Thursday can only get better

Popprincess

Thursday can only get better

Post by Popprincess »

Morning all (just). I am laughing at all the online jokes and memes from yesterday’s announcement. Although I have done some other things as well :))

What are you doing?
Ginger wrote:God yes. It's like a Norse epic written by a Moomin.
Kleio

Re: Thursday can only get better

Post by Kleio »

I've spent quite a bit of time chuckling at those too. I've needed it as my newsfeed is full of the little girl who has died following a mudslide at a residential place just up the road. It's been around for decades and everyone who lives here, if they've done a residential, has gone there with their school at some point. Elf chose not to go on his residential but the rest of his class has and Facebook is full of pictures the parents are being sent interspersed with all our local news showing her photo. I'm already feeling a bit weepy at the moment and it tipped me over the edge.

What I'm about to do is go and collect my Mum then I need to get food, print out some earring cards, make some stock for the weekend, pick up Elf, do dinner and go and see A this evening.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

G'day gang.

I was two hours late into the office after a hypo but that is about as exciting as my news gets really. *exciting*
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Morning, today has got to be better than yesterday.

I've been at my friend's in Cumbria since Saturday helping her move. We did it all ourselves, with a bit of help on Sat/Sun from her girls and their fellas. I've left her with a kitchen/ lounge and bedroom she can live in whilst she clears everything else up gradually. She is an expert white van driver now, and we have moved so much stuff, done multiple tip runs and visited a charity shop multiple times! As a thank you from the universe, I crashed into the back of a van (converted motorhome) on my way home in the p'ing rain on the M6 yesterday, ironically, I think I was distracted by a notification on my satnav to turn off because there had been multiple crashes, just as the traffic slowed. The van has a bit of a hole in the rear where my number plate ended up, his lights are out and there's some other damage , my bonnet and wings are totally crumpled. Not sure if there is any engine damage, it was driveable as I was able to pull onto the hard shoulder. The insurance company were really helpful, the first person told us that the car and I would both be taken to our home address, the next person told us that the car would be stored overnight and I would be taken to a safe place, ie a transport hub , and then someone else advised that id we had broken down we would have been taken home, but not if it was an accident! Anyway, no-one was hurt, the guy whose van it was was really nice about it and the recovery guy who took my car to storage, took me to their office, arranged a taxi that would take me the 90 miles home and took me to a cash point so I could actually pay him. The taxi guy was super entertaining too, so I think that stopped me stressing out.

I've spent most of today talking to my insurers, and am awaiting a call from a local garage once it's arrived there and been checked over. I'm really hoping it isn't written off, I love my little mini. I have a slightly achey back, but I've had that for a few days due to the heavy lifting, and my neck and chest are aching a bit, so I think I will take it relatively easy today !
Popprincess

Post by Popprincess »

Oh Kleio I’m sorry. I was reading about that in the news earlier, so awful.

TC - I hope your Thursday does indeed get better after that start.
Popprincess

Post by Popprincess »

Blimey Tracy - glad you are all ok at least. Definitely take it easy today!
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Cheers Pop. All ok now and I am happily sitting in the office staring at the fucking walls because I have done everything that I needed to get done.

Fun times.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Gosh, Tracy! I'm glad you are OK. I hope you are recovering, TC, and how awful, Kleio.

I've been to Matlock in the rain, and this afternoon I have no plans whatsoever, although there are some F3 and F2 cars to watch from Monaco.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

I hope Thursday gets better for you all.

I read that in the news Kleio, so sad.

I hope you're not too shaken up Mog and Tracey. I once went into the back of someone on a motorway in the pissing rain, they didn't have their lights on and cut in front of me. I only saw them when they braked hard, my braking didn't have any effect. Anyway, the front of my car was caved in, no visible damage to their brand new car, I went to get my insurance details from the glove box (before everyone had phones) and they'd fled the scene. Never heard a thing about it.

