Outfit planning

Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Outfit planning

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

When/how do you decide what to wear for the day? Are you the type to lay clothes out for tomorrow?

I think I usually decide the night before but don’t generally get anything out of the wardrobe unless I’m leaving at the crack of dawn. I quite often decide while showering in the morning too.

I’d do an Alan style poll but I can’t be bothered.
wendy james

Re: Outfit planning

Post by wendy james »

I often do get my clothes out ready but that’s habit from years of not wanting to disturb P. I put them with my gym clothes out on the landing, but he’s up before I need them a lot more now.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I just decide that morning. I never plan ahead unless it’s an event. But even then I’d have options and only decide in the actual day!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I quite often have a vague plan for the week, knowing what I've got on. I'll go smarter for meetings in schools or with other external organisations, more casual if I'm in my own office.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Oh man, unless there is something special going on (e.g. a formal meeting or event, or an early flight which = my flying pyjamas outfit), then I am usually a day of person. I wish I weren’t :lol: My decision making is entirely led by delicate calculations incorporating the weather, footwear choice, how much walking I have to do, and how bloated I feel/look :perky:
isambard

Post by isambard »

Same as Epp and Emma. I decide on the day itself, based on my weight, how active I'm planning to be, weather... as Epp said. For a wedding or event, I'll decide or have an idea beforehand, obviously.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I'm like Em and Epp as well. I have a rough idea but it's very much based on my mood on the day. For events (weekends away, conference, holidays) then I will plan ahead.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

I had 2 outfit changes this morning :))

Also, If I have anything new want to wear it right away. I had to wait to wear the sezane dresses because of the weather and now I want to wear them every day :love:

Although I'm regretting my choice now though as I've got chilly legs.
Last edited by emma_p on Thu May 16, 2024 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

I barely leave the house during the week save for the odd school run, so usually throw on jeans and a jumper/t-shirt.

When I used to go into the office I would lay clothes out the night before to save any decision paralysis :lol:

At the weekend there’s not usually a rush so I’d probably have in my head vague ideas and try a couple of things on and see what suits.
Skips

Post by Skips »

I do it the night before. Partially so I don't disturb J, partially to make things a bit quicker in the morning.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I only leave the house midweek to walk the dog so I'm in an amazing array of activewear. As soon as I went remote working it made up the majority of my wardrobe.

If I have an event I'll plan what to wear but other than that it's a grab and go start the day type of dressing.

I'm in jeans and a sweatshirt now as I took Mr D to work, walked Innes and I have to take him to the Vet Hospital for a check up so thought I'd wear what I'm planning to wear the majority of the day from the get go. I'll change to activewear later to pick Mr D up from work as I'll run home.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

Duophonic wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:49 am I only leave the house midweek to walk the dog so I'm in an amazing array of activewear. As soon as I went remote working it made up the majority of my wardrobe.

If I have an event I'll plan what to wear but other than that it's a grab and go start the day type of dressing.
Basically this. Winter is thermal leggings and fluffy warm fleeces, summer is t-shirts and shorts, spring and autumn is weather dependent but usually active wear.

If I have to go out and meet someone then I lay the clothes out the night before.

Edit. Even when I was working out 5 days a week, I had my own "uniform" to make things easier. Same style top and a skirt.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.