Weight Loss 2020

Lola

Re: Weight Loss 2020

Post by Lola »

It must have had a lot of salt in it. It bloats you up.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

You're both right, it must be sodium. I lost another pound overnight.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Could it be hormonal too? I swear the fluctuations have become more pronounced for me since I stopped hormonal contraceptives and went back to my normal cycle.
I really need to get a grip of my eating. I ought to be laughing with all the running but I'm not. I'm having a hard word with myself
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I am doing virtually no exercise at all, and that includes just walking anywhere, as I can't breathe. That and the thyroid thing are conspiring to put weight on, and I'm so sick of it.

I have an ECG in three weeks, so I'm hoping that some sort of treatment will follow, and I can start getting back on an even keel. I'm not exactly dieting now, but I'm not eating between meals, no chocolate (:cry:) or other good things, but it's not helping at all. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't all come on around the tummy region. I'm not tall enough to carry weight there.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

It could be. I'm all over the place somewhere between perimenopausal and menopausal. I would think running would allow one to have mostly whatever you want. I'm not a runner, obviously!
smalex

Post by smalex »

Its ridiculously easy to eat your running calories, alas!
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I hope they find some answers with the ECG, Morgs. The breathing difficulty must be stressful.
My osteoarthritis is making me too sedentary and my love of red wine isn't helping. I don't have much, but the calories and carbs add up quickly.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

They do if you can't do anything to burn them off - I sympathise. It's bad enough having a medical condition without it meaning that you can't have your treat of choice :verm:.

I know I keep recommending it, but this ointment is really good for painful joints. It won't help you to lose weight, but it does take some of the pain away.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Morganna wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:53 pm They do if you can't do anything to burn them off - I sympathise. It's bad enough having a medical condition without it meaning that you can't have your treat of choice :verm:.

I know I keep recommending it, but this ointment is really good for painful joints. It won't help you to lose weight, but it does take some of the pain away.
Thank you!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I am still chipping away at this, and starting to feel some clothes a bit looser. Nowhere near dropping a size but still helps. I am struggling a bit with it today though, I feel pretty hungry for some reason, I think it's hormonal :verm: I also had hummus for lunch and it is pretty high in calories so that annoyed me.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

I’m wavering today. I think it’s hormonal for me too (inasmuch as I’ve got any hormones left still!). Thankfully (?) I’ve just been experiencing heartburn from the sample chocolate caramel bunny that was pressed on me in Hotel Chocolat about an hour ago, so I’m less inclined to eat the world just now.
smalex

Post by smalex »

I really put my energy and frustration into being very strict last week and did really well. I think I'm down 2-3lbs. Given I had brunch and two dinners out and cant exercise much I was particularly pleased, it is a stark reminder that I cock around too much usually though, giving myself excuses and or losing and regaining the same 2lbs repeatedly. I could even smell ketones in my urine which I always find quite motivating.
I need to lose 8lbs more, with a further 4lbs to take me to my ultimate, never quite attained target. I'm really going to try.
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

Well done, Smal!
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

My aim in Feb was to stabilise what I am eating by avoiding poor food choices, adding more fruit/veg and managing potions. I've still had treats/take outs etc but aimed to only have this at the weekend. I feel alot better about myself and more in control.
My target in March is to keep this up and include more cardio in my excercise routine.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I have got to jump back on this after another pregnancy comment yesterday. My natural body shape is it goes straight to my stomach- my legs stay thin and shapely but everything goes to my tummy.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

Hazey_Jane wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:03 pm I have got to jump back on this after another pregnancy comment yesterday. My natural body shape is it goes straight to my stomach- my legs stay thin and shapely but everything goes to my tummy.
I empathise here. I was once described as an olive on two cocktail sticks. :lol:
smalex

Post by smalex »

You always want what you don't have, I've always envied people who have great legs come what may! Even when I was about 8 stone, my thighs still weren't what you might describe as slender
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

After three weeks at the same weight, I've finally lost another pound. That's nine in total. Just another fifteen to go. :fish:
smalex

Post by smalex »

Nine is great Tsu! It's so annoying when you plateau though.

I lost another lb last week. Feels a bit rubbish compared to 3lbs the week before but I'm telling myself I should be looking at the overall trend!
smalex

Post by smalex »

Has everyone given up? (I couldn't blame you!) I've just about lost another lb, it only disappeared today though. I've stuck to it SO doggedly so I'm a bit miffed it hasn't dropped off a bit more easily. Still, 4lbs in just over 3 weeks, it's ok.