That’s excellent Heebie!
Edith Bacon

Re: Moving on Up/Out

Post by Edith Bacon »

Fantastic, Heebie!
Skips

Post by Skips »

That sounds excellent, Heebs, I hope it all works out for you.

I'm still temping. I turned a job down earlier in the year and I'm glad I did as it's been re-advertised twice now so there must be something going on there. I've been applying for pretty much anything that comes up but I'm not getting much response and what I have applied for I've not got. The whole Brexit thing is stressing me out and I'm unsure what to do anymore. With everything going on I'm starting to regret the move, perhaps we should have stayed in J's rented flat and had an amazing holiday with my house money.

Sorry TLDR and not really related to job hunting.
Leap
Glitz 'n' Glam

Post by Leap »

It’s so hard when things are uncertain, Skips. When I have thoughts like that though, I try to think about how I’d feel if I hadn’t taken the path I chose - there was a good reason you wanted to buy, and probably a good chance that if you hadn’t you would be worrying about that choice instead maybe? I hope you’re okay and something comes up in the new year.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Fantastic news Heebie
Heebie Jeebie

Post by Heebie Jeebie »

I could never feel comfortable using house sale money for a holiday, at least not until retirement. Sorry you're not getting much response, I have been there in the past and it's horrible. You do only need for it all to happen once to land a job but it can be hard to stay upbeat. Keep at it! Are you getting plenty of temping work?

I'm aiming to finish on Monday. It would have been today but I had too much work, ironically. My current director is investigating setting me up with their usual agency as he says he wants to be able to get me back quickly if anything comes up. I've said I would be open to the odd day here and there. It may come to nothing but it's nice to leave on a positive note.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I've been temping for the same place as the person I'm covering for is off on long term sick and the operation she needs keeps being pushed back so at least I have a steady income for now and I haven't had to jump around too much. It's just the knowledge that I'm only on one weeks' notice and I have to accrue holiday before I can take them (including for bank holidays). And I hate weekly pay, it effects our benefits as well as being a bugger to budget - our benefits are based on a four week period, so December I get paid 5 times over that four week period so we get less £££ for that month. But, my overall annual income is still the same and I'd rather get the benefits equally each month as it make it easier to work out how much we have coming in when.

BTW, I wouldn't really have gone on a great holiday, that is just a dream. :lol: