Where is Catherine?

Luna

Re: Where is Catherine?

Post by Luna »

And Fergie has it as well doesn’t she? It’s been a heavy start to the year..
Luna

Post by Luna »

It must have been a lump they thought was benign but turned out to be cancerous.
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:28 pm
Luna wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:24 pm Hopefully if they’ve removed it all in the operation she has a very good outlook.
I don’t think that was what the op was for (based on the bbc report). It said they’d found cancer in post surgery tests.
That probably means the tests they did on whatever they removed from her abdomen.
Heartsick.blog
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

The BBC are already issuing "What do we know about Catherine, Princess of Wales' cancer?" bollocks.
Roma

Post by Roma »

This is very sad, it was quite upsetting watching her statement.

I just hope it was caught in time and she recovers soon.
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Oh, that's very tough. How awful for her and her family.
Luce

Post by Luce »

Jesus. I hope everyone in their PR team is fired.
Dutchie

Post by Dutchie »

Luce wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:36 pm Jesus. I hope everyone in their PR team is fired.
This. I think they should form a new PR team consisting of Turtles.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Topcat wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:43 pm The BBC are already issuing "What do we know about Catherine, Princess of Wales' cancer?" bollocks.
What we have now are endless filler "experts" on the TV radio talking the most inane bollocks. I had the misfortune earlier to listen to an expert speculating how William (as a father) might be feeling - " possibly not sleeping well, trying to process and support his wife". No shit :sherlock:
Malan
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

That's the sort of shit I cannot stand.

I bet that ghoul Witchell has filled several buckets with his discharge already.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

The trouble is (for the PR team) that they really are up against the world's media, and even if they got laws through about what could be reported (which wouldn't go down well) they wouldn't apply anywhere but here. They tried to keep it all under wraps by issuing the initial statement and asking for privacy, but of course that was ignored. They issued 'that' photo, which may have been miscalculated, but to be fair I doubt that someone coming to terms with terrible news would be really concentrating on Photoshop skills. Yes, the Comms team shouldn't have signed it off, but I don't think that other than that they have done much wrong. I don't know if the shopping video was real or faked, but either way (unless the RF was behind a fake, which I doubt) it was the media not the PR lot who blew it all up. We don't know when they found out about the cancer, but it's not likely that they have been concealing it all this time. I can understand wanting to tell the children first - in any circumstances, never mind when the press will be all over it, and timing that to fit with school holidays seems sensible.

I wouldn't argue for media regulation, but at times like this there is a case to be made, I think. (and yes to the asinine comments from commentators)
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

I wonder whether her medical records were accessed and the press said they would publish so KP decided to pre-empt.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Tsu wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:39 pm I wonder whether her medical records were accessed and the press said they would publish so KP decided to pre-empt.
I think their (RF) hand was forced.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I was just trying to work out what a RF hand is. :george:
Disco

Post by Disco »

Sorry, I've got a sandwich in my (not RF) hand so was being lazy.
Disco

Post by Disco »

At first I hadn't put (RF) and it sounded like I meant the press' (TP) hand was forced.
Red

Post by Red »

That's a really good point, I saw the story about her medical records being (maybe) accessed and assumed it was someone trying to figure out if she'd had even had surgery.

She was incredibly calm given the story was about herself; no statement from the Palace like with the King's diagnosis.

I don't really understand what preventative chemo is but I hope she fully recovers quickly.
Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

When C had testicular cancer, the treatment included diagnosis & surgery in one (if in doubt, whip it out), then they assessed the type of cancer it was, and then he had preventative chemo. Because of the type it was, he had a single IV dose.

So I imagine this was something like a hysterectomy & they found cancerous cells so are doing whatever needs doing next.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Partner's brother has some sort of incurable but treatable bladder cancer that involves preventative chemo every couple of years.
overthehill

Post by overthehill »

Ruby wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:49 pm Partner's brother has some sort of incurable but treatable bladder cancer that involves preventative chemo every couple of years.
My uncle has something very similar, if not the same. He was diagnosed with bladder cancer about 2 weeks before our wedding in 1998 and is still going strong. He's 84.
"Inagh to China Motorcycle Ride" blog, if you're interested: www.inaghtochina.com :))