Bank Holiday Weekend

wendy james

Bank Holiday Weekend

Post by wendy james »

Woo hoo! Apologies to those who don't have one this weekend. I hope you have lovely plans nonetheless!

The girls finish up for half term today and are booked in for manicures with my nail tech, who has heard all about them obviously. She's lovely and much closer to their age than mine, so I'm sure they'll have fun! I'm dropping them to my parents after that.

P and I are going out to a charity fund raiser event at a local hotel. It's walkable and the ticket includes a burger so we thought 'why not?' :))

We have zero plans Saturday, other than retrieve my children and take the eldest to the gym. I still have one vegetable patch to clear and some more seeds to plant, and we might also do some chores.

P is working overtime Sunday and I'm attempting the Wells 10k, so the girls are coming with and can hang out with my parents until it's time for them to wave at me as I hopefully cross the line.

Monday is completely plan free too, which will be nice as it's a very busy couple of weeks from Tuesday onwards!
Princess Morripov

Re: Bank Holiday Weekend

Post by Princess Morripov »

Good luck for the 10k, WeJa!

Today is my best friends wedding :weewee: so an extra long weekend.

We haven’t any massive plans apart from that, and sorting the garden out. I got all the patio pots sorted the other week in terms of what has life remaining and what hasn’t, so I think we will get some new plants and I’ve also a massive bed in the front that needs sorting, I did a bit of an investigative weed the other week and there’s a lot of Ivy and bramble threatening to strangle everything so we are going to tackle that.

Hopefully some nice weather and perhaps a BBQ too.
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Long weekend here but we don't have major plans. Tomorrow is the cup final, so J's son is coming over here to watch it. We'll have snacks and beers, and hopefully have a reason to celebrate.

Sunday and Monday will just be housework for me, and maybe a walk somewhere. J is working on Monday, and I'm still fecked from Covid so I really just want to rest up and try to shake it.

I might do some shopping on Monday as I'm going to Portugal the next weekend.

Good luck for the 10k, and hope the wedding goes well.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Good luck for the 10K!

We are going to the pub BBQ tonight I think. Tomorrow I’m hoping to attempt Parkrun. I haven’t run for 3 weeks as I still have a cough but I’m just fed up with it now, it’ll be kill or cure.

Nothing much Sunday as the football season has finally finished. On Monday we’re off to Wales camping with friends for a few days.
Beena

Post by Beena »

I'm worrying that we have too many plans. J is throwing himself into things as a distraction (he's in full panic about his new job) and is attempting to organise me into action. :lg:

There is a tick list of jobs and preparation for those jobs. Jobs included fully redecorating our bedroom and fitting new skirtings. If he'd done the latter before (or was Pov's chap), I'd be less concerned. Meanwhile, I have a 6000 word assignment to write for my leadership course, due in a fortnight.
Beena

Post by Beena »

I'm worrying that we have too many plans. J is throwing himself into things as a distraction (he's in full panic about his new job) and is attempting to organise me into action. :lg:

There is a tick list of jobs and preparation for those jobs. Jobs included fully redecorating our bedroom and fitting new skirtings. If he'd done the latter before (or was Pov's chap), I'd be less concerned. Meanwhile, I have a 6000 word assignment to write for my leadership course, due in a fortnight.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Best of luck with the run Wendy.

C is home later this morning, then we’re straight into another sporting weekend despite both seasons having finished. Squeak has a 7s tournament and then there’s a match at the Tigers stadium (I was there on Wednesday & parking will be a nightmare), and Chunk has an 11v11 football friendly which is supposed to be on the new 3G pitch, but might not be.

The rest of the weekend I need to do my induction videos for my prof doc. And wrestle the house into looking half decent.
Glint

Post by Glint »

Good luck with all the runs!

Tomorrow, I am at home with the dog while the boys are at an all day football tournament in Glasgow. I don’t think the organisers considered the Cup Final when picking the date :)) I’m presuming Sunday and Monday will be recovery days.
Red

Post by Red »

Good luck to the runners and decorators!

Nothing hugely exciting here but I'm looking forward to a quieter few days nonetheless.
I am going to a bootcamp tomorrow morning and then need to do some cleaning ahead of the MiL coming for Sunday lunch. We haven't had her round for a while but she can be A Lot so it feels like something to endure rather than enjoy.

Monday we need to finish building our new bike shed and if the weather is better than forecast, a little bike ride.
Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
Red

Post by Red »

Good luck to the runners and decorators!

Nothing hugely exciting here but I'm looking forward to a quieter few days nonetheless.
I am going to a bootcamp tomorrow morning and then need to do some cleaning ahead of the MiL coming for Sunday lunch. We haven't had her round for a while but she can be A Lot so it feels like something to endure rather than enjoy.

Monday we need to finish building our new bike shed and if the weather is better than forecast, a little bike ride.
Jesus loves you. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Nothing going on here.

I am having a few beers in Bath after work tonight and may take myself on a hike up the hills tomorrow because I am still not sure about actually running with my knee the way that it is.

That is it really.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Good luck with the run WeJa.

After my hectic weekend last week I have zero plans and that suits me fine. I'm awaiting an update on my car this morning, if it's repairable then I will get a courtesy car, if not I am carless until Tuesday as OH has gone up North to visit his dad and watch the FA cup match tomorrow with old friends.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Good luck for all the sports and decorating!

There's F1, F2 and F3 from Monaco this weekend so I will be spending plenty of time today/Sat/Sun watching cars driving in circles and probably crashing. Other than that, I want to do more fabric stash sorting, finish the binding on a quilt and finish sewing a pair of pyjamas.

Monday will be an ordinary day; my cleaner is working so I'll probably go to the supermarket while she's here.

The weather forecast looks dire the whole weekend, with thunderstorms and rain, so I don't expect there will be much time spent outside the house!
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.