Just Do It January

Cosmopolitan

Re: Just Do It January

Post by Cosmopolitan »

Yeah, I constantly have sore hands and calluses on them and sore muscles. And I am constantly washing gym wear. It's good though, I feel good. Just gotta lose some weight to go with the gainz.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I'm in.

I haven't been running due to lurgy but I've been trying to get my bum bike ready with the turbo trainer Mr D bought me for xmas. I'm finding it tough going though as all the advice I've read is not to buy a gel seat or wear shorts as you won't build up a resistance.

I've also signed up for a weekly yoga class which starts on Tuesday and signed up for this free program online http://yogawithadriene.com/true-30-day-yoga-journey/
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Bugger that advice Duo! If you are looking to ride for longer distances, get a comfy seat and some padded shorts/tights! Also, make sure your seat fits by measuring your sit bones. The seat I had on my new bike crippled me so measured, found out it was too small, got a new comfier seat and it's a pleasure to ride now.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Thanks Brambs I'm only able to bear it for 10/15mins at a time.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

This is the video I watched to measure my sit bones

https://www.artscyclery.com/learningcen ... width.html

Honestly, if you can't manage more than 10 or 15 minutes on a turbo trainer before your arse is sore then the seat isn't right. If you get the right seat, it will be so much better.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I’ve had to take a few days off (I was advised not to exercise for 48hrs after my Botox so as to avoid sweating it all out) but will workout today, then have a few days off again as we are away camping. I’ve also set up a training plan for a half marathon so I’ll see how that goes.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Pilates was good tonight, I’m sad I can’t do that class every single week. If I could guarantee I could always get there and have a pot every week I’d be in like a shot.
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I’ve downloaded the sweat (BBG) app for $1 for 12 weeks. So far I’m 2 workouts in and will see about doing the 3rd workout for full body tomorrow, but it’s going to be 40 degrees so it’ll have to wait until later on. I’ve been out for one run too, but I’m mainlining cans of pop in lieu of wine. I really need to wind that back!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I did a cardio workout this afternoon. That will be me until Monday now.
smalex

Post by smalex »

Ran 3miles Tues and Weds, another today. Going to try and do a longer one over the weekend.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Great starts everyone!

I've been on one 5k run since NYD and will try to do one this morning before I leave.

When I'm back in the States my plan is to get back to Crossfit three times a week (dreading the first week!), a yoga class at least once, and to run twice a week. I've said elsewhere that a friend is signed up for a half marathon at the end of April, so so I want to run with doing that in mind, slow build. I'm also back at choir every Tuesday evening from next week, and will need to fit in singing lessons and practice, also inevitably in the evenings, so between that and exercising consistently I'm up against it in terms of hours in the day and days in the week. I need to cancel my social life.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Estrella wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:31 pm I’ve had to take a few days off (I was advised not to exercise for 48hrs after my Botox so as to avoid sweating it all out) but will workout today, then have a few days off again as we are away camping. I’ve also set up a training plan for a half marathon so I’ll see how that goes.
I'm imagining it dripping all down your face. :bob:

Workout again last night. It's SO GOOD to be back! And Iz has given me a free PT session for Christmas so I have that on Thursday. I've been told not to weigh for the first few weeks of getting back to the gym as my weight will be all over the place.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Workout on Monday - I can see my arms have comeback, YAAY! - and yoga tonight.

Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Thanks Brambs I'll have a look at that later this week.

Yoga class done, it was hard but not unbelievably so. Mr D did it with me and we feel all tall and bendy. :))
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

I need to get back to yoga. That bendy relaxed feeling is lovely :love2:

So far this week I’ve done leg day and 2runs: one 15mins as 12kmh on the treadmill and 5km outside today.

Tomorrow is upper body and abs and hopefully another run on Friday.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Right, I am back on it now as I really want to do a half-marathon in April, and it's really not that far away :lol: plus I can only get out running at night every other week due to A's shifts.

I haven't really done much running to be honest, as the trail training that I go to twice a week is very stop-start with lots of core/strength training so we probably only do 3-5km at a time. There is a running club in the evening Monday and Thursday but it is at 8pm and it's a bit late for me :granny: but I decided from January I'd have to start going if I've got any chance of building up my distance.

So this week I did baby exercise class on Monday (that is quite hard as we use the baby as a weight and my arm strength is rubbish :lol: ), I went to the run club on Monday night (I had been up since 3am :thankyouinsomnia: so I really struggled motivating myself for that) but I managed to do 10k which I was really, really pleased with as the furthest I've ever run before was 5k, so I think it shows how all the other strength training builds up your fitness without you realising.

I did trail yesterday morning with Tupac in the pram :lol: and I will go running tomorrow night and trail again Friday morning with T. It all sounds a bit excessive :lol: but I can't really do anything next week because of A will be at work until 9pm, so it's going to be one week on/one week off really.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Bloody hell Pov, run club after being awake so long! That's impressive!

PT this evening.

Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

It's a miracle I did not die :lol:

Just did 10.2km :)) I went with the faster group so I will definitely not be able to walk tomorrow. The benefits of doing it in the dark means you cannot see the hills coming :lol:
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

I do miss running, particularly when it's a cold crisp night - or even in the fog. I miss the spooky feeling of just being the only person in the world, and feeling the cold air in your lungs, and stuff.

TracyA

Post by TracyA »

I’m back in the swing of exercise. Apart from my 2 30min dog walks ( mad spaniel means that the 10mins or so he is his lead often register as a workout on my Fitbit ) most days I d

Monday a fairly high impact 50 min Zumba class followed by a 30 min Zumba toning class
Tues Salsa lessons, followed by salsa dancing ( if anyone asks me )!
Wed. 40 min racquetball , I’m contemplating preceding this with a Zumba class some weeks depending on the time I get a court.
Friday. 50 minute Zumba class

I need to find something to do on a weekend , I havent checked out new classes at my gym yet but there may be some I could do,

I’ve got LMOD and really like it but the times I used to do it are usually taken up with dog walking these days.