I had a delivery of two new sports bras, expensive ones and I've accidentally made a cut through one of the shoulder straps. Total first world problem but I'm so annoyed at myself.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

Aren't hypo's pretty bloody dangerous TC?

I'm glad you're not injured Tracey but do take care of yourself in case shock sets in.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Yes, they are dangerous if they aren't caught in time but we have technology on our side these days and I have experience of them, so tend to catch them before they get too bad. They don't make you feel great though, and you aren't allowed to drive for a couple of hours after the event just in case you go down again.

A nice early night tonight will set me straight again, I'm sure.

Crikey Tracy, I do hope everyone is ok!
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

Sorry to hear about your rough times TC and TracyA.

I can join the club to a lesser extent because I went out to my car this morning and some scumbag had screwdrivered the driver's lock in the middle of the night and rifled through the cabin and boot. Slightly insultingly nothing was apparently taken, they turned their noses up at my yoga mats and reusable shoppers, my 15-year old iPod and my random CDs.

I have reported via the A&S Police website, I'm waiting on a crime number to come back by email before I can take it forwards with insurance. I will check in with my usual garage later to see if I can pop in for an estimate to repair, and if it's not worth going via insurance I will see if there's any chance they can do it next week whilst the car is already booked in for some work on the rear suspension.

In other news, work is boring as hell. The new project I'm on is starting up and it's all a bit wishy-washy and indeterminate so I'm left kind of floundering in a sea of 'meh'.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Sorry my post was all Me, me, me !! I'm ok, thanks, just a few aches and pains.

Kleio, I'd seen that news story, and was really saddened when I heard it was a child, was it Carlton Camp ? My school used to go there too, but I didn't take the offer up, I think my older sister did though.

TC, seems mad that you went to work after that , hope you are ok.

Ah Hippy thats rough, does that mean you can't lock it ?
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

That sounds really scary and stressful Tracy. I hope your car can be fixed quickly & easily.

I’ve done my big presentation that I’d been fretting about all week. Now I’m going to go in search of chocolate & flop.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

TracyA wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:39 pm Kleio, I'd seen that news story, and was really saddened when I heard it was a child, was it Carlton Camp ? My school used to go there too, but I didn't take the offer up, I think my older sister did though.
Yeah, it was Carlton Camp. They were just near Carlton Bank on a walk and I'm assuming part of that gave way.
H1ppychick

Post by H1ppychick »

TracyA wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 2:39 pm Ah Hippy thats rough, does that mean you can't lock it ?
I think it's locked - the wing mirrors tucked in - but now I think I want to head home from the office just in case.

I called the garage and will take it in for an estimate tomorrow, but I suspect it may be an insurance job as it might need the door panel replacing plus lock(s).

That landslip story is scary, I hope your community is doing OK Kleio.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

I hope you are all OK tracey and you too Kleio.

It must be the week for car incidents as someone ploughed into the back of my daughter's car on Sunday. Got it all sorted with the insurance, was going to pick up a hire car yesterday and someone had an accident which meant she was a bit late in picking it up becuase of the traffic and was panicking then this morning someone went into the back of a car in front of her on the motorway!! She is desperate for this week to be over!

I found out last night that my aunt passed away - she was ever present during my childhood and teenage years, more so than my own mother at times but we haven't seen each other for such a long time. There's not going to be a funeral as she didn't want one so I'll raise a glass to her this weekend. I have so many fond memories of her.

Anyway, its been dull and miserable here today and I am going running later.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Popprincess

Post by Popprincess »

I am very sorry about your aunt, Bramble.
rosy

Post by rosy »

I'm sorry for your loss, Bramble.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

I am just catching up after a very long day. All I can say is I hope everyone's day has or will improve. Bramble, sorry to hear about your aunt.

I plan to do very little tonight; MrW is making dinner (stir fry) and then I will have fake magnum as a treat while watching something that doesn't challenge my brain.