Ideal Homes- Show Us Your New Purchases!

emma_p

Re: Ideal Homes- Show Us Your New Purchases!

Post by emma_p »

Morganna wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:47 pm May the force be with you! They look really good, Est.

I'm on a roll after years of buying very little for the house, and have bought this but in the gold colour (so the large size in the amber glass).

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 15.19.02.png

I got the floor lamp too, also in the softer colour. We went into the shop to check them out, and I'm pleased we did, as initially I liked the silver ones, but when you see them irl there is no petrol tinge to them like the online blub suggests, and the amber ones are a lot nicer. Also the shop can order things that aren't available online. As they aren't a stock order I have to wait for delivery, but we aren't sitting in the dark, so it doesn't matter. Meanwhile, I am on the lookout for wall lights and a table lamp that will tone with them, if anyone has any ideas of what would work? Currently we have tiffany lights, which I like a lot but am sick of looking at, and definitely won't go with the new things. I want something that isn't matching, but still looks 'put together'. I usually have the wall lights, floor lamp and table lamp on together to light from the edges, and if I can find something to arrive soon that would be great.

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 15.14.22.png
I knew I hadn't dreamt it :) You definitely have a type Morgs!
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

emma_p wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:31 pm I've had that pic saved for over a year! The colour looks so good with dirty London brick :love:
I really like that! We have yellow(ish) brick and I was looking for a greeny grey but I might get a sample of that.

I'd need to get it mixed for uPVC paint though :puzz:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

That is the perfect color for your front door!

It must have been her lamp that I was after. I still need to find something for the bookshelves but I might shop my house to see if I can rearrange things.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

emma_p wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:37 pm I knew I hadn't dreamt it :) You definitely have a type Morgs!
Ah yes :))

My confusion arose as that light is clear when lit and more silver than gold when off, so I didn’t connect it with amber. Well remembered!

I thought the round lamp would go with it, but I have got round the problem by taking a cordless one from the sideboard in the hall and putting it on the side table, replacing it with a cheaper mushroom lamp (from eBay) in the hall until I finish the decorating and kitchen. I’ll reconsider then when my budget is a bit healthier.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Light fittings are $$$ and it's so hard to find the right one.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Light fittings are a horrendous price. See also; taps. I have no idea why really.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I know, as I am shopping for both just now (lights for bedrooms and a kitchen tap). Light fittings are expensive, but you can usually see the difference between a cheap and an expensive one, but taps baffle me. Why are some of them hundreds of pounds and others tens? I don't know at what point a 'cheap' tap crosses over into 'good quality', and apart from the boiling water ones they all do the same thing. It's a bit like Fiona Bruce deciding between Good, Better, Best on the AR.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

My plumber said that the cartridges in cheap taps tend to go very quickly - we bought a really cheap kitchen tap in our old place that was actually a lovely brushed metal so I thought was a total bargain - but it did start to look crap really quickly.

Both the pillowcases on my favourite set of bed linen have ripped from being worn (and not somewhere I can mend them easily) so I treated us to a new set of Liberty bed linen as it was in the Black Friday sale. This is the first set of bed linen I've had in about the last 15 years that hasn't been white!

Morganna

Post by Morganna »

emma_p wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:50 am Light fittings are $$$ and it's so hard to find the right one.
PSA - If anyone is looking for light fittings, Pooky has a BF sale on. I chose the lights for my new kitchen ages ago, but have held off ordering because they are large and I didn’t want them hanging about with all the rest of the displaced items. I got an email today about the sale, and got 20% off, which was a good saving :frolic:. The sale is across the site with different discounts depending on the spend.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I have used my Pooky points towards this. As I change table lamps I am getting rechargeable ones as they are so much more flexible, and plan to put this one on the mantelpiece where there is a mirror behind it which will reflect the light back into the room. If the brass shade isn't as nice irl as in the picture, I will send it back and exchange it for a fabric one.

Screenshot 2023-12-07 at 12.33.19.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I am very strongly considering buying this in the Boxing Day sale for our TV room. It comes with two sets of covers and is fully machine washable which is required as dogs are allowed on the furniture in that room.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

That looks very comfy and I love the green! 2 sets of covers is such a good idea.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

It was the colour that drew me to it. MrE is on board but actually thinks we need more modular pieces so we can get rid of the armchairs in that room too.
Glint

Post by Glint »

I like that, especially the already bum dipped areas.

We’d like a new sofa, but we will wait until the main training is done.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

We had a couple of sofas years ago with a couple of sets of washable covers, and it was great. Then M started his leather furniture craze, but I'm having no more of that. I loved the smell of the room when the covers were freshly washed.
Little My

Post by Little My »

I like the look of that sofa. We love our new(ish) modular sofa.

Glint, that is wise! Our last sofa left the house with a puppy-related hole right through the seat.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I bought this small bedside lamp https://www.dunelm.com/product/hera-tex ... lour=Olive from Dunelm; it's way closer to a bottle green than olive. Then of course none of the lightbulbs that I had in my box of electrical shit fitted :fee: Back to Sainsbury's for lightbulbs.

I also bought a frame for the LOTR inspired map of Derbyshire that I got last month from Etsy seller. It's super quality but the details are so tiny, I'm not sure it's going to work as wall art.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Elya

Post by Elya »

I like your lamp!

A friend gave me this one as an early birthday present https://abigailahern.com/products/mushr ... lamp-mango

It’s very cute, gives a nice light and you can move it about! Batteries, innit.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Both of those lamps are lovely, Rosy and Elya.