Princess Morripov

Re: Netflix human recommendations

Post by Princess Morripov »

Oh wow, I didn't realise Narcos S3 would be here so soon :disco:
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I'm so excited to watch Narcos tonight!

I spent ages last night scrolling through trying to find a funny, easy to watch, lighthearted series. I've loved Kimmy Schmidt, Brooklyn Nine Nine, Master of None. We settled on White Gold which is not great, but I couldn't find anything else that seemed to fit the bill.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

I'm watching Gossip Girl several thousand years after everyone else. I can't quite decide if I love it or hate it so I'm ploughing on regardless!
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

I just started watching Riverdale thanks to this thread and 10 mins in and there's already references to Dawson's Creek, Twin Peaks, Heathers, Gossip Girl and 90210, which are pretty much my favourite programmes. I'm hoping for a Pretty Little Liars and a Mean Girls reference before the 30 min mark. This is nirvana for a high school tv/film geek. :love:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Ismee

Post by Ismee »

We're just about to start episode 10 of Narcos, it's brilliant.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

...although it's probably just that all US teen stuff references the Archie comics. :puzz:
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

I also just started Riverdale. Only the first episode but I think it's ok and will keep going.

I'm also about 8 eps into My Crazy Ex Girlfriend (love it), a couple of eps into S3 of Narcos (it's a bit of a slow burner) and onto S2 of Love which we binge watched and it's great. Also, did both series of Lovesick last weekend which was really good.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

One Mississippi on Prime is good. They've just put up the second series.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I'm watching Wynonna Earp which is about he descendents of Wyatt Earp being doomed to fight demons with the help of an immortal Doc Holliday. It's exactly as classy as it sounds but pretty gpod fun even so.
Mayday

Post by Mayday »

ParisGal wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:29 pm Ooh, I've been getting notifications about it being imminent but hadn't realised it had started. I'll wait until I can watch it all in one go though (I mean consecutively, not dedicate 8 hours straight) :look:

I have no idea where if anywhere it would be available for normal people ( ;) ) but we just finished watching The Good Place. It's Ted Danson running a version of heaven where a recently deceased Kristen Bell arrives despite not being a good person. It's funny and quite different. S2 is about to start, and there're 13 20-minute episodes in S1, so quite quick to watch.
I really like this, but I wish Jamila Jamil wasn't in it, she is just irritating but I can't work out whether its her or the character that I find annoying :lol: I love Kristin Bell though.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Ooh I've just seen this come up on Netflix. I'll add it to my list.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I enjoyed The Good Place, nice and easy to watch and quite charming. I'm now all caught up though so waiting for the rest of series 2 to come out.

Has anyone else watched American Vandal yet? It's brilliant. Its basically a mock crime documentary so if you love those as much as I do (which most of us do, I think) then I think you'll find it very funny.

Also! Gerald's Game was as good as everyone says.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Someone said that on FB the other day - about Gerald's game - I must watch it.
Luce

Post by Luce »

I'm not a Stephen King person at all so I don't know if that means I enjoyed it more or not. It was just the perfect level of tense/scary for me.
baargain
The Baarometer of Style

Post by baargain »

I also enjoyed Gerald's Game, it was less grim than the book from what I can remember.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Watched American Vandal over the weekend and loved it!

It's really got the Serial/Making a Murderer vibe down brilliantly.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I am watching The Ozarks, behind everyone else. It is good but I find Laura Linney's face really annoying and would like to punch it.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Santa Claude wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:51 pm I enjoyed The Good Place, nice and easy to watch and quite charming. I'm now all caught up though so waiting for the rest of series 2 to come out.
I started this last night and am enjoying it. As you say, nice and easy to watch and short episodes too.

I'm still only halfway through Ozark. I love it, but MrE is not so enamoured. So we watch one episode and then have massive gap until the next one :ella:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Did I say this before, but has anybody watched the Musketeers?

It's a BBC Production and it's absolutely brilliant. The right level of camp, family friendly (of course people die), swashbuckling, love interests etc for an easy to watch good family show.

I'm gutted that there are only three series of it, really.
Hobbes

Post by Hobbes »

I loved The Musketeers TC. As you said, nice light easy watch show, with lots of attractive people swashbuckling - what's not to like? :lol:

In fact, the recent Strike adaptation only caught my eye because Tom Burke was in it. I really enjoyed the tv series and have got into the novels, so thanks Musketeers!