Holidays, Weekends, Travelling 2018

Cosmopolitan

Re: Holidays, Weekends, Travelling 2018

Post by Cosmopolitan »

You don't sound enthralled about your Easter plans WJ! But Bude will be absolutely lovely, it's so nice round there. There is a beautiful bay called Widemouth Bay where there is a stunning beach.

I can't wait for an actual paradise holiday, Mauritius looks amazing. Image
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

We only go there because it’s the public site next to my parent’s private site. So it’s nice to see them (and staying next door is preferable to staying with their dogs) but the site itself is horrible. I refuse to ever pay to camp there again, so have had to fork out for a caravan.

I am confident Bude will be fab, and the girls will stop moaning about not going to the IoW for the third year running. :lol:
Last edited by wendy james on Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Ah, yes, that's all an annoying state of affairs!

They will love it! It's such a nice part of the world.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I've just been reminded we needed at least one new suitcase. Why do they cost an actual fortune? :firstworldproblems:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Cos your holiday plans sound fantastic. My sister and my parents have both been to Mauritius and they all really loved it.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Mauritius looks lovely.

We’ve booked for a repeat of last year’s holiday to Playa de Palma, I’m hoping it will be just as relaxing and warming.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

I love Bude, Wendy. We had a brilliant week camping there a few years ago. I’d love to hear about Mauritius, Cos, we’ve thought about there too.

We’ve booked a long weekend in Venice at the end of Feb (for my 40th, gulp) and 12 nights in Crete for June. On Monday we plan to book 10 days in Gambia for March (Mr A wants to do a fishing competition there, so I’ll do lots of chilling and reading). And we have a weekend in London in October to see ELO at the O2.

We’re still planning September (contenders are Corfu, Portugal and Cyprus), and Christmas (contenders Sri lanka, Bali and Thailand). But we’ll see about those.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Ooh you'll have to let me know all about Venice Ashley as I'm going with my mum in late March.

Nothing else planned yet.
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

smalex wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:08 pm Cos your holiday plans sound fantastic. My sister and my parents have both been to Mauritius and they all really loved it.
I don't know, but if you are doing regular air travel then I think cheap cases are a false economy. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :look:

Seriously though, my last Samsonite lasted 12 years (and I could probably get new wheels if I wanted or had to), and my massive one (used a lot less) for five years.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Will do Dizzy! I’ve always wanted to go so I can’t wait.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Corfu is lovely first two weeks of September Ashley, but the weather turns after that - it’s no good for late summer sun anyway we found.

If our house move falls through then I’m going to persuade Mr C that we need to go to Thailand to drown our sorrows.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

The Matalan suitcases are really good.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Thanks Chicky - if we do go to Corfu it would definitely be in the early part. I’m a massive sun-lover.

I bought a new sky-blue hand-luggage size Tripp case in the Jan sales; I love it.
Ella77

Post by Ella77 »

Oh, Corfu sounds really nice now too.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

I’ve only been to Corfu Town itself for a couple of nights on the way to Paxos, but I loved it and would like to explore more of the island. Greece is definitely my favourite European country.
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

Also, Ella, have you seen Rick Stein’s latest food programme where he’s travelling through Mexico? It’s made me really keen to go. He’s in Baja California for one of the episodes and it looks brilliant.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

I bought my large suitcase in Matalan over 10 years ago and it's still going strong. I think it was about £40 and it's been on 3ish holidays a year plus work travel. I just bought it as an emergency stop gap and am amazed at how long it's lasted.

Some lovely holidays planned, Mauritius looks amazing.

I've got a weekend in London coming up in March to see my brother which will be ace.

We are going to Ibiza in June for a week and then possibly away too in August but not sure where yet. A has three weeks off and I will go back to work in September so it'd be nice to have a break away just before then.

We also want to go away in Norman if the weather is nice as he is finished now. There's a few camper/food festivals close by so we might try one of those.
absley

Post by absley »

AshleyX wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:06 am Also, Ella, have you seen Rick Stein’s latest food programme where he’s travelling through Mexico? It’s made me really keen to go. He’s in Baja California for one of the episodes and it looks brilliant.
I watched that and now have Mexico firmly on my list of possible for Xmas. Along with Sri Lanka as someone I follow on instagram has been posting the most amazing pictures.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Fantastic holidays planned.

My job situation needs to be sorted before I book anything but I'm thinking of Amsterdam in the autumn so I can do a bit of sightseeing and the marathon.

The only thing I have booked at the moment is Manchester in May for Mini's 21st.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
AshleyX

Post by AshleyX »

absley wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:32 pm
AshleyX wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:06 am Also, Ella, have you seen Rick Stein’s latest food programme where he’s travelling through Mexico? It’s made me really keen to go. He’s in Baja California for one of the episodes and it looks brilliant.
I watched that and now have Mexico firmly on my list of possible for Xmas. Along with Sri Lanka as someone I follow on instagram has been posting the most amazing pictures.
Sri Lanka is my no.1 choice at the moment - it just looks breath-taking - and so many interesting things to do and see. That Rick Stein programme is really opening my eyes - I was always a bit put off going to Mexico as I thought it wasn't particularly safe beyond the resorts (and I can't stand big resorts). But it looks absolutely fine to travel about and see Mexico properly.