Shred 2019 (also feat. Ripped in 30 & 6 week 6 pack & No more trouble zones & Kickbox FastFix & YogaInferno & KillerAbs)

Texaco Shirley

Re: Shred 2019

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Well done! I don’t get on well with morning exercise, I’m aiming for mid afternoon as I’m out tonight.

Slightly concerned I don’t have any parsnips. Will carrots work?
Disco

Post by Disco »

I prefer to have my morning cup of tea and then crack right on. The later it gets the more unlikely I am to do it. It's the same when I get home from work; tea then work out.

Carrots might suffice. You'd better pray they dialled it in and are fat ones.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

:mog:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

L2D1: well, that wasn’t as bad as I expected but only because I’d really built it up as something to dread. I missed the first one or two of some exercises as I couldn’t remember what they were and I had to stand up to see the screen but I managed most of it. I’d forgotten just how much I hate squat thrusts but I managed to do something somewhere between the Natalie and Anita versions, not walking but not jumping as far in. The plank jacks were deceptively easy for the first batch but I ran out of steam and missed the last 2 of the second. As before I can’t really feel the plank twists in my obliques so either they’re in better shape than the rest of me or I’m doing it wrong. My biggest problem with this level is not being able to hear the soundtrack on things like plank jacks and squat thrusts and not knowing when it’s time to move on.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

L2D2: Not sure whether I’m about to die or just vomit :lol: I was in 2 minds about doing it anyway as my legs felt like lead but I wasn’t sure if I was just talking myself out of it. The main problem was the sun was coming right in and even with the window open it was baking. I did it all though, even though I’m not sure my form was great for some of it.
Disco

Post by Disco »

:lol: oh dear but fair play for cracking on!
Disco

Post by Disco »

W3D3; ugh knackering but I burned 27 more calories than the last time and followed the harder lady a bit more than the easy lady.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Glad to see you’re enjoying it :lol: How is it with the heavier weights?

I am planning to shred later. I’m not aching particularly but my legs are very tired. I went for a walk at lunchtime to see if it would loosen them up a bit but it didn’t really work.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I'm managing to stick with the heavier weights throughout but it's not a weight-heavy level, really. Most upper body work consists of lifting one''s body off the floor in various contorted ways.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

L2D3: You know the bit where she says she wants you to feel like you’re gonna die? That really struck a chord tonight, the jeans shopping line was no motivation whatsoever. What is interesting is that I’m finding different exercises difficult this time round. The chair squats with v fly are not that big a deal, nor the pendulum lunges whereas I’m finding the upright rowing thing quite painful.
Disco

Post by Disco »

You've got a dodgy shoulder though; maybe with the heavier weights is causing some strain??
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Possibly. It’s not the sort of action which would trouble the joint but it is probably still just weak.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

L2D4: Definitely wasn’t as bad as yesterday apart from the final circuit. I think I’m going at half speed on the squat thrusts but it’s impossible to see the screen while I’m doing them so I’m not sure. I figure so long as I keep moving it’s fine.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:24 pm I think I’m going at half speed on the squat thrusts but it’s impossible to see the screen while I’m doing them so I’m not sure. I figure so long as I keep moving it’s fine.
I'm definitely slower on things like that too and like you believe that showing willing is good enough. I thought I'd updated earlier - W3D4 - definitely didn't give it as much welly as yesterday but still followed hard woman for approx 75% of the time.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Hard woman :lol: I’m with Shelley for abs and most of the cardio but back with Anita or somewhere between the two for strength.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

L2D5: Halfway!! It was hard today though, proper jelly legs when I finished. There is not a chance of doing any of this with the 3kg weights :lol:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Well done! Do you not swap the weights around? Previously I have started off with heavier weights but had the lighter ones to hand to quickly switch out if heavy ones are too much or if I can't use the heavier ones for certain moves.

I bunked off today as I've had a headache* since 5am and felt nauseous .

*Those types that hurt when you move your head so there was no way I was jumping around.
Disco

Post by Disco »

My triceps definitely got a good workout yesterday though.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I was swapping them around on level 1 but I’m not sure I’m up to the heavier ones anywhere in level 2 yet. Possibly the hammer curl, I’ll try that if I feel stronger tomorrow.

I couldn’t shred with a headache, I thought I might have to skip yesterday with one but managed to catch it in time with paracetamol.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I kept thinking my headache was going to go but it just wouldn't shift. It has now but I'm not getting into all that business now!

I don't think I could do L2 all the way through with 3kg and I wouldn't have been able to with W2 Rin30, going up has coincided with the weight-light W3.