May Exercise

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Re: May Exercise

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Bodypump and bodybalance this morning. The gym owner has shifted things around again without telling the regulars. He really doesn’t seem to care about anyone not doing CrossFit/Hyrox and I do wonder if he just wants rid of us.
Loralei

Post by Loralei »

sally maclennane wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 11:56 am Anyway, I think its one of those things that there really isn't an answer to, other than making myself do it. I should probably just accept that I'll never love it, nor will it ever just be part of my daily life in the way some people describe it.
Yes, I think I am the same. It will always be a chore, so I just have to get on with it and at least enjoy having done it. That is very annoying about the gym not replying, though. It's the same where I go but fortunately there are a decent amount of women who use the weights as well, so the testosterone seems somewhat diluted.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

It is tough Lora (hello!) and Sal. I can't stand gyms (no shit :lol: ) so would struggle to get on with any form of them, let alone ones with musclecunts so you are doing something right. Motivation is the biggest thing about this shit as we all know, and a lot of the time I have none of that at all, but I know if I make it over the doorstep and outside then the chances are it will be ok.

-----

I did some hill reps tonight. Didn't push it as there were twinges in my knee still but things are progressing in the right direction which is good news. I've got two weeks until we are on a 16 a mile training run and that will be out on the Mendips, so properly tough. Its all starting to take off again, FFS. :lol:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

It is tough Lora (hello!) and Sal. I can't stand gyms (no shit :lol: ) so would struggle to get on with any form of them, let alone ones with musclecunts so you are doing something right. Motivation is the biggest thing about this shit as we all know, and a lot of the time I have none of that at all, but I know if I make it over the doorstep and outside then the chances are it will be ok.

-----

I did some hill reps tonight. Didn't push it as there were twinges in my knee still but things are progressing in the right direction which is good news. I've got two weeks until we are on a 16 a mile training run and that will be out on the Mendips, so properly tough. Its all starting to take off again, FFS. :lol:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

16 miles :mog: I love the way you mention this as though it’s nothing
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Oh trust me, it will be absolute hell. :lol:

Weirdly, although I manage to muster through these long runs, every single one of you here would murder me over 5 or 10k.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

16 miles :cry: and they’re trail ones too which doubles them in my mind! You’re hardcore.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

Today was a rest day, but I didn’t feel like doing nothing, so a short upper body session was what I did.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Do you have other gym options Pip, if you’re being pushed out?

Thursday I did my upper body session at the gym near the office. I’ve used up my 5 day passes but they were doing a 3 months for the price of 2 short-term membership offer (equivalent to the cost of 10 day passes) which is a better deal for me for May-July as I’ve got a whole week in London in June!

Anyway, they have a couple of sets of rings so to kill a bit more time before my train, I was practising some basic flows. And a woman came over to tell me how fabulous she thought it was. She was super animated so it was all ‘and then you just flipped and your legs were that way and :blah::lol: It was sweet and I took the compliment but also said she should see what others can do!

I had a rest day yesterday and went for a group run this morning.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Parkrun didn’t happen partly due to coughing up a lung this morning but mostly trying to get to London with the train chaos.
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

70 min easy today (11.1km) I tested out a new gel which was good and made a real effort to keep it slow and easy. It felt great.
Disco

Post by Disco »

Well done Wendy and Estrella! Ugh, Tex, coughing and train woes sound like a heady mix.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Ugh , Tex hope you feel better soon.

I completed an endurance class this morning, it was supposed to be 4 rounds with a 50 minute time cap;
100 double unders, 80 cal row, 60 sit ups, 40 burpees, 20 wall balls.
This was my first class in 8 weeks following illness and asthma issues, so I decided to half the number of reps and just keep moving. I feel okay and not too exhausted, it does feel like I have a bit more in the tank which is good.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Ugh , Tex hope you feel better soon.

I completed an endurance class this morning, it was supposed to be 4 rounds with a 50 minute time cap;
100 double unders, 80 cal row, 60 sit ups, 40 burpees, 20 wall balls.
This was my first class in 8 weeks following illness and asthma issues, so I decided to half the number of reps and just keep moving. I feel okay and not too exhausted, it does feel like I have a bit more in the tank which is good.
Disco

Post by Disco »

40 burpees :cry: hard core. Great work and recovery.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

40 burpees. :cry:

I went to Dance Step this morning. Boy it was hot.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I did a 10 mile bike ride this morning. It was lovely.
Disco

Post by Disco »

3.07 miles today - added an extended mini loop in - 29m 17s (now my base level for this run).
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Excellent work Disco!
Estrella

Post by Estrella »

That’s so good, Dics!