Shall we do an election / Nutsak out thread?

kiwi

Re: Shall we do an election / Nutsak out thread?

Post by kiwi »

Here we go then! I immediately messaged my boss booking July 5th off so that I can pull an all nighter and hopefully see some Portillo Moments.

For the spreadsheet if anyone has one, I will be voting Lib Dem as it's either Blue or Yellow in these parts, no-one else gets a look in. And the Lib Dem guy is a pretty good local MP when he is in. And still involved in the community when he's not to be fair.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I don't know if it was Steve Bray blasting that music but if it was he has now become even more legendary in my eyes. :lol:
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

I haven't watched the actual announcement yet, but with that and the pissing rain I can imagine a quality moment. :))
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

It was the Nutsak equivalent of Rudi Gulliani standing outside of the Four Seasons Garden Centre.

Beautiful.
kiwi

Post by kiwi »

:lol:

It was Steve Bray playing the music apparently. He has now been banned from protesting in every street around parliament. :lol:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

The man deserves an honour.
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

It was such an amazing moment.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

I completely tuned out of what he was saying and into the ‘97 vibe.
Turtle Bean

Post by Turtle Bean »

I will be voting Labour as I would vote for the devil to get rid of the Tories and I will now be turning the news off untill July 5th otherwise I will have a nervous breakdown.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I think it wil be one of those defining moments. A Tory wet getting wetter by the second and struggling to be heard over Steve Bray's sound system.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:11 pm The man deserves an honour.
Irie. :)

I shall be back in the UK in June and I shall be leafletting for the candidates who are taking on Gove and Hunt, I reckon. No need to try and beat Raab, he's stepping down. Bring it on!
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Steve Bray is a legend!

There are stories tonight that there are Tories sending letters of no confidence in order to get Rishi removed and the election cancelled.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I’ve seen stories that he called it in response to letters going in. There seems to be some debate about whether there can be a vote of no confidence if parliament isn’t sitting.
rosy

Post by rosy »

https://x.com/christopherhope/status/17 ... 5203456276
Wow! Extraordinary but true - some furious Conservative MPs are tonight working on a plot to CALL OFF the general election by replacing Rishi Sunak as leader before Parliament is dissolved next Thursday.
One rebel Tory MP tells me he believes “several” more letters of no confidence in Sunak have been submitted to 1922 chairman Sir Graham Brady.
The senior Conservative MP told me: “Today has clearly been an absolute disaster but the election is NOT irrevocable; up until the point of the Dissolution of Parliament - when the writs are moved to begin the contests, it can still be aborted.
“In other words, if enough Tory MPs, who are clearly going to lose their seats in this already utterly shambolic campaign, write to Sir Graham Brady, tomorrow , the election could still be revoked.”
Can you imagine anyone in the country saying "oops his bad, no election just yet, was gonna vote for Kier but now I'll vote Tory when it does happen".
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

There is no way a leadership contest can be fought and then the election stopped before Parliament is dissolved. This is desperate bullshit from pricks that shill for the Telegraph and Mail.

From what I have read today (Bats will put me right if this isn't), Parliament has to be dissolved 25 working days before the election which gives them about a week, maybe to get everything stopped?
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

rosy wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:55 pm https://x.com/christopherhope/status/17 ... 5203456276
Wow! Extraordinary but true - some furious Conservative MPs are tonight working on a plot to CALL OFF the general election by replacing Rishi Sunak as leader before Parliament is dissolved next Thursday.
One rebel Tory MP tells me he believes “several” more letters of no confidence in Sunak have been submitted to 1922 chairman Sir Graham Brady.
The senior Conservative MP told me: “Today has clearly been an absolute disaster but the election is NOT irrevocable; up until the point of the Dissolution of Parliament - when the writs are moved to begin the contests, it can still be aborted.
“In other words, if enough Tory MPs, who are clearly going to lose their seats in this already utterly shambolic campaign, write to Sir Graham Brady, tomorrow , the election could still be revoked.”
Can you imagine anyone in the country saying "oops his bad, no election just yet, was gonna vote for Kier but now I'll vote Tory when it does happen".
Ah yes, and twats at GBeebies pedalling bullshit too.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

I mean nothing would surprise me about these bellends to be honest.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

I am on holiday 4 July so I have immediately applied for a postal vote for this one, as I do not want to miss my opportunity to vote against this appalling government.
Rebel Pebble

Post by Rebel Pebble »

I'm going on holiday on 5th July so while I can vote in person I can't stay up till dawn drinking all the booze and shouting at the telly. I have mild PTSD from last time anyway, where at about 3am I decided I needed to move to NZ.

I'm still not happy with Labour's attitude to sex based rights and the Lib Dems are even worse but I'll be holding my nose and voting Lib Dem. Any of their candidates show up, however, and they will get a warning mouthful about Mridhul Wahdwa etc. And I won't rejoin the party or give them any money.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I am so worried about this.

I will be voting Labour - I need to find out who our MP will be as ours is apparently standing down. I think voting anything else would be a wasted vote, however, I'm not sure if it's just my area, the things I read or whether it's "who shouts loudest" but I see a lot of Reform UK noise from people which just worries the crap out of me.

I read a post somewhere about the upcoming election and the amount of people who seem to support them is appalling and the number of people saying they won't vote because they are "all as.bad as one another" is giving me Brexit vibes.

I am not going to read anymore or watch the news. But I will vote.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.