Walk on, Wednesday.

TracyA

Walk on, Wednesday.

Post by TracyA »

Morning all, what's going on in your day?

I've just had a late breakfast (toast and home made jam), and am about to hang washing out and put more in , as it appears to be sunny. I'm off to meet a friend for a walk through the woods in a bit, then we are going for lunch. We have a choice of 2 cafes. A tried and tested one, and one that used to just be for staff at County Hall, but has opened to the public, it's supposed to be really good, but I will have Arlo, so need to check if dogs are allowed. If not, the other one will be fine, and I know I can buy a single sausage to keep Arlo quiet.

This afternoon, I will finish making order in youngest's bedroom, and hopefully get a bit of 'pruning' and weeding done at the front of the house. Then it's Bodypump tonight.
sally maclennane

Re: Walk on, Wednesday.

Post by sally maclennane »

Lovely Arlo and his single sausage :love:

I'm still off sick, but hopefully improving. I spoke to my boss this morning so I think I might WFH tomorrow and Friday.

I'm eating toast with peanut butter just now and watching Frasier.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning! I had another terrible night's sleep and I appear to have dressed myself as a mime. :lol:

It's a bit overcast here, with heavy rain forecast later, but I don't think I need to go out anywhere. I might make some scones :ready:
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Red

Post by Red »

Arlo's single sausage - too cute!

Morning. Payday here so I've just spend a brilliant few minutes moving money around to pay for various bills. I need a payday treat of some description.
WFH today and loads to be getting on with so I'll put a wash on and get back to the grind.

Hope you start to feel loads better soon, Sal.
Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

I got up early today. I'd planned to go to knitting, but it's raining so I'm not bothering. I need to tidy up and make a pepper sauce. I roasted peppers on Monday, so if I don't do it today they'll end up in the bin. I spent ages earlier picking up peppercorns from the kitchen floor :ella:. I got new grinders from the Le Creuset outlet shop at the weekend, and decanted from the old one without considering that as it was bigger the peppercorns wouldn't all fit. I despair at myself at times :lol:. I hope I've got them all, as I suspect that standing on them with bare feet will not be pleasant.

I'm waiting to hear whether the car has passed its MOT. I hope so, as I lost a filling at the weekend, and if I'm going to get sedated to have it fixed (I need other work doing so would get it all done together) I'll need a lift home. M thinks there is something that will need fixing though, so I'm counting no chickens.

Get well soon, Sal. And can we have a photo of your outfit, rosy? :))
rosy

Post by rosy »

Just imagine a short fat ginger Marcel Marceau!

I hope you start to feel better soon, Sal.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Hello.

I am having an absolute arsehole of a day so far. I fucking hate people, they are such fucking morons.

Luckily I am off out for a curry later, which should be nice.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Afternoon.

Arlo :love:

I went for my walk this morning - it's quite lovely as there are a group of people who are out at the same time and we stop for a chat and a scratch of dog's ears.

I have had a very quiet morning at work. So much so that I have managed to get most of the life admin I needed to do, done.

I hope you start to feel better soon sal and that your day gets better, Alan.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

A curry at the end of a rubbish day sounds like a very good idea, hope the rest of the day improves TC .

Sal, hope you are in the mend.

Nothing exciting for me, just work and a bit of decluttering after work. I need to call my mum tonight who no doubt complain that I haven't spoken to her in ages but will have forgotten I was on holiday last week :ella:
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Hello! Tell us about your payday treat once decided Red.

I’m waiting for the bus to Bath, where I’ll then start my 3-train journey to Liverpool. I’m attending a conference tomorrow and then heading back, and I don’t think I could have done it by public transport in a day (neither logistically nor mentally :lol: ). So I have a cheap non-expensed windowless hotel room to look forward to.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Why do you have to pay for the hotel when you're away from your usual site, wendy? is it because they would argue you would have had time to travel on the day of?

I am in the office, for better "team" working, only my existing team is getting split into two new projects, and of the handful of us in my new project, no-one else has come in today, and the people on the other project have gone to sit together a couple of desk banks away, so I'm pretty much on my tod.

I have awkwardly timed calls this afternoon meaning I can't go home before 4 at the earliest, and then I'd have to come back pretty much over to where I am for a drum rehearsal at 7, so I will slog it out here and then go for a browse in the retail park after work.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Will you get something good for dinner at least, Hippy?

I'm soothing myself with a blueberry bagel and strawberry cream cheese. I was sitting inputting some data and a tick fell out of my hair and plopped onto the table. Good outcome, yes, but horrifying nonetheless.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

*gnah* that caused a full body shudder from me, Little My!

There's a Sainsbury's, an Asda and a LIDL all in close proximity to my office so I will grab something to eat in between work and drumming, thanks for asking though!
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Topcat wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:42 am Hello.

I am having an absolute arsehole of a day so far. I fucking hate people, they are such fucking morons.

Luckily I am off out for a curry later, which should be nice.
Cheer up Mog. Here's a brain teaser for you :))

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 15.43.43.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Morganna

Post by Morganna »

Aargh! A tick :cry:
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I think I worked that one out Morgs. :))
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Arlo had his sausage and a pupiccino.

Urgh to the tick !
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Where did you go Trace?

Urgh, the tick! I watched a bit on telly last week about removing them and it was squickily awful. :panic:

I’ve had the longest past two days and am totally exhausted. It was really hot this afternoon too and I had to fan myself through listening to doctors trying to tell me about AI and cricket (badly).
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Just round our local woods - I do it at least twice a week but it was nice to have company !

It was really hot today despite the forecast saying otherwise !
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Sorry, I meant which cafe won out?