Friday!

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Friday!

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It’s Friday again, and good morning to you all!

I am still a bit fizzy with joy after a nice day at work yesterday & rushing about at the best parents’ evening ever for Chunk (ran to time the whole time AND not a bad word was uttered), and then a nice bookshop event.

I’m drinking coffee in the garden before I head out for the morning.

It’s GCSE Biology today for the Hatchlings, so good luck to all.
wendy james

Re: Friday!

Post by wendy james »

GOOD MORNING! :perky: Happy Friday to all!

I am in demand at the moment for various things, which unfortunately means I probably won't get to log off as early as I'd planned. Plus it's all kicking off as it's the first week of our new timesheet system, which is shit. :lol:

I will get lots of steps in now my temporary standing desk is set up above my walking treadmill. I'd rather be walking in the sunshine!
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

Tell us about the bookshop event, Pip. I took Betty to see Holly Jackson last night, and she was absolutely buzzing afterwards (and will be even more so when she gets home and sees I've ordered her the rest of the series). Well done to Chunk.

It is the last of my 9 days off so I will be cleaning, pottering and reading. My washing machine has packed in but my lovely neighbour has offered use of hers, so I will get uniforms done and the rest will have to wait. Gym with Betty after school and then a chilled evening as I'm back to work tomorrow.

Good luck to the GCSE hatchlings!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Good luck to the GCSE takers! And well done to Chunk for his parents night feedback!

I'm WFH due to a shitty cold, I'm annoyed as I had plans for the weekend and I never know whether to cancel stuff or not. I'll see how the day goes.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Good luck for the GCSEs!
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Good luck GCSE children. Morning and hello Lora!

I'm relaxing in the sunny summerhouse with coffee. My out of office is on and I'm so happy to be off work I feel like I'm on mdma. :disco: I've fake tanned so I'm nice and orange.

I've packed and will shortly head out to pick up a Boots delivery from the shop.
Malan
rosy

Post by rosy »

Congrats to Chunk for a good parents' evening and good luck, GCSE takers. And a have a lovely holiday, Marth.

I have just taken a delivery of (some more) fabric so that's in the washing machine, and I have some life admin to do later.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Sounds like a great day yesterday Pip

Good luck to all those taking GCSEs

It's bright sunshine here so that's cheering me up

I might make my first iced latte of the year as well later

Marth I'm happy you're happy 😊
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Little My

Post by Little My »

Loralei wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:51 am I took Betty to see Holly Jackson last night, and she was absolutely buzzing afterwards (and will be even more so when she gets home and sees I've ordered her the rest of the series).
A girl after my own heart. :love:

Morning Turtles! I've got the Friday feeling too. (Although maybe not as strongly as orange Marth. :)) )

I'm excited for a musical I'm seeing tonight. R is ushering, so I may have to hang around a bit afterwards but that's OK.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I just saw my life flash before my eyes as my darling washing machine refused to turn on. I swapped sockets with the tumble dryer and it came back to life. Thank goodness!

It was an author event with a charming young man. I fell totally in love with him when he said he wanted to quickly grab “an orange” meaning a drink of squash. It reminded me of my nanna. Anyway, his book is called Dog and it’s about a rescue greyhound called The Mighty Gary, and it sounds so funny and generally brilliant.

I’m just home from the gym and I’m going to making an omelette now.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I would grab “an orange” too Pip.

I’ve treated myself to BIAB nails today after my disastrous attempt at gels (at a salon) last year. Then, my favourite coffee shop had tiramisu on the menu and sent me a message to let me know so I’ve been out for lunch.

As documented on the weekend thread Betty has a friend over tonight and I need to bake her birthday cake.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Good afternoon all. I have been WFH all day. Soon will finish and go out to Veggie restaurant with friend. Weather has been lovely all day but I have been inside:(.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

NORTHERN LIGHTS!!!
rosy

Post by rosy »

They are so beautiful!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I just drunkenly clambered up the climbing frame at the park and look! Not visible to the naked eye but still.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

I can see it here without the camera, it doesn't look like that but you can see the patches where it's not black.

Completely amazing.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

We were all on the beach at midnight and got some good photos too. It was just visible to the naked eye.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I totally missed the lights! We got home around 10pm and i fell asleep on the couch :lol:
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse