Jump & Shout in June

bramblerose

Re: Jump & Shout in June

Post by bramblerose »

50 mile bike ride on Sunday, nothing (surprisingly!) on Monday. 50 lengths in the pool this morning, I'll be doing RPM later along with some arm stuff in the gym... maybe.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Enjoy seeing Iz, Lily!

50 miles, Bramble!?

Cardio kickboxing circuits at lunch. For some reason he decided that minute long rounds of push-ups and jump squats were a good idea :mog:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I went back to spin tonight for the first time in weeks. It was really hard, and also a bit boring, all he did was alternate sprints and hills. I much prefer it when they mix it up a bit. Still, at least it wasn't CrotchGuy :smallmercies:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

I never come in here as I'm a lazy sloth but I've just been to yoga in the park and it was so very lovely I had to share.

I'm also hoping to get more confident on my bike now I live in a slightly less urban area so hope to be here more.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yoga in the park sounds lovely.

5.5 mile walk, which is not really spin or kickboxing. :)) But it was pleasing, 4 parks, lots of hills, some nice dogs and birds.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Thanks Geek, I am SO EXCITED! We are having a measure-in and weigh-in, a gym session, then brunch.

I did yoga tonight - not in the park, but it was nice. I actually went totally out of my head for a few moments, which is very rare. Moments of not thinking at all, and utter peace. The only thing is as soon as I become aware of that peace I then start thinking "Peace! Peace!" and try to concentrate on getting that back, which then disrupts me. :lg:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I did Nody Bombag #73 tonight, just the express version but I missed that graduate to the full length.
happyhighlandcoo

Post by happyhighlandcoo »

Park walk with hills, dogs and birds sounds so lovely for a Tuesday evening. Lily, your out of mind experience sounds great, hope you can get another similar one soon.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

I am jealous of all the yoga and peace :spoon:

We had a mostly trail club run tonight. 5.7 miles with some horrible hills :emme:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Tonight two of us have decided to split away from the rest of the runners and try to do our normal 4 mile course in under 38 minutes.

It's not massive in the grand scale of running and we shall probably fail badly, but if we don't it will a pretty decent mark of our improvements in what is still under two months of doing this.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

That out of mind feeling is great, isn't it? But so fleeting.

Lifting bootcamp today. I have improved and my weights are going up; 60kg squats and 50kg deadlifts which is still a bit piddly compared to what I used to lift, but is heading in the right direction at least. I'm hurting now though and my upper body is pretty much dead :cry:
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

The problem is, you become aware of being out of your mind, and then you try the rest of the session to get back to that space. But it is incredible once it happens.

We're all doing brilliantly! :perky: Pain is weakness leaving the body! :drill:
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Record was nowhere near beaten but it was very hot and we both agreed that we kept more back than we should have done but still went under 40 minutes so am happy with that. I might actually plot a longer route, maybe six miles for Sunday just to see how I get on.

We seem to have split away from the main village group now who did stop showing up so I'm trying to talk my running mate into going with me on Friday too so that we don't start running at different levels.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

You’re doing really well! It’s a shame to leave the group behind altogether though Alan.

I made it to Touch and did well. I do need not to drink anything post lunchtime on a Wednesday. :pelvicfloor;
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I know, but if they aren't showing up then there isn't much that I can do. The one on Friday's is much more organised and less likely to be affected by outside influences, if indeed that is what has happened, or even if it hasn't.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Kickboxing again at lunch. Bear crawls and more press ups :cry: :cry:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Bear crawls are just the worst thing ever invented.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

5k this morning took 10s longer than last week, but as I had to wait to cross a couple of roads I’m pretty pleased with that. I feel good, though literally pouring with sweat. I need to wait ten minutes before I can have a shower.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

That sounds like it was a good workout.

I'm upping my game next week, I've decided. I'm going out tonight for another trail run, then I will do my usual on Wednesday and there is also a group that goes out on a Thursday which I want to start with and finish it up with another trail run next Friday.

Its' going to hurt. :))
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Well I did it. :perky: 7.3 miles of trail running non stop. It really fucking hurts. :))

I got a lift back from there with the old guy that WJ was talking about and he thinks I could smash a 10k if I've coped with tonight which was really good to hear, especially coming from somebody with such experience.

But more importantly, he is in training for a world record attempt next year where he has to run 100 miles four times in four days with no sleep. For the 48 hours after the event he's not allowed to sleep for more than two hours, with an hour and half running in between or he risks major organ failure. He is confident that if he stays injury free he can do it, he was describing how you get to survive tripping out through sleep depravation as you're running and all sorts. He definitely has tales to tell.

He's up against an American this time around who has all the sponsorship, physios and dietitians in the world and this poor old boy is working 60 hours a week to fund himself. He most certainly has a screw loose, and he certainly doesn't like Americans, but what a lovely fella.