Shall we do an election / Nutsak out thread?

Rebel Pebble

Re: Shall we do an election / Nutsak out thread?

Post by Rebel Pebble »

Anyone shouting about voting Reform around here is likely to have voted Tory last time so I'm all for encouraging the racist tossers to crack on. They'll never get enough votes to get in.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Tactical voting could get a bit risky here. The boundaries have changed so we’ve lost a lot of the traditional Tory farm vote from the Somerton area but whether that’s enough to give anyone except the LibDems a chance is debatable. There’s a strong green presence in Frome but I don’t know how far it extends.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

I suspect that despite all of the polls suggesting that he could lose, the ever despicable JRM will retain his seat. I haven't seen a single poll that puts him more than 4% behind his opponent.

People do genuinely like him a constituency MP (sickeningly, he does seem to do a good job), plus there are one or two farms dotted about North East Somerset.

With regard to the election, Labour will win it. Even if Reform do as I expect and withdraw at the last minute, it isn't enough for these scumbags in charge to catch up. People have genuinely had enough of this "brand" of Conservatism.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

After the public voting in a very dodgy Tory mayor 'round here and the hatred lots of people have for our Labour candidate I have absolutely no hope that we'll get rid of Jacob Young or Wishi Tsunami*.

*My mum is really bad with names and recalling them accurately. She took a stab at his one day and this is what she genuinely came up with.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’m no longer in JRM’s constituency due to the boundary change that Tex mentions. I need to look into it a bit more to know who best to vote for.
Skips

Post by Skips »

Labour are the only real contender here (Lib Dems aren't putting anyone forward) so I will vote for them. Hopefully J will also.
Tsu

Post by Tsu »

We've had a boundary change too but I think we'll be changing one Tory for another.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Having always lived in Labour strongholds before I'm now in a Tory stronghold which has had the same MP since 1992. :lol: I doubt he's going anywhere.
Protected by the ejaculation of serpents
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

And as I say that, this pops up on Twitter. Maybe there is a chance that the haunted dildo will be kicked into touch.

vote.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

wendy james wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:15 pm I’m no longer in JRM’s constituency due to the boundary change that Tex mentions. I need to look into it a bit more to know who best to vote for.
Are you in with us now?
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Despite the fact that my MP is Labour, the tactical voting website this morning still had its recommendation set to TBC.

https://tacticalvote.co.uk/#

Is anyone else getting a recommendation yet or have they reset everything to TBC pending an update?
Last edited by H1ppychick on Thu May 23, 2024 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rosy

Post by rosy »

H1ppychick wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:42 pm Despite the fact that my MP is Labour, the tactical voting website this morning still had its recommendation set to TBC this morning.

https://tacticalvote.co.uk/#

Is anyone else getting a recommendation yet or have they reset everything to TBC pending an update?
Mine's TBC at the moment, as are a few more I checked at random.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

Texaco Shirley wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:08 pm
wendy james wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:15 pm I’m no longer in JRM’s constituency due to the boundary change that Tex mentions. I need to look into it a bit more to know who best to vote for.
Are you in with us now?
Yep, and also TBC re voting guidance (which I expected due to it being a new constituency but sounds like it's global?).
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

And mine too.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I've just had an email from tactical voting saying that they've been working on their systems so that might be why.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Someone mentioned in a meeting that Labour still have 100 candidates left to announce, so I imagine that will be hot on the to-do list this week.

I'm another one affected by boundary changes, and I've moved constituencies since the last general election as well so I need to look into all this - I think I will go to the local hustings if I can as I have a couple of questions to ask - mainly to do with how the candidates are going to balance the needs of our constituency as we're split between inner and outer London now.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Electoral calculus prediction. No idea what I’m supposed to do with that. I assume the 2019 results are the old constituency.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
wendy james

Post by wendy james »

I’d hope it’s based on the results of the wards that make up the new consistency?
rosy

Post by rosy »

No, those random men in hi-vis were not planted in the audience, how could you doubt Sunak’s integrity like that?

https://bylinetimes.com/2024/05/23/rish ... ary-voter/
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

wendy james wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:14 pm I’d hope it’s based on the results of the wards that make up the new consistency?
That would make more sense :))