Just Do It January

Lily
Picker-Lily

Just Do It January

Post by Lily »

I am back to exercise with a vengeance after 2 months off - and my first yoga of 2018 was tonight. I'm so stiff! I weighed and have put on 4lbs over Christmas :twitch: but hopefully that is a combination of upping the exercise as well as unhealthy food. I lost a lot of weight post op; my weight pre-op was only about 2lbs under what I weigh now. Not that I should be caring too much what I wear anyway. :blah:

ANYWAY. It felt so good to be stretching and flexing and all that. I've really missed it. I would like to go to yoga twice a week if I can afford it.

Chart your exercise here!
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Estrella

Re: Just Do It January

Post by Estrella »

Hey Lily! I’m back with a vengeance too. Have been using Fitness Blender online as I got bored with my BBG program. I’m also getting back to running but that’s more difficult as it’s so hot and humid. Even if I get up super early it’s still high-20s and minimum 65% humidity so it’s unpleasant and hard going.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Yuck, that must be like be like running wearing a damp towel.

I'm having a small crisis as Iz - PT and nutritionist extraordinaire - is leaving to go to London next month. :( I am gutted, but she will be coming back regularly, and is keen to do sessions with me once a month or so, leaving me to work out on my own for the rest of the time. It won't be as great as seeing her every week, but hopefully I won't turn into the Michelin Man again. I will miss her dreadfully though; not only is she the best PT I've ever had, she's become a very special friend.

Estrella

Post by Estrella »

It’s revolting. I did a cool down run yesterday after a workout and my pace was so off.

Sorry Iz is moving. Could she do virtual sessions for you? And at least she is coming back regularly so you can see her :)
smalex

Post by smalex »

I'm back on it. Two runs so far in 2018. Both so sloooowwwww. I've signed up for Bristol 10k again- my favourite race- in May.

That's a shame Lils, meeting once a month seems like a decent compromise (and £ saver) though, specially if there are plans to follow in between perhaps?
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Yes, I'm hoping that that's going to work OK. My eating is definitely sorted for life, but I love exercising with her so much. Hopefully the monthly meet-ups will suffice and she's going to be a nutritional advisor for my SIL who wants to get back into shape post-baby, so she'll still be in the family! (And yes it will save on money!)

Well done for signing up to the 10k Smal. Plans for a lot of races this year?

smalex

Post by smalex »

Not really. I usually do 2 or 3. I like doing them but I can't be arsed to do loads really
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m seriously considering signing up for Les Mills On Demand. Body Balance was packed this morning. However, I am tight, so I’m looking for the workouts on YouTube first.

My goal is unchanged from the latter half of last year: 4 workouts per week - Yoga, swim, Pilates and B.B. with the occasional run/parkrun.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Definitely check out Fitness Blender then, Pip. I’m also too tight to pay for stuff and there are loads of free workouts on there. Plus you can save your favourites and plan them all out in a calendar.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

My goals are 4 workouts per week too. Plus I want to run at least one half marathon and a 10km race too.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Thanks!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I realised you’re looking for actual Body Balance. But have a look anyway, they’re good.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

My friend has started up as a rep for some kind of fitness programmes: https://drinkwaterjumparound.com/about/ She is looking for guinea pigs!

bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

January got off to a good start with a double parkrun yesterday (we'll gloss over the hobbling today :lol: )
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

I am back to work tomorrow and so back to a routine of healthy eating.

I plan on 10000 steps for tomorrow and every day after that which actually isn't difficult when I'm working. I will go to the gym on Thursday, first time since the middle of December. I want to buy a couple of 5k weights so that I can do a workout at home when I can't get to the gym.

I feel disgusting at the moment from the over-indulgence but not as panicky as it usually makes me feel as I got into a good routine last year which was working and so I will get back to that.

Thanks for starting this thread, Lily. I need the motivation.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It looks really good though, Est. I just need to get through Jan and until people drop off again.
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

I'm not really changing anything, crossfit 3 or 4 times a week and 1 personal training session a week. This is the longest I've ever been consistently exercising for for years. It shows, I've finally cracked the 100kg deadlift and am squatting over 70kgs now.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Good work Cos!

My training plan won't change much either. Depending on the heel/ankle, I'll be swimming two mornings a week, gym two evenings, running two or three times and maybe a boxing class once a week and a long cycle every other Sunday.

I'm booked in at the podiatrist later in the month to see if they can do anything about my heel which will determine whether any, all or some of the above happens. I also need to amend my eating as I'm still eating as though I am training hard and I'm not at the moment :look:
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I’m in. I’m off to Bali in March and need to do some serious toning to look good in a bikini :uhh:

I started BBG again yesterday and am hoping to spin out for a run today. It’s 24 degrees and I’ll run in up to 32 so will be ok if I can fit it in around work.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Bali! :love:

That sounds good Cos. 70kg is impressive!

Gym again this evening. My knees are protesting but I'm hoping it's just because they are feeling lazy.