the weekend. It's claiming that it's the Which best buy, so does that mean it might be better than the Vax?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Which one Ken?

My dunelm mill had run out but Mr D pointed out the amazon one yesterday. I am still wavering but it will be our council tax money we don't pay so technically it is free
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Skips

Post by Skips »

I had great fun with the one I got over the weekend. I didn't realise how manky my kitchen was till I blasted it all with steam. I wasn't as impressed with limescale removal as I thought I would be but I'm going to give it another go as I think I was being impatient and liked the visable results I could see doing other things. Cleaning the floor was really easy with it too.
9tails

Post by 9tails »

Good, I'm looking forward to my S2S arriving. This year has been hell with rain, snow, mud and 6 free range cats. I'm permanently attached to the mop and pretend I don't notice the extremely grubby carpets.

I have a steam shark I bought many years ago that has attachments, I'm far too lazy to fuck about putting them all on.
Ooh, me arse!
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Kenickie wrote: It's claiming that it's the Which best buy, so does that mean it might be better than the Vax?
Which doesn't award Best Buy to just one product. I checked and there are six Best Buy steam mops, the Best Buy table is quite out of date though. The most recent one is a year old.

ETA: They have reviewed the Vax mops more recently than that but it doesn't look like they've been awarded Best Buy. It's a bit unclear though as the results aren't loading properly.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Ah, thanks, Squirrel. I've never subscribed so don't know how the Which stuff works. What are the others in the top 6?

It's this one, Dizz: http://www.thanedirect.co.uk/products/h ... omopx5.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It has loads of attachments but is also expensive (£106) so maybe not that good if it's the same as some other cheaper ones?
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.