Inside No 9

indigo

Re: Inside No 9

Post by indigo »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:37 am Yes, you were just in time! I did the same.
:))
Mme.Hibou

Post by Mme.Hibou »

Series 1 & 2 are on Netflix.
Lily
Picker-Lily

Post by Lily »

Fabulous. Thank you.
"You first have to find out who you are. Then you have to be it like mad."

My blog, if you are bored
Toast
Delboy

Post by Toast »

Oh that's good to know as I hadn't gotten around to watching on iPlayer. Thanks, Hibs.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

No series 3 on Netflix though (yet).
Tits McGee
Topaz Titanium

Post by Tits McGee »

Thank you for the recommendation Lily! I watched two episodes last night and really enjoyed them. M didn't like it, so I'll be binge-watching while he's away over the weekend.
I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster
Mme.Hibou

Post by Mme.Hibou »

This week's episode was actual genius.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

I just didn’t understand why she was in the house again at the end (beginning).
indigo

Post by indigo »

The one with Cheese and Crackers was excellent. They are both SUCH good actors.
Brier

Post by Brier »

nineseven wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:24 pm I just didn’t understand why she was in the house again at the end (beginning).
Yes, this was my thought.

I've been catching up with these on Netflix and iPlayer, since they don't need to be done in order. I really loved Zanzibar.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

People on twitter suggested it was to get the dictaphone (evidence) she left behind but there was nothing on screen to suggest that.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I just watched it again and in the first flashback (so 10 minutes back from the first section...you know what I mean), it does show her frantically searching for the dictaphone and eventually finding it, so I'm pretty sure that was it. I had to watch again to make it make sense.

We're caught up now (1,2 and 4 anyway) and even though there's one on tonight I'm gutted that we've pretty much run out. My favourites so far have been 12 Days of Christine and Zanzibar (in very different ways), but I've enjoyed all of them. My least favourites (but I still liked them) were the seance, and last week's (To Have and Hold) - I enjoyed the set ups but found the twists a bit much. The acting has been great throughout.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Luce

Post by Luce »

I've only just started these and am only only on series 2 but I love it. So clever. And so good for my short attention span. The only one I hated was the Mischief one. That was pure horror and I really didn't enjoy it.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

Mountain Goat wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:41 pm I just watched it again and in the first flashback (so 10 minutes back from the first section...you know what I mean), it does show her frantically searching for the dictaphone and eventually finding it, so I'm pretty sure that was it. I had to watch again to make it make sense.
Ah I missed that, and I watched it twice specifically looking for it :lol:

I hated the Mischief one too, Claude. And the most recent one (on last night) wasn't their best.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I discovered yesterday that s3 is on Amazon Prime for a tenner (SD, a bit more for HD).

I wasn't mad keen on Mischief either. I haven't watched last night's yet.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Right, I'm actually evangelical about this now, having come to it so late. I think Cheese and Crackers is my current favourite. How can they be SO good?' Comedy and horror and poignancy, often all at the same time. And such depth. All in 29 minutes! That is mental. I think it is the best television series I have ever seen.
Livilla

Post by Livilla »

Duophonic wrote: Thu May 07, 2015 9:17 am My favourite was a last series one where they're stealing a painting. Not a bit of dialogue until the final scene, it's so cleverly done and the twist at the end is fantastic.
We've been watching these too, and just watched this one now, it was so clever! I also loved the 10 minute time jump one, and Zanzibar a lot.
nineseven

Post by nineseven »

It is amazing, isn't it?

It's on tonight :weewee:
Luce

Post by Luce »

I've now watched them all twice. Just so good. Although I assume tonight's will be another horror one.

It has got me into Psychoville too which is also brilliant.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Thank you so much for reminding me it's on tonight, I've never watched it live so didn't think about that, and I've had a annoying day of crashes, lost work and corrupted files so it's just the surprise I need. :disco: