Friday!

Luna

Friday!

Post by Luna »

I’ve not started a daily for ages due to feeling completely crackers of late. So in celebration of turning a new leaf on that shit, here we are :perky:

The sun is out, washing is on the line and in the machine. Sun is trying to shine and I need to eat something but I don’t know what. Maybe scrambled eggs. My friend is coming over later to stick needles ( acupuncture ones) in me.
sally maclennane

Re: Friday!

Post by sally maclennane »

Morning Luna, glad to hear you're feeling better. You sound like you've had a difficult time.

I'm working this morning and I have a meeting with my boss. I'm still WFH and I'm on leave this afternoon. I have a hospital appointment bit they said I was fine to come along when I checked. They asked if I'd wear a mask so I'll dig one out.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

That’s a strong start Luna! Glad you are feeling better.

Hope you are feeling better too, Sal. I caught something on my flight home and it’s knocked me about for over a week. It wasn’t Covid but felt just as grotty. No one else caught it so I guess I can thank my poor immune system due to only ever sitting in my house for that one.

I have a couple of meetings and inbetween that I have packing and prep for the weekend as we are going away in Norman :love: the boys don’t know so we will surprise them tomorrow.

I need to make ultimate chilli so it is ready for tomorrow night. :ready:
Luna

Post by Luna »

Not gonna lie Sal, it’s been shit. Anyway hope your lurgy fucks off soon. Us Pisceans are going through the mill healthwise at the moment.

I’ve just done a face mask and slapped Neals Yard stuff on because it feels like an age that I’ve cared about doing that.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I’m glad you’ve turned a corner Luna. Hope the acupuncture helps too.

Finally, a day off! I am trying to catch up with laundry as I couldn’t do my usual WFH day this week (and probably can’t next week either). I need to go a up a ladder later and check out the gutters because they were overflowing into a plant pot last night.

Just taken Squeak to school, with her hype song blaring in the car. I have wished her “good skillz, good knowledge” because she said she didn’t need luck last week.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

How's she finding it all Pip? I had a brief chat with a friend's daughter the other day who is doing her exams too and it sounds stressful.

If I'd known my neck/shoulder would be painful this morning, I'd have turned my gym alarm off. I'd have only got an extra 25 minutes, but I think I would have appreciated them!

I have tonnes to do today as I'm to finish at 1.30. And a colleague in the US decided she needs me on a project that starts Monday so wants to speak today. That'll be an early call for her. :lol:
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Morning. It is very sunny here and I am in a cafe waiting for a coffee and an espresso martini muffin.

I’m glad everyone seems to be feeling better.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

She’s as prepared as she can be, and I think she’s coping pretty well, but it’s been hard. She’s had highs and lows coming out of exams. I am trying not to question her too closely about anything because she doesn’t respond well to that, so I am limiting my role to making snacks available at all times and letting her use my office desk.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Glad people are on the mend and that exams are going ok.

Non-working day today so I’m lounging around before going to meet a friend for coffee and then I have a choir rehearsal this evening.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Sal, Luna, Pov (and any other ill turtles) that I hope you are all fighting fit very soon.

It's a grey start here and just another day of work for me. Operation declutter commences day with me scanning all my CDs/DVDs to find out which ones I can sell.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Everybody I know who has recently flown has come back with a lurgy
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

Morning! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better Luna. You too Sal and Morri.

It's lovely and sunny here, it's my day off and I'm responsibility free until 5:30 as Liv is going to a party straight after school :perky:

I'm kicking the morning off by walking to the wood floor place to purchase a single floorboard :lol:
Luna

Post by Luna »

Does anyone know how you set an hourly reminder to stand and move in an iPhone? Is there something in the health section. I want to avoid 12 alarms if possible. Am I imagining this happening a a function??
My legs are weak and wobbly but I need to be reminded to move about otherwise I’ll just sit.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

The fitness app does it but I think you need an Apple Watch to actually get the reminders? Otherwise there are some downloadable apps that do the same thing - a search for “stand up” shows a few.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Morning, Glad you are feeling more human Luna, and I hope your slightly longer weekend aids your recovery Sal !

Is Norman a camper van Pov?

I'm having breakfast then I'm off to a gym class. A few of our gym regulars seem to have become certified in various Les Mills classes recently, and they have to do a recorded class as part of this. It's the instructor who is recorded, not the participants. I've done a couple before, and volunteered for the Dance one at lunchtime.

My Mum has requested a trip to Tesco this afternoon, then I have to pack for a few days away.

Good luck to Squeak, and any other exam takers.
Luna

Post by Luna »

Chicky wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:12 am The fitness app does it but I think you need an Apple Watch to actually get the reminders? Otherwise there are some downloadable apps that do the same thing - a search for “stand up” shows a few.
I thought this might be the case. I’m not getting an Apple Watch ..
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

TracyA wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:37 am Is Norman a camper van Pov?

He is! He is quite elderly (52 this year) but a happy chap regardless. We named him after his original owner. The boys absolutely love pootling about in and we have all the gear and no idea :mog:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Luna

Post by Luna »

He’s beautiful!
rosy

Post by rosy »

That sounds great fun, Pov!

I hope all the poorly folk feel better soon.

I've been to get my roots done and now I'm going to watch cars driving in circles while doing life admin and shredding (paper, not body!).
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Little My

Post by Little My »

Norman looks cheerful!

I'm glad everyone is getting back on their feet.

I can definitely relate to dealing with teenage mood swings. R is having a pretty good week and a pretty bad week all at the same time. Not least of all because her best friend has an all-encompassing new (first) bf, and she is being ditched quite a lot. I feel so bad for her. I'm glad we have a long weekend coming up.

It's a rainy day here, and I have a long To Do list. But first, coffee..