Jump & Shout in June

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: Jump & Shout in June

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m in simulcast mode here, but I’ve just done my first run since last year, possibly even the one before (we can’t count parkrun on 30/12/17 because I carried Chunk for most of it) and I feel great. Just over 5k in 37:42 which I don’t think is bad at all. I think the fact that my fitness is better now than when I was running before helped me not to stop and walk too often.

I feel good, so I’ll definitely do it again.

I think I’ll do a Body Balance video later (all Friday classes at the leisure centre are cancelled at the moment).
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That's great Pip. After that sort of gap I'm back to square one, not doing 37 minute 5Ks.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Well I did it and it was a piece of piss. :perky:

They went slowly that's for sure, and stopped at every stile or junction so that everyone could catch up, normally there will be a fast group and a slower group so I'd guess the fast group don't stop, basically but I think over a short route like tonight I could keep up with them.

It's also easy to forget what an absolutely beautiful part of the world I moved to as well. This was one route around Bishop Sutton, a place I've driven through more times than I know and always thought it nice, but when you get into the lanes and the fields up to the lake it's utterly breathtaking. That's just one village out of thousands here, I must remember that when I'm doubting why I'm still down here.

So I'll go again next week and probably get the shit kicked out of me by a half marathon all uphill or something. :))
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Still jealous, you twat.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I told them that I am the king of the Clan in this manor. :cool:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That's brilliant. I absolutely love getting out into the wild (ish, an A road is never far) even here and it hugely pales in comparison to where you are. Big countryside makes me want to run and run and the rest of life stops mattering as much.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

My legs look like the Singing Detective's moosh, which was the only downside.

They do this in the winter with head torches on which both scares me and slightly intrigues me.

One lunatic who must be sixty led the run tonight as a warm up for the fifty miles he's going to do at 5am tomorrow. Utter lunacy.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

John? He’s the chap who was doing the world record attempt recently (if you saw it). He held the world record for most miles run in a week at one point.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

He sounds excellent. I love an elderly eccentric.

The whole concept of ultras hugely appeals to me, even though in practice I can barely make a circuit of the park without crying.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

It wasn't John, it was his running mate. I met John at the first meet up point though, he had spent the early evening eating rice pudding, pork pies and cheese and was on his way to pick up takeaway pizza. :mog:

I had no idea that such a normal 60ish looking guy would have been that sort of ridiculous record holder though. Crikey.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Mountain Goat wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:45 pm

The whole concept of ultras hugely appeals to me, even though in practice I can barely make a circuit of the park without crying.
I guess that if I one day want to be able to jog across somewhere like Scotland then these old boys are probably the best people to learn from.

Light years away though.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Topcat wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:03 pm
They do this in the winter with head torches on which both scares me and slightly intrigues me.
I have done this sort of thing before, it's utterly brilliant :wistful:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m so glad you’ve found yourself a little running gang, Alan.

My legs are still utterly killing me from running yesterday. I’m basically crippled right now. I think today is going to have to be a rest day just because of that, and because I’m mental busy with other shit.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Well done on your run, Pip. The first one after a long break is always painful but I sort of like the feeling.

It’s good to see how much you’re getting into running too, Twatters.

I’m properly missing it due to the school holidays but I’m planning to run when I get back to London as I’ll be staying with my folks so they can watch the boys.

I’m still going with Shred L3 but today is a rest day as 1) I’m a bit hungover 2) I need a rest day. My legs were so heavy and sore by the end of the work out yesterday.
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Glad it went well, TC, and that you enjoyed it.

I forgot to post on Wednesday (an hour's coached weightlifting and an introduction to power lifting). Today's was an hour of weights and ninety minutes of Pilates, where they tortured me :cry: I came home after that, ate lunch and slept the sleep of the exhausted :))
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Muay Thai bootcamp. Today was defence. I am so shit :mog:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I bet you’re not.

I couldn’t make it to Yoga so I did one of my favourite Body Balance routines in the kitchen instead.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

L3 shred again today. I’m packing my mat to take with me and will see if I can borrow some light weights so I can carry on when I’m back home.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I think I've missed a few days but of what I can remember: 13 mile hike on Sunday, 3.5 mile "run" yesterday (hot, windy, tired legs, GPS failed so there was no point in not cheating :)) )

36 miles last week (most of it walking).
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Gym last night - a new workout. It was HARD. I am seeing Iz this week - first time since January - and I am ridiculously excited about it.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored