Jump & Shout in June

mojojojo

Re: Jump & Shout in June

Post by mojojojo »

That’s great, TC! (although you really should be careful not to be upping your mileage too much at once - it would be a bummer to hurt something while you’re doing so well). :granny:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Oh that was very much my limit, I wouldn't want to go any further on a trail and neither could I realistically.

I learnt a lot tonight though from the old boy and also maybe about myself too. It's been a good night and they have been rather scarce in my world this year.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Topcat wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:10 pm Oh that was very much my limit
Not for long, the way you’re going!

It’s brilliant that you’re enjoying it so much.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

You know 10k is less than 7.3 miles, don't you :))

You are doing great. Running is good for the soul.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I was thinking that, Bramble! :))

My brother did a 10k race with zero experience and his ridiculous busted knee, but he had the arrogance of youth. I would never attempt one, though MrMcLip does them fairly regularly.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Yeah I know. :)) But I need to be able to do it regularly before I start entering stuff. If I keep it up then I'll get where I want to be though.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

New workout last night - a mechanical stability one. It felt easy-ish at the time but I'm aching like buggery today.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

My shoulders are killing from Pilates on Thursday evening so naturally I did a body combat express session to make it worse this morning. :))
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

That sounds like something I would do, Pip :))

90 minute Pilates studio class followed by an hour of heavy weights. No juice left in the tank now!
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

My new workout again - hard. [/trump]

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I actually think it worked, in a weird way. My shoulders feel looser.

What’s in your new workout, Lily?
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Half hearted L3 shred this morning as I feel so heavy and hungover. I dusted off some hand weights and a mat from my parents shed so at least I can stick to it whilst I’m away.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Well going out in that was a bad idea. :mog: I attempted the normal four mile circuit but in this heat and having done what I did on Friday I must have walked at least a quarter of it and died for the rest. :lol:

No more until Wednesday now, that should give me time to recover properly.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Count it as a recovery run :))

Having lectured about mileage earlier in the week, I managed 10 miles today, about 80% trail.

Went out nice and early though, so the heat wasn’t too crippling (just everything else!)
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

53km canal ride yesterday and a 38km road ride today.

Today's was quite easy despite the hills as it was a slower pace.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That's good that you can keep it up while you're there, Olive. I am still avoiding L2. :lol: It's difficult to get the telly with Mr G in the way. :look:

TC! That's amazing, and great. You are certainly in a good place for a 10K, I doubt being able to do a longer run on harder terrain is a one off. I love this old guy, and he's clearly nuts. I watched a documentary about an ultra a while back and now am trying and failing to remember what it was called, but it was unsurprisingly full of brilliant crazy.

I did a 13.1 mile hike yesterday, 4 mile run on Sat, 3 mile run on Fri, and can't remember what else since last time I posted, but probably a walk and a Shred. Yesterday's hike was so lovely, no-one was out because of the England game, I crossed the south circular without using a pedestrian crossing, which was almost creepy. It was basically just me and the odd Deliveroo bike. Beautiful weather, peace. When I got to the top of the highest point I sat on the grass and had my crisps and (it's an open space that has a cafe and you can drive there, so the busiest part) there was someone playing guitar which initially annoyed me but I ended up sitting there in the sun for a good while. Then I tripped over a tree root and turned my ankle. :lol: But it walked off quickly. Really nice day.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

We're all doing brilliantly! Well done TC! It's great to read of your progress.

Your walk sounds gorgeous Goat. If a bit 28 Days Later in some ways.
Pippedydeadeye wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:35 pm What’s in your new workout, Lily?
I've got 3 programmes - two are strength, etc. and the third is the mechanical/stabilisation one. They include things for arms, legs, squats using kettlebells, and ab work with bands and Swiss balls. A lot of them work on very small muscles - VMO (in my knee) for example. We had a measure in as well, and I've got greedy and put on a couple of pounds/inches, but hopefully these will be easy to shift. There are a lot of biscuits in this office!

geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Your walk sounds amazing, Goat! I love it when normally busy places are empty and a bit creepy.

Muay Thai bootcamp today. There was clinching. It was sweaty. I have some nifty bruises too.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

You're doing great TC.

I've not been sleeping due to the stress of job hunting so I went out a 7am this morning for a run, absolutely shattered but still went and did a slow 2 miles before I had to get ready for work. I also made the mistake of underestimating a Legs, Bums & Tums class which was absolutely horrendous but the upside is I'm getting stronger.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Mountain Goat wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:23 am That's good that you can keep it up while you're there, Olive. I am still avoiding L2. :lol: It's difficult to get the telly with Mr G in the way. :look:
I was pouring with sweat and my parents looked utterly bemused as at one point they both came into watch. :))

Your hike sounds awesome, Goat and I’m glad your ankle is ok.

You’re brilliantly with the running, TC. I haven’t even attempted it once in this weather and probably won’t either unless it cools down considerably.