Just Do It January

Lily
Picker-Lily

Re: Just Do It January

Post by Lily »

Dog walking in itself is a pretty good exercise as your Fitbit says! It's not a bad idea to have a couple of days off.

Workout this evening; a hard one. Iz starts her new job in London the same day I start my new job :goat: We do seem to be synchronised! I am really hoping we can make her twice-monthly visits home work. I'm going to miss her so much. :cry:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I went to the gym at my office for the first time last night. The first time to the gym since August. I miss my old gym in Brussels- the equipment here was really crap :cry:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I just did my first LMOD class. I was trying to get Squeak involved but she hates the breathing, apparently. Plus her warrior is shocking. :))

I’ve been having to go to a different yoga class because of MrMcLip’s hours, which is annoying because it’s not as much of a workout, but it’s still nice for relaxing and resetting. I’m booked in again for Monday.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

How is everyone getting on? I did another two 10ks last week which were good. I am just doing trail this week in the morning so I did that this morning and will do it Friday, alongside the baby exercise/torture class which I did yesterday morning and my stomach is a bit sore now, it's really hard :lol:

My PT is going on holiday middle of next week for 10 days so I'm only going to get the opportunity for a 10k on Monday and then I'll have to try and squeeze in a longer run on the Thursday before the 10 mile race I'm doing on the 24th. That seems to be coming round super quick :uhh:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I ran on Sunday for the first time since Jan 1st. Good news is that I hadn't forgotten how to run and I REALLY enjoyed it, bad news is my heel flared up again. It'll be fine for the 10k I am doing this Sunday but the podiatrist I saw on Friday, who was a bit rubbish TBH, reckons resting for THREE (3) months is on the cards :cry: I am going to self refer to a NHS podiatrist to see what they say, if anything. I may need orthotics and I can't really afford to pay privately for them.

ANYWAY... I am still swimming twice a week and I've upped my gym sessions to include more strength and stretching and I'm doing a 30 day programme on Kinetic Revolution which should also help.

More good news is that although I have put a bit of weight on, my body fat % has decreased and my muscle mass has increased - hurrah!

You are doing well with your running Pov!

You did ask :lol:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I’ve been plodding on. I’m averaging 3 work outs a week which is a bit rubbish (2 weights sessions and 1 run) but I’ll be trying to get this back up to 5 sessions a week.

I’m off work this week for the monsters starting school and had big plans for a 10km run today which were scuppered by a phone call and I had to head home 2.5km in to sort something at home. Oh well. There’s always tomorrow! I’ve got a 10km home planned on Friday. I’m making the most of my time off.

February sees the start of my 6 week count down to my holiday so there’ll be some serious effort going in next month!
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

That’s great news re. muscle mass, Brambs. How do you check that? Do you have magic fancy scales?

I’m sorry about your foot though, that is rubbish - what will you do Sunday? Strap it up massively?

Hope you manage to get your longer run in today, Scooter, what kind of temperature is it there at the moment?
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I have managed to do like two runs this month. My running goals have totally been neglected. But I had a chat with a friend today about it and I’m going to man TFU about the heat and just get it done. First run is planned after school drop off on Friday. I’m not Scoots but today was 36 degs and 70% humidity.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

It was cold here today! 19 degrees which was a big change from the 41 we had at the weekend. I’ll run in anything upto 35ish and just take it slowly.

My run this morning ended up a 5km but I might pop out tomorrow and see how far I can get. This school stuff is weird. I don’t really know how to fill my time :lol:
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Princess Morripov wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:59 am That’s great news re. muscle mass, Brambs. How do you check that? Do you have magic fancy scales?

I’m sorry about your foot though, that is rubbish - what will you do Sunday? Strap it up massively?

Hope you manage to get your longer run in today, Scooter, what kind of temperature is it there at the moment?
The gym has a Tanita scale thingywhat. I am going to buy blister plasters to use as a padding and then strap it and hope for the best.

19 degrees is a nice warm temperature to run in :))
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Everyone is getting on great.

My Jan has been rubbish due to the flu and my chesty cough that won't die.

I've only managed a couple of yoga classes, couple of sessions on my bike (still haven't sorted out the seat) and I've ran five times, one was a race and it was awful.

I'm hoping for a better Feb. :))
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’ve done pretty well, swimming had been slightly useless due to my friend's husband being away a lot midweek, but I forced myself out on my own tonight. I’m not much further forward with swimming like an actual grown up but it’s still a goal.

I’ve been trying out a new later yoga class on the odd Monday, but it’s not much of a work out. I will go when I can’t make my regular class though.

I tried out LMOD Body Balance and quite liked it.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Good progress, Pov! And well done on getting back running bramble. I hope you can get some good advice/treatment for your heel.

I am doing pretty poorly :lol: I haven't been back to Crossfit once yet. I am pissed off with the programming though as something has changed. They are doing all the stuff I hate every day (when it used to pop up a coupe of times a week) which is a huge disincentive to me wanting to dip my toe back in. It's all box jumps (HATE), games standard burpees, box jump fucking burpees, pull ups (still don't have them) and hardly any weights/barbell skill work. You've got to feel as though you can at least get through a workout and a the moment it just makes me want to cry. If it keeps going like this then I might suspend my membership as it's a lot of money for nothing.

All I've really managed is a couple of runs a week, I got up to 5 miles the other week, which is the furthest I've been in a while, and am trying to do functional work on the treadmill for shorter period, like sprint intervals, inclines, race pace. I'm also trying to fit in at least one hot yoga class a week. I have a yin class planned tomorrow evening which I think means I just get to lie down for 90 minutes. Perfect :))

February needs to be better!
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Oh you reminded me about LMoD, Pip! I am DESPERATE to find a way to use it for Body Attack classes, but I can't work out how to get it on a telly in the gym. How much is it? Have you subscribed?

I could probably manage Body Balance in my flat actually, but not Attack.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

It's because of the Open starting in a few weeks Epp, they want to make sure everyone is ready for it. We're also suddenly doing a bunch of stuff we don't usually do. I'm struggling as well,especially as I've been 4 or 5 times a week.

Hit a strict overhead press pb last night though. 30kgs. I do keep working out with people who are 10 to 15 years younger than me though and it's quite discouraging when they just do difficult stuff so easily.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Epponnee Rae wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:36 am Oh you reminded me about LMoD, Pip! I am DESPERATE to find a way to use it for Body Attack classes, but I can't work out how to get it on a telly in the gym. How much is it? Have you subscribed?

I could probably manage Body Balance in my flat actually, but not Attack.
Someone wonderful has shared their log in with me, but I am considering purchasing myself. There’s a free ten day trial, and it’s £10 a month here. I’ve done it in the living room.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I’ve started running again last week after an almost year long break. I’m sticking to treadmill for the moment and my knee is holding up ok.

I’m a bit annoyed at having this fucking cold as it’ll knock me off course. I’m trying to be sensible with my knee but I’m at just over a 30 min 5k so would like to hit that soon.