Should we Monday?

Duophonic

Re: Should we Monday?

Post by Duophonic »

Happy birthday Kleio.

I hope you feel better soon, Sal.

Usual day here, work is boring, nothing else to report.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Happy Birthday Kleio. Hope the family dinner goes well and you get the quiet evening that you would like.

Slimming World for me this morning and Pilates this evening. I have a hacking cough which I am hoping is allergy/hayfever related. Not covid as I have tested negative.
Luce

Post by Luce »

God, good luck to the GCSE parents. I can feel the pressure just for my year 10 kid at the moment so hope yours aren't falling over. Although, in typically bad timing, I realise I'll have the boys both doing their GCSEs and year 6 SATS at the same time next year. Gawd. Good luck to yours!

I'm unusually perky as I'm only at work today then have the rest of the week off. T is in North Carolina* all week, as per so I feel you Pip on the responsibility of keeping them fed AND happy! He's got at least 5 more similar trips coming up this year but I think we're getting into our groove with him being on a different continent so much!

*the only thing I know about this state is that it is Dawson's Creek which is the only fact needed, I reckon.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Happy birthday Kleio! I hope your day gets better x

I had to give up juggling builders and the cleaner and am just hoping it’ll be ok when I get home. Helpfully Mr C had rearranged the pellet delivery but unhelpfully he had not told me this, but at least that was one fewer thing to worry about!
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Happy birthday, Kleio!

Hope you feel better soon, Sal and Tex.

I am on my way home from work after what felt like the longest day ever :frolic: I want to sleep for at least a week.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Happy Birthday Kleio, I hope Cube thinks on, and you get to enjoy the rest of your day. My delightful son (22 and should know better) went to Greece on Wednesday and we hadn't heard a peep from him, not even in response to our birthday greetings to him on Saturday. I messaged him today to tell him he should text his Nana as she is worrying about him and he promised he would. He sent her a reply to a text she sent ( well I wrote it) on Wednesday asking he was there, saying ' Yes. warm and sunny here' . That will be all we hear til he returns I imagine. In total contrast, his sister would text when she got on the plane, when she got off the plane, when she got to her accomodation, and be sending multiple photos all day !

Hope you feel better soon Sal.

I also thought Chunk was heading off to China.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I think Chunk would probably have a grand old time.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Your photos were excellent Tex! I also thought Chunk was going to China.

I don’t think Cube will think on, apparently his dad is applying to schools near him and organising a move for Cube before the summer holidays so he starts Y11 there. He fully hates me and is spreading numerous lies. His siblings are devastated.

I’m just getting ready to leave for our meal. It’s so lovely out still.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I'm sorry about Cube. I guess you have to let him go?

It is lovely here still too. I wish I was going out for dinner but instead I'm gearing up to clean the bathroom. The carpenter used it to cut all the wood in at the weekend because it doesn't share a wall with either of our neighbours. It's SO dusty and disgusting I can't bear it another day.
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Post by Smunder Woman »

Sorry, Kleio, that sounds really hard. My friend had similar with her eldest when he was around 15, and it turned out to be a great move for all of them although horrible at the time.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

That sounds very hard, Kleio. I hope you're doing ok, and the kids too.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Oh Kleio. I can’t believe how tough that is for you and his siblings.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I'm sorry, Kleio. That sounds really difficult.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.