Help me Friday

Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Help me Friday

Post by Marth »

Lord above. I'm in a war museum in Bayeux and I have no interest at all. The bloke is massively interested and will undoubtedly want to read every single word. I'm sat on a seat watching all the men shuffle around to a amplified sound system of men presumably dying on the beaches.

I think I need lunch.

Have a non war filled Friday.
Malan
Smunder Woman
Consciously Unbellended

Re: Help me Friday

Post by Smunder Woman »

Do you need Tony?
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Oh Marth, that sounds grim! Is there a cafe you can escape to?

I'm in work, coughing over people which I'm sure they're delighted about. Im actually using a separate room to most folk but sadly some of them are having meetings with me today. I'm very fed up with earing cough sweets now. I might go home at lunchtime depending how I feel.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Are you going to see the tapestry, Marth? I admit I'd love that :geek:
Princess Morripov

Post by Princess Morripov »

Morning pals! It’s my best friends wedding today :love2: so we are about to start beautifying and brunching :weewee:

A is on small boy prep and is meeting us in a couple of hours.

I feel I could look at the Bayeux to tick a box but I wouldn’t need to study it intensely. I hope the war is over for you Marth.
Popprincess

Post by Popprincess »

Morning Marthballs* and co. War - what is it good for? I’d like to see the tapestry though.

I’ve just done a booze run (for the weekend) at Tesco. A bit embarrassing when I’m there with loads of bottles at 11am and everyone else is buying their workday sandwich :lol: I wanted to get it out the way though. Waiting on the F1 to commence.

Enjoy the wedding, Pov!

*sorry I watched an episode of CSI last night and they were talking about mothballs :))
Ginger wrote:God yes. It's like a Norse epic written by a Moomin.
Duophonic

Post by Duophonic »

Beautifying and brunching sounds ideal.

I'd fancy seeing the Bayeux for the experience, not sure I'd cope with a war museum though. Mini took me to Churchill's war rooms a few years back when she was going through her warfare obsession and it was good, I don't think I'd need to visit it again though.

Usual Friday for me, still working on the presentation from hell. I don't do presentations and I'm not creative so I've had to draft in help.
BRING ON THE TRUMPETS!

Princess Clacky Thing
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

I quite like a war museum and I spent ages studying the Bayeux tapestry when I saw it. :l:

Enjoy the wedding pov!

I’m currently in A&E with Cube. He came off his bike last night, thought he’d broke his wrist and the UTC are worried he’s got concussion so we’re waiting to be seen. I was supposed to be making stock all day for a fair tomorrow. On the bright side though, it’s the first time in 3 weeks he’s been nice to me.
TracyA

Post by TracyA »

Hope the wedding goes well and you all have a lot of fun Pov!

I hope Cube is ok, maybe the knock on his head will transform him Kleio !

I have a Teams interview at 12 for a job I think I'd quite like, so I am wearing make up and a dress but have ghostly white bare legs under my desk.

I have been making enquiries as to the whereabouