Definitely not just phoning it in 2020

Texaco Shirley

Re: Definitely not just phoning it in 2020

Post by Texaco Shirley »

She’ll be fine once she gets going, she’s been running with us on a Thursday evening for the last few weeks. She seems to like running behind us rather than with us anyway, it’s a bit strange :lol: (and not just us, a mutual friend has noticed it when she’s run with her too).
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It's your fabulous Jillian toned glutes. :flirt:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Mountain Goat wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:13 pm It's your fabulous Jillian toned glutes. :flirt:
:mog:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Glad you're feeling better now, Goat.

I'm having a day off today.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Lovely day off. :love2: I'll do that tomorrow.

I have hit my 10,000 steps thanks to my vigorous mopping, and now have a cup of tea.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Killer abs level 2 is a bit of a step up although it does feel quite cardio heavy. My abs aren’t really complaining at the moment.

It’s quite confusing and there are 2 moves that I just don’t have the space for. 3 point burpees (mashup of normal burpees and plank moguls) and a weird rolling around on the floor manoeuvre. There were also a couple of WTF moments (reverse plank with knee thrusts, side plank raises with a leg raise) which I’m sure are designed to make you fall over rather than do anything to your abs :lol:
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Oh god! They sound horrible - the 3 point burpees sound hard and the others just sound really annoying, and like you spend the time trying to balance/manage your own limbs rather than actually doing anything helpful.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

The baby version tends to be just holding the reverse plank or whatever so if you only do that it’s not a total cop out :) Some of it was straightforward but hard to keep up with (superman, roll over, pike crunch, roll back, repeat :panic: )
Disco

Post by Disco »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:33 pm Some of it was straightforward but hard to keep up with (superman, roll over, pike crunch, roll back, repeat :panic: )

I've got these in HB though it starts pike crunch, roll over, superman, roll back, pike crunch. They annoy me because I have to roll onto the cold hard floor onto my stomach. :mad:
Disco

Post by Disco »

HB L1 done earlier today and I'm still really enjoying it :l:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I think I’m looking forward to HB but I remember when you told me I’d like NMTZ and it nearly killed me :mog:

I’m feeling KA L2 in my shoulders today (wide press ups followed by extended plank) but nothing really in my abs. Parkrun was hard going as my legs were aching a bit too but I got a decent PB.
Disco

Post by Disco »

:mog: Soz about that.

Well done on your PB!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Yes well done on that! You broke the magic 30 minute barrier, you are now a superstar.

Good weekend work, both of you. You are making me too excited about HB, Dics, and I fear it may end in heartbreak.

I had Saturday off and then walked 14 miles on Sunday, with ridiculous mud. I don't mind getting muddy/wet at all but it got to a point where it was just not fun, because my trainers were so muddy (in extended areas of ankle deep mud so nowhere to wipe them) that they no longer had any grip and I was having a really hard time just staying upright. There was also a hill that has some quite steep bits that were thick mud and I couldn't get any traction to get up it, I was grabbing onto brambles and other not sturdy things to try to make headway.

However I did see a fleetingly beautiful fogbow, and met a dog called Jasper who took a passionate interest in my cheese sandwich even though his owner said that he had only just eaten a small child's entire roast dinner. :lol:

I slept like the very devil.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Thanks both.

I saw your mud on FB, it looked pretty epic.

Jasper! :lol: was the small child upset?
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I have no idea, his owner just yelled this at him while apologising to me (unnecessarily, the attentions of a small excitable dog are always welcome). It wasn't clear whether the meal was donated or stolen, but I had the impression he was in trouble. :lol:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

:lol: My money’s on theft.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Mine too. :mrgreen:

Ripped L4, D4: definitely getting better all the time. Except the burpees/scissor jumps part can do one. You know it's bad when Jillian gives you a breather between repeats. And I did all the chattarungas* properly (by which I mean not on my knees as opposed to perfectly).

* I'm willing to bet I've spelt this differently every time I've written it.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Your walk sounds hideous. I have never heard of a fogbow but they look pretty!

I've done HB but unlike you it was not better/ I am not better at it today. Right knee and left wrist are a bit dicky today so I had to phone it in a little bit. I did the whole thing but press ups on knees, backwards crabs with kicking legs were not jumped merely stepped plus other easy options.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

That's just how some days go isn't it, well done for ploughing on regardless.

Off topic: DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT'S BACHELOR.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Exactly, and thanks. I still love it.

I DID! What a juvenile display of teen angst and drama! All he wanted to do was stick his peen in someone finally.