Geocaching

Incorporating hobbies, computer games, Verm's Interesting Links and anything else you can think of excluding football and other spectator sports because these belong in the Sport section, but allowing sports you play yourself with your own body as that counts as a pastime.
Flora Poste

Re: Geocaching

Post by Flora Poste »

Cerise wrote:
Flora, there are some in CP park that I found a long time ago. Made a nice walk.
Strangely enough, that is exactly where we were yesterday when I thought about it and was discussing it with Mr P :lol:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

How sneaky is this??
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Very! Does it slide back into the main post?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Yes, it's completely invisible until you pull the sign out.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

That's brilliant. I would never find that. I hope it had an obvious clue. I hate it when you decrypt the clue and it's something cryptic, written in verse.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

There wasn't a hint but previous logs warned it was sneaky.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

You are good, Tex.

I like it when people put a photo on their logs of the exact spot. :lol: I tend to but I do at least give the photo a *SPOILER* tag so I don't ruin anyone's day.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I'm not really. I have a nemesis cache in a disused quarry, It's a 2 stage puzzle and I've been looking for this stage for months. I've just found out it was in the first place I looked and I just didn't see it.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I like spoiler photos for when I have the boys with me, sometimes you just need to get it over with.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Yes, mostly with the kids it's just exercise and getting out of the house.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Cerise wrote:Yes, mostly with the kids it's just exercise and getting out of the house.
...and constant moaning.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I've just stalked Ruby's cache, it's definitely a history teacher's listing :lol:
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I fucking know! :mog: It's because it's in a completely uninteresting place, so I felt the need to bump up the content. I am excited that it's 'live' now though. I've had to stop myself watching it out of the window.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I can picture you dashing out and tapping some unsuspecting cacher on the shoulder, "that's mine y'know!"
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

BTW I saw you mention you're going to WSM, this trail is supposed to be brilliant for kids http://www.geocaching.com/geocache/GC51 ... ate-path-1

We've not done it yet, perhaps you could report back? :))
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

The travel bug that we released is now in Bulgaria.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

That's good going. Mine's made it all the way to just outside Portsmouth.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

I was SURE I had replied to this thread recently. I typed it out and everything.

ANYWAY I have put those caches into an offline list, Tex, and we're going to give them a go tomorrow morning. They look amazing. With puzzle caches, can you input the coordinates you find into the Android App, does anyone know?

Also! Someone has visited my cache! And they seem almost as excited that they are the FTF as I am that someone has found it.

Now I just need someone to pick up my travel bug.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That's brilliant, ruby.

My nephew took us to a cache this morning. It was so fiendishly hidden, in the top of a short road sign. You'd never know it was there unless you were being led to it or cheating.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Ruby wrote:I was SURE I had replied to this thread recently. I typed it out and everything.

ANYWAY I have put those caches into an offline list, Tex, and we're going to give them a go tomorrow morning. They look amazing. With puzzle caches, can you input the coordinates you find into the Android App, does anyone know?

Also! Someone has visited my cache! And they seem almost as excited that they are the FTF as I am that someone has found it.

Now I just need someone to pick up my travel bug.
You can, I think it works more or less the same as an iPhone. When you select navigate to cache make sure you're in map rather than compass view and tap the 3 dots, you should get the option to add waypoint. If it's a solve at home puzzle you can put corrected coordinates in on the website and when you save offline on the app it should automatically save both corrected and original.

ETA I have your cache on my watch list, I just got the found log :weewee: Two of mine still haven't been found after 2 months, the puzzles are apparently harder than I thought.