Should we Monday?

bramblerose

Should we Monday?

Post by bramblerose »

Morning.

It has gone overcast here after the glorious weekend. It was lovely on my walk before work.

I've pegged out laundry in the hopes that it will dry before the forecasted rain later.

Just work which is busy then spin later.

How's your Monday going?
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Chicky

Re: Should we Monday?

Post by Chicky »

Overcast here too, we had thunder and torrential rain last night so at least it isn’t doing that.

I’m working from home this morning but have to go in to work later. I need to wait in for the builder, two deliveries and the cleaner before heading to work but only one of the four have turned up so far. Come on people!
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning bramble et al.

We’ve clouded over after the weekend, and there is a noticeable drop in temperature. I’m waiting for shopping to be delivered, as then it’s a usual Monday of nipping over to mum’s and then pottering and tidying.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Hi Bramble. I'm off work thanks to fecking Covid, I feel like shit in general, and have a hacking cough too. Nothing planned here, other than reading my book and watching telly.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Red

Post by Red »

Morning.
Bright and sunny here but we've lost the warmth of the weekend and it feels quite chilly out there.

After a few very frantic work weeks I have a much calmer week ahead. I'm not looking forward to my 121 with my manager later, after a slightly tetchy performance review on Friday where I was told I was too busy because I wasn't managing my diary and also I had 'asked for more responsibility'.
Yes I had, but IN RETURN FOR MORE MONEY.

Sure it will be fine.
Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Morning! It's a bit overcast here too but I'm wearing my new dress anyway. It's still a nice temperature.

Work is pretty busy which is good.

Sorry you're feeling rough Sal.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Morning. It’s really sunny here but there’s a slight breeze. It’s my birthday today and Cube has already attempted to spoil the morning so I’ve been a little sad. I’m worried about Elf sitting his SATs too.

I’m going to pop into town and get my second holes repierced on my lobes and I might have lunch out then home for the school run, take an awful Cube to the doctors and then dinner out with my lot, my sister and A. It’ll be the first time A has met my sister.

I’d like a quiet night in with a movie tonight but I’m assuming Cube will try and ruin that too.

Hope you’re over the worst of it soon Sal.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Happy Birthday, Kleio! I hope you can enjoy some of your day.

I’ve just been helping out with SATs at the junior school. It wasn’t the worst paper I’ve seen. :))
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Happy Birthday Kleio! I hope you get the evening you want.

I am still coughing and have virtually no voice today (possibly a great relief to everyone else :)) ) I did test for Covid but it was negative so I guess it’s “just” a cold.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Happy birthday Kleio!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning!

Happy birthday Kleio. I hope the day improves.

I’ve heard from Squeak and her assessment of the English Lit paper is that it was “decent”, so that’s a relief. C is heading off to China this evening so I am in charge of keeping both kids fed and happy for a while.

I want to get a second ear piercing and am trying to decide where to book it in.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Thanks everyone, and I hope you enjoy your birthday, Kleio.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

Happy Birthday, Kleio! And hope your plague improves, sal. :yes:

I am knackered, but this is related to being energetic all weekend (kayaking and hiking) so at least it was fun. Though I clonked myself on the nose with the car door after kayaking, and have just been inspecting my slight black eye and wishing I'd learned something about make up at some point, as I have to go into the office tomorrow. :lg:

I misread your post for a moment, Pip, and thought little baby R was being sent to China. :)) I thought that was a bit brave of everyone. I suspect C is more equipped to deal with Xi Jinping's state though.
Bat Macdui

Post by Bat Macdui »

THOUGH. You wouldn't think I spent half my working life writing stuff. :lg:
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 11:49 am I’ve heard from Squeak and her assessment of the English Lit paper is that it was “decent”, so that’s a relief.
Won’t hear from J until much later so I hope he feels the same as Squeak! It’s one of his least favourite subjects and I know he was feeling a bit nervous!
rosy

Post by rosy »

Happy birthday Kleio and feel better soon, Sal!

It is my youngest son's birthday today too (29). It's fine and dry here after the thunder and torrential rain last night, so I have laundry on the line and more in the machine.

I am waiting for my cleaner to arrive; when she does I shall visit the bright lights of the big Sainsbury's.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Lola

Post by Lola »

Happy birthday, Kleio.

Do we have to Monday? I can’t be bothered. FIL was at my house all day yesterday so I feel like I need another Sunday.

I’m in the office as per usual. Totally bored of this shit now :))
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Happy Birthday Kleio, hope you have a good day. Sal, hope you feel better soon.

I am currently on hold trying to book an appointment and have been stuck on hols for 10 minutes which no end in sight. Today is my first day back after my holiday and so far I have had 2 meetings and have a full afternoon of calls. Not sure when if I will actually get some work done.
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Happy birthday Kleio I hope you manage to enjoy most of your day

Have a Hugh from me Sal and Tex I hope you both feel better soon and any other poorlies I've missed

Gym zoom training admin swim and nails done shortly so been a busy Monday so far
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Afternoon all, and happy birthday to you, Kleio! 🎂🎉
I hope the rest of your day is better. Feel better soon, Sal. My brother has just got over something that I suspect was COVID although he didn’t take a test :ella:

I am WFH today and have my usual queue of late afternoon/early evening calls. We had a lovely day at my sister’s yesterday with a family barbecue and I had a lot of cuddles with tiniest niece and also a fair amount of wine. Bit delicate today. My sister made the the most amazing lemon and cardamom birthday cake and I’ve got a lump of that for afternoon tea that I’m quite looking forward to!