Wendy’s Weekend Wonderings

wendy james

Wendy’s Weekend Wonderings

Post by wendy james »

I wish you all a nice and sunny one! :disco:

The girls are heading to my parents for a sleepover tonight. They had to put one of their elderly dogs to sleep this week so I’m hoping the girls are a nice distraction. P and I don’t have any plans.

Tomorrow I’m out for a group run and some local youngsters are coming to clean our cars for money because my children won’t. :lol:

Elvis is insisting on getting the bus back home alone, and once she is and we’re packed up, we’re heading for a final trip of the Year of Camping*. I’m delighted it will be worth taking our chairs as it’s non electric and I’ll need to sit outside to boil water on the gas stove!

Sproglette was supposed to be at a friends sleepover so P invited a couple of mates to stay. She’s now not going so she’s staying with my parents an extra night so he didn’t have to cancel. He’ll therefore be rubbish on Sunday, so I’ve ordered freezer pizzas for their lunch.

I’m going out for Sunday lunch with friends at a pop up event. I’ve been promised vegan Yorkshire puddings and cauliflower cheese. :ready:

*we’re all camping again in June with friends but our first trip last year was June so this completes the calendar year.
Texaco Shirley

Re: Wendy’s Weekend Wonderings

Post by Texaco Shirley »

No plans this evening.

Tomorrow should be Parkrun but it depends if I’m well enough. The evening is a bit of a mystery (and part of a Christmas present). We are going to London to something that has involved hiring Victorian style fancy dress. Which reminds me I must practise curling my hair appropriately.

On Sunday we need to be back for A’s football match but a 2pm KO is quite civilised.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

That sounds lovely Wendy, I'm sorry about your parents' dog though.

I'm meant to be going to the cinema tonight but I've woken up with a cold so I'm not sure how that will go. It's an old Billy Connolly documentary that's been restored so we've had tickets for ages.

Tomorrow I'm meeting my friend for a dog (hers) walk and brunch although, again that will depend on my stupid cold :ella:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m sorry to hear about their dog.

We have a rugby disco/presentation/end of season thing at the clubhouse this evening so we’re all going to that. Even Chunk.

Tomorrow I have brunch with NCT friends booked and might do a little mooch around the shops of Ashby-de-la-Zouch. :snooty:

Not sure what Sunday holds but I do know that there’s no football and no rugby!
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

I'm sorry to hear about your folks' dog, Wendy. They dote on them, don't they? Hopefully the girls will be a good distraction.

Your secret plans sound fascinating, Tex! I will look forward to hearing about it.

I don't belong on this thread as I'm working Saturday, Sunday and Monday, but I am trying to post more so thought I'd have a nose at your plans. I will have a nice evening tonight though, as P's old school friend is coming for dinner and we haven't seen her for ages. They will then head out for a drink and I'll catch up on some TV with Betty and TD. I may even be able to bribe J to join us as his girlfriend's mum sent me some Smash (Scandinavian chocolate, not potato :teacher: ).
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Sorry about the dog, it must be tough.

I am picking a pal up later to take her to lunch before she sets off off on a weekend to Lulworth then I am heading on to a beer garden to see another couple of mates, one of them has been a drink driving dickhead so that should be fun, although he is making the right signals as a result of a night in the clink. Then hill reps this evening.

Tomorrow I am heading off for the bright lights of North Surrey to see one of my best mates, we've been pals for nearly 40 years but haven't seen one another for five or six so that should be fun, then in the evening I am off to a stag do in the even brighter lights of South Croydon.

I can't wait to get home on Sunday already. :lol:
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Sorry about the dog.

We're off to Weymouth to stay in a caravan! Topsy and Tim had been asking to do a seaside caravan for ages. But it turns out they mixed up caravan with campervan so are disappointed it won't move and are probably going to be a bit underwhelmed. :lol:
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Aww bless them! We’re going to Weymouth in June so let me know if you find anything good!
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Hello!
I'll be driving to a port and heading across the channel! I'm so so happy to be off work.
The prospect of the trip brought to mind our wonderful journey in Scotland last year and how horribly hungover I was leaving Glasgow and it was my turtle day to post my day in pictures.

Your mystery day sounds intriguing, Tex. Please do come and update us.
Malan
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Sorry to hear about the dog Wendy.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

wendy james wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:10 am Aww bless them! We’re going to Weymouth in June so let me know if you find anything good!
Will do, we're only away two nights though so I'm not sure we'll do much exploring.

I remember that hungover pictorial day, Marth. :lol: Hope you enjoy your holiday.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Sorry about the dog Wendy. It’s nice to see so many turtles going away for the weekend.

Sunday is Betty’s birthday and it’s mine on Monday so we’re having a joint day out to York on Sunday. She wants to go to the York Castle Museum and A is coming :hbeat:

Tonight she has a friend sleeping over and then tomorrow, 3 other friends are getting here for 10 and I’m dropping them off in the big town for a days shopping.

Cube has decided that he can’t bear to spend any extra time here at all so he’s going to his Dads and will miss his sisters birthday.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Well done on the year of camping Wendy, you are hardcore!

I was wondering how Cube is doing Kleio, sorry he isn't going to be around for birthday celebrations, but it sounds like this year you might enjoy them more without him.

Happy holiday Marth !

Tex - can we see photos ? It sounds fab!

Ken, they will probably LOVE the caravan wether it moves or not!

I have no plans other than possibly a BBQ tomorrow, and shopping at some point!
rosy

Post by rosy »

Sorry to hear about the dog, Wenders.

I hope Topsy and Tim have fun in the caravan!

Tonight I'm knitting while watching nonsense TV with wine. Tomorrow I shall be doing some French homework, a bit of sewing and then it's Eurovision :disco: It's P's birthday but he is busy so I'm seeing him on Tuesday.

Sunday I'll probably have a teensy hangover, plus we are forecast thunderstorms in the afternoon so I haven't made any plans. Monday is J's birthday so originally I intended to go to see him on Sunday but they are away for the weekend so I'll see him and the twins soon.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Gaaaah. Our train to London has been cancelled.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Oh no! Can you use an alternative?
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I think we can get one 2 hours earlier. Luckily (!) I’m probably not well enough to do Parkrun so leaving earlier isn’t an issue.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

My mystery evening is a Sherlock Holmes themed immersive murder mystery.

Getting into a taxi could be problematic :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

You look fabulous but It is so not the weather for a top hat and tails! Hope you're going somewhere air-conditioned!
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:52 pm My mystery evening is a Sherlock Holmes themed immersive murder mystery.

Getting into a taxi could be problematic :lol:
You look amazing!
Malan