Indisputably Tuesday

Bat Macdui

Indisputably Tuesday

Post by Bat Macdui »

Morning. I'm on a train. :lg: It's raining. :lg: Can you tell I'm not inspired by my day so far? Still. 2.5 working days then a week off. I'm holding on to that. :))

May your days be more inspiring than mine. :))
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Re: Indisputably Tuesday

Post by Smunder Woman »

My day is not more inspiring. Sorry. :))
Glint

Post by Glint »

Morning you beauts! :flirt:

I’m listening to rain, birdsong and vehicles. I’m not sure if that’s much inspiration.

I hope you run into some excitement of the good, not inconvenient type.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Morning. I *think* it's stopped raining so I'm planning to risk it and walk to work.

Tuesdays are my least favourite day and I have a really busy day ahead.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Morning! Definitely still raining here. I’m off to school soon to help with SATs and then Mr Sax and I are going out for lunch to celebrate some good news. I have a new tutoring group starting later and also need to squeeze in an online training unit.

No GCSEs today so a chilled child has gone to school.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Morning all. Yes, rain back here today. WFH for me and hopefully taking a bottle of gin to friend this evening for a chat and a sip.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Morning. I woke up at 4.30am and a combination of a dirty stop out cat and checking Mr C’s flight meant no more sleep so I am already tired and want my bed. Instead I have to go out for a meal with work colleagues tonight but I am hoping I can leave early!

I have also just discovered that my Director has removed my catch up with him tomorrow and replaced it with a diary notification for a haircut :lg:
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Morning, it's an overcast and humid morning here. I am back from the gym, my arms are still shaking which made getting ready and eating breakfast interesting.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning! I had a terrible night's sleep and feel like a worn-out dishrag. It's raining here, too. However, I am taking my second son to lunch today for his birthday, which will be fun.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

I had a weird sleep too , with lots of waking up, including getting out of bed to let Arlo out.

Nothing much of interest going on here, my plans for the next couple of days are to finish jetwashing the drive, and tidy up the bushes / remaining weeds around it, Clean my car and clean youngest's room. The first two are dependent on the weather so I guess I will be cleaning the bedroom today. I'm not going through wardrobes or drawers, just removing obvious junk, cleaning skirtboards / dusting properly etc, taking the opportunity of him being away to give it a proper spring clean ( I warned him I was going to do it and told him to move anything I might not want to see).

Dog walk at lunchtime, Zumba this evening.

Nothing inspiring about my day I'm afraid, but on the plus side, I've just rechecked the forecast and it looks like it might remain dry all day.
isambard

Post by isambard »

Hello all.

Chicky: your director has a cheek!

I have quite a busy day today (work, Pilates, picking up Vinted parcels....), but after several days off in a row, I'm not complaining. My left thumb hurts like mad, though: I tore off a bit of loose skin last week and it won't stop bleeding, the slightest bit of pressure irritates it. I'm planning to make a poultice for it after my first workshop is over.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Chicky wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:27 am Morning. I woke up at 4.30am and a combination of a dirty stop out cat and checking Mr C’s flight meant no more sleep so I am already tired and want my bed. Instead I have to go out for a meal with work colleagues tonight but I am hoping I can leave early!

I have also just discovered that my Director has removed my catch up with him tomorrow and replaced it with a diary notification for a haircut :lg:
For you or him? :))

Seriously though, that is rude.

Day 4 in the house here, I feel a bit better but I think I have passed it onto J, he's got a temperature and a cough but has tested negative this morning. He's off work anyway.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

That is rude, but honestly, I'd rather not meet with any directors if I can help it.

That's good that you're feeling better. For some reason I've never tested positive immediately when I've had covid, it's always when I've turned a corner and feeling better.

Nothing inspiring here either. I've arranged travel stuff for my overnight in Rothesay at the weekend and roped my mum and MIni into dog sitting for two days when I'm in Spain at the end of the month. Just need to write that presentation :fish:
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
dizzyd
Englebert Humperdizz

Post by dizzyd »

Morning all very inspiring here as well

Tuesday is mother daughter day so I've taken her shopping we're now at the chiropodist both of us then heading into Liverpool city centre to pick up our glasses and have some lunch

It's grey and miserable here

Enjoy your celebratory lunch Cerise

Busy day isambard
My nail blog - you can also link to my instagram account through there
http://naildart.blogspot.co.uk
sally maclennane

Duophonic wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:27 am That is rude, but honestly, I'd rather not meet with any directors if I can help it.

That's good that you're feeling better. For some reason I've never tested positive immediately when I've had covid, it's always when I've turned a corner and feeling better.
I tested positive on Saturday (my symptoms started on Thursday) but as we don't have a spare bed just now, we've not really been able to stay apart much. J was fine till last night but he's asleep just now and the only other time I've known him to sleep so much is when he had it before.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I am quite offended given I’d emailed him last week with a paper I needed to discuss at the catch up and he’d changed his appointment after that :verm: he’s now deigned to meet me later in the day and also made his morning appointments private in his diary (just as well I got a screenshot before he had :shh: )

Hope you and J feel better soon Sal.
rosy

Post by rosy »

It’s quite rude of him IMO, Chicky.

Lunch with P was eventful - we were chatting nonsense about films and we heard someone choking! Nobody seemed to know what to do so I ran and thumped this poor elderly woman hard on the back (as per first aid training) and thankfully she coughed up the obstruction after the third try. I took her outside to get some fresh air and help her calm her breathing, and then her friends came to take over, so I went back to my lunch but I was shaking and when the adrenaline receded I felt weird and ended up throwing up my (lovely) lunch. I think that restaurants really ought to have a designated first-aider on staff but I suppose they can’t always guarantee it.

I still feel a bit shaky and trembly but I’m home now, and I suspect the poor lady is feeling even shakier than me.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Rosy- what a hero you are. Well done!
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Woah, what a day. I’m glad you were able to leap into action rosy.

That is so rude, Chicky. And kind of hilarious, sorry.

I’ve been teaching all day but had a couple of moments where I completely lost the thread, and it was a bit scary. I had a proper hot flush last night too I think.

Just got home as the only responsible adult on-site to find the kids punching each other and one of the smoke alarms beeping that it needed its battery replacing. I have dealt with both issues. And the tooth fairy had to do a bank transfer to Chunk after one of his molars finally came out in pieces yesterday. The adult tooth was already fully through and the baby one had been hanging on. I hate baby teeth, so I’ve binned it.
sally maclennane

Rosy, how scary but well done you!