Sports Events 2018

Duophonic

Sports Events 2018

Post by Duophonic »

Imaginative title there!

Again kicking this off as my first race of the year is at the end of Jan. Hopefully I don't get lost this time :mog:

28 Jan - Scottish Vet Relays (3.6m) - Duo
3 Feb - National XC championships 6km - Duo
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Estrella

Re: Sports Events 2018

Post by Estrella »

I’ve committed to on, but it’s ages away...

5 Aug - Brisbane Half Marathon - Estrella
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

:bob:

4 Mar - Chester 10k - Pov
29 April - Chester Half Marathon - Pov

The half marathon is a little tentative dependant on how much training I can get in but I’m starting tonight and also I think if I write it down I’ll look a twat if I don’t do it :lol: :motivating:
smalex

Post by smalex »

:lol: Pov.

4 Mar - Chester 10k - Pov
13 May- Bristol 10k- Smal

I keep dabbling with doing my most local 10k (it starts 5minutes frive from my house) but its got some vicious hills and I don't know if I can be bothered :motivationalspeaker:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

My local 10km (also Half) is the same Smal, but it’s lively as it is right by the ocean. The worst Hill is about 0.8km from the end of both. But I love it. I’ll miss it this year as I’ll be up to 18km that weekend before taper. Unless I do the 10km and carry on, hmmmm...
smalex

Post by smalex »

This one has several but the last one is also about that far from the end, and is both long and steep. The thought of it makes me feel a bit nauseous :lol:. Its a pretty course though, otherwise, and obviously super convenient.

I'm never sure about doing a race and then running directly after, I reckon that 8k would be SUCH a slog!
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Good to see you on here Pov :))

I'd do it as a tempo run Est and do the longer run on another day if you can fit it in or do two runs the same day.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I have a 10k booked on 4th Feb.

Everything else is dependent on my heel. I doubt I'll get to do the Wigan half in March but if everything heals and I can train then Southport in July is possible.

I am gutted to be honest but it's my own fault for not getting it sorted sooner.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Also yay Pov!
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Princess Morripov

So, I booked onto the 10k, and then it turned out that a party my brother is having which was supposed to be the weekend afterwards, which I'd mentioned I'd possibly not be able to go because it's Mothers day on the Sunday, (and whilst he never bothers with it, I like to do something nice with my mum), he's changed the weekend to 3/4 Feb which is nice, because now I can go, but he didn't tell me so I just got the invite in the post the other day and saw it was that weekend now so I wouldn't be able to do the 10k. I'm a bit sad because I was looking forward to doing that with everyone else but equally a weekend away catching up with my brother and friends would be nice too :lol:

So anyway :blah: I've given my space on the Chester 10k to someone else and booked onto the Rhyl 10 Mile on 24th Feb instead :eek: I think though that'll be a good step up to the half-marathon as I've done two 10ks this week so I know I can actually do that now.

4 Feb - 10k - Bramble
24 Feb - Rhyl 10 mile - Pov
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

28 Jan - Scottish Vet Relays (3.6m) - Duo 35:08
4 Feb - 10k - Bramble

3 minutes slower than last year but I'm glad I did it and I didn't get lost. I've massively lost fitness in the past month or so but I'll get back up there.
The route was a loop around a loch, one small hill to start and I'd forgotten about a larger one 3/4 way through. I walked up the second as I just couldn't get up it. Two runners doing a warm up led me back to the finish in shielding me from the wind which I was really grateful for.

Not my favourite race but the first of the year out of the way, could've been worse.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done, Duo. That sounds tough.

My training took a hit when we lost dad in November, and then I was ill over Christmas and then I hurt my ankle on New Year’s Eve. So a bit rubbish all in all and I pulled out of the half marathon I was due to do next week some time ago.

I’d thought at the time that I might get going again in time for the 15 mile I’d entered for March, but that clearly isn’t happening.

I have entered a couple of 10ks - one in April and one in May*, so I haven’t entirely given up! And I might try and do a couple more XCs if I can get to them.

* I’ll update the list tomorrow.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

4 Feb - 10k - Bramble
8 April - Little Bromley 10k - Mojo
28 May - Hatfield Broad Oak 10k - Mojo

Remembered to put my 10ks on :). I’m leaving the XCs for now as I think I might try and have some physio soon to get back on my feet properly.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

4 Feb - Mad Dog 10k - Bramble 58:20

Right, well I did my 10k and it was fine! I haven't trained at all since January, in fact, I'd only run 19k in total this year! I had a training run last Sunday which was fine although my heel was aching afterwards.

Anyway, I'm not sure what worked but I used a couple of blister plasters, some KTape, a slight heel raiser and a bit of memory foam padding and my heel has been OK (ish) today. It's aching now but that's due to a gym visit and stretching.

No PB but to be honest, I am more than happy with my time. It was a good run, the weather was perfect, cold, no wind but sunny. D and I ran together and finished together :love: I could definitely feel the lack of training though.

I am going to go and look at new shoes and see about getting back into half marathon training as soon as I can.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

That's a really good time Brambs.

My chest infection is dragging on so I didn't do my race on Saturday or the one yesterday.

4 Feb - Mad Dog 10k - Bramble 58:20

24 Feb - National XC Championships 10km (shit!) - Duo
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Princess Morripov

Ah I’m so pleased it went well Bramble, that is a great time especially with no training! And I’m glad the heel isn’t giving you too much gip.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Aw, Duo-Jo, I hope you feel better soon. Good luck with your run Povvo!

To be honest, I was blowing out my arse when I crossed the line but I couldn't let D beat me, not yet :lol:
Princess Morripov

Thanks! It’ll be my first ever race so I’m going more for completing it rather than a good time (I am more 7 minute kms at the moment really but it is very hilly around mine so it could be skewing it a bit).

I love that you couldn’t let D beat you :)). That’s a good motivator!
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done, Bramble. That’s a great effort with so little preparation.

Sorry you missed yours, Duo - do you think you’ll make the next (10k?) one?

And good luck, Pov!
Princess Morripov

Thanks! This is tomorrow, I can't believe it's come round so quick! :panic: I did 9.3 miles on Monday (after two weeks of nothing) and 6 miles last night so I'm feeling quite good about it as it is a flat course and it is super hilly where I run, so it can only be easier, hopefully :look: :lol: I'm not aiming for a time at all, literally just want to finish it as it's my first ever race, I'm quite slow really so anything under 2 hours I'd be chuffed with. There are a couple of other people from my run club going so we are going to run together which will be nice.

Good luck for your race on Saturday, Duo. :dotty: