Online Prescription

Ruby

Online Prescription

Post by Ruby »

Does anyone use an online pharmacy for repeat prescriptions?

Every time I have to pick up a prescription, it's never ready. I have to wait for ages in the chemist's, even though I ordered it ten days before. I can't work out why it's now so bad. I've just stood there for 30 mins with a phone ringing constantly, which they never answered. A deaf man was playing videos at full volume on his phone. :twitch: I feel like I've been through a stress test.

I want to try an online pharmacy but I'm wary about just spending hours waiting at the post office instead. How have people found it? Do they have missing items - I have good estrogel availability at the moment and I don't want to end up with supply issues?
kiwi

Re: Online Prescription

Post by kiwi »

I use a local Day Lewis pharmacy that has a collection box thing where they leave your prescription. So I order repeat scripts on the NHS app from my surgery and they send it over to the pharmacy to process. Is that an option for you?
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

I've used these for several years: https://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/sharing
It was a little tricky to set up originally but is very easy to use and I've never failed to get my medications on time.

If you have the NHS app I believe you can order your repeat prescriptions via that too.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

They arrive by post and will fit through your letterbox so you don't even need to be home.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

kiwi wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:43 pm I use a local Day Lewis pharmacy that has a collection box thing where they leave your prescription. So I order repeat scripts on the NHS app from my surgery and they send it over to the pharmacy to process. Is that an option for you?
That's what I do, Kiwi. I just order on an app and they send it to the pharmacy "after 2 working days" and then I can pick it up. I do all of this about 10 days before I actually need new meds and then I have to wait every. single. time. I don't know if the problem is the doctor or the pharmacy.
Ruby

Post by Ruby »

Arrietty wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:44 pm I've used these for several years: https://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/sharing
It was a little tricky to set up originally but is very easy to use and I've never failed to get my medications on time.

If you have the NHS app I believe you can order your repeat prescriptions via that too.
Thanks, this is who I was looking at.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

Ah sorry, got the wrong end of the stick! Although with the collection box you get a text and a code when it's ready so no hanging around or queuing, and it's outside the pharmacy so I can go anytime to collect.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

I feel your rage Ruby - my pharmacy is the same, only they never, ever have all my meds in stock, even though I leave them several days to, you know, order them in and shit, so I always have to go back to pick up the rest. That, and they are still bloody closed 'for deep cleaning' between 1 and 2 every weekday which I've been caught out more than once by.

Mr P has used the online ones before with no issues, but he was working from home so never had the problem with not being in. They were efficient from memory.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I used one of them and they were absolutely dreadful, if something was missed off they couldn't issue another, the contents were often wrong and they were never on time.

I reverted to the chemist but moved to a decent one.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I think this would suit C too. Our surgery & the next door pharmacy are bloody awful.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

It's two weeks wait between my surgery sending my repeat prescription to the pharmacy and them dispensing it here. The GP will only issue eight weeks worth at a time as well so it's a right old song and dance especially if I'm going away and will be away when my meds run out
Bendywendywoo

Post by Bendywendywoo »

I use Pharmacy2u and they are insanely good. If I order my meds tonight, they'll be here on Wednesday. Obviously a good GP surgery plays a big part in that.
Heartsick.blog
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Ruby wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:49 pm
Arrietty wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 5:44 pm I've used these for several years: https://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/sharing

Thanks, this is who I was looking at.
I think I use these, or the Royal Mail health people if they are different. Fuck going to the actual chemist.
Malan
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Another vote for Pharmacy 2you. I started using them in Covid when the assistant in Boots (the daughter of a friend) moaned constantly about having to work when others were furloughed, and the service was utterly dire. M used to go for my inhalers and thyroid meds and as often as not they weren’t ready, despite the fact that sales of shampoo and other things people would usually pick up in a pharmacy weren’t being sold. Covid had no cure, so it’s not as though people were crowding the place looking for medication for that.

Anyway I found P2U reliable and have stuck with them. The only criticism I have is that their email reminder service is always out of sync so I get a lot of messages telling me to order items URGENTLY!!! when I have more than enough of them.
Arrietty

Post by Arrietty »

I have that exact same issue with the reminders :lol: . I have tried to amend the timings of them but nope, it always sends a reminder about two weeks before I need anything.
Margo

Post by Margo »

I signed up for the one which Lloyds Pharmacy ran; they were awful. I take quite a few medications and although I’d tick them all online they’d send me a selection but not all. Getting the rest was SO painful that I gave up and cancelled it.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I think mine was Lloyds, Margo. It was absolutely terrible.

I do also worry if these services cost the NHS, I can't really see how they don't.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

The NHS pays all pharmacies a fee for dispensing prescriptions. I vaguely remember Mr D saying it's around £10 per script.

I don't think these type of online pharmacies work in Scotland but Mr D phones my surgery and gets Boots to collect it on their rounds, I then get a text message to tell me it's in.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing