Jump & Shout in June

Lily
Picker-Lily

Re: Jump & Shout in June

Post by Lily »

You could chase the children across the fields Olive, like the Mitfords.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Mountain Goat wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:58 am TRAIL RUNNING IS THE BEST RUNNING. But at the this time of year, take overgrown nettles into account when planning your choice of legwear*. :))
Goat is correct, on both counts :))
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m going to do Nody Vombag later. :))
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

Lily wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:35 pm You could chase the children across the fields Olive, like the Mitfords.
I had planned to take them to one of the walking/ running trails but loads are closed due to the heavy rains we’ve had. It’s too hot for the park and I don’t want to get stuck at the playground. :parentoftheyear:

I’m feeling a bit restless so I may shred anyway and move up to L3 and then head to the pool if it doesn’t rain.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

4.3 mile (the accidental 0.3 is important :)) ) run.

This means I've bypassed my 20 mile goal for the week and it's Tuesday. :lol: I think I need a new goal.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
geek_kitten

Post by geek_kitten »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:44 pm I’m going to do Nody Vombag later. :))
:))

Kickboxing circuits at lunch. Compared to yesterday it was crap and I felt like a complete beginner again, but hey. Also I hate battle ropes. And my Achilles tendon are sore (probably from skipping) :mad:

I only manage so much because I don't have kids, have a gym two minutes from my office and get up at half five twice a week to go to the gym (which is as delightful as it sounds).
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

mojojojo wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:29 pm
Mountain Goat wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:58 am TRAIL RUNNING IS THE BEST RUNNING. But at the this time of year, take overgrown nettles into account when planning your choice of legwear*. :))
Goat is correct, on both counts :))
Though now I've read all the other threads, he's going to want to go in shorts.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I always was anyway.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

You could throw yourself into the nettles and kill several birds with one stone.

Yoga tonight - very VERY hard. But we also locked our root chakras which is apparently good for the sex life; when I asked my instructor what happens if you don't have one she said that it's good for building up excitement and passion and now I have just had some good (potential) work news which is making me RIDICULOUSLY excited! So that's a bit spooky.

Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Two of us just went out and smashed the 40 minute mark. :perky:

It was properly tough though so there is no way I'm going to make sub 35 minutes by the end of June but it was lovely to get past that particular barrier. It is also obvious how difficult it might be to lower what are pretty modest times without putting more effort in, or changing what we do so I'll aim to make that my goal for the rest of the month, to just go sub 40 minutes for the 4 miles each run.

I'm sure Mo is shitting himself at the thought. :lol:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Mo Al Fayed, that is. :daisy:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

:lol: Well done Alan.

I played rugby tonight. It was a nice run around, but lads don’t half act like knobs. We were breaking up niggly little tiffs more than passing. :ella: It all got a bit handbags.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Well done TC!

I did a fairly slow 4.5 mile club run on Tuesday, and am meant to be doing some weird hilly efforts session in a local field later.

But I had a neck massage today and the masseuse (a small, stern woman) said I shouldn’t run today on account of The Toxins so I’m undecided.
olive
Really Creepy

Post by olive »

I’m sure you can run mojo, but I wouldn’t as I like the blissed our feel of a massage too much to ruin it with exercise. :))

I’ve moved up to L3 Shred and did Day 2 today. Rockstar jumps and jumping lunges. :cry: My poor legs don’t know what has hit them.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

olive wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:57 pm I’m sure you can run mojo
But the toxins! :lol:

I’m going to watch either way :weirdo: so I may well go in my kit and see if I feel... compelled to run :look:
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Workout tonight, which was better than last time as Iz made some adjustments following my dodgy home movies.

Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Beware the toxins! What might they do to you? :lol:

Oh god I had forgotten about the jumping lunges. The rockstars I didn't mind as much, purely because they herald the end (of the workout, not of me - yet). But the bloody jumping lunges.

Good work Alan. Under 40 minutes is great.

I just did a half hearted 3.5 miles in the park with a hangover and too much sunshine. Yesterday I walked 8 miles, which sounds more perky than it was, as 3 miles was walking to the doctors and taking the long way back via the Gap Outlet sale; and the other 5 was walking to the pub via the (very) scenic route. I earned all 27 pints. :look:
Cosmopolitan

Post by Cosmopolitan »

You're not supposed to exercise after a massage because your muscles will be relaxed and more likely to get injured. Toxins is sort of a reason, there will be lots of lactic acid build up which will circulate more due to the exercise and you'll ache even more tomorrow. Stay on the sofa.

Lots of cleans and deadlifts tonight, love the weight lifting the most.
mojojojo

Post by mojojojo »

Cosmopolitan wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:48 pm there will be lots of lactic acid build up which will circulate more due to the exercise and you'll ache even more tomorrow. Stay on the sofa.
Oh dear :lol:

I went and quite enjoyed it, although I definitely could have worked harder.

It was only a couple of miles - several laps round local orchards - quite up and down so a decent work out.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Pilates was hysterical tonight, definitely more party games. I ended up rolling on the floor laughing because it was just so nuts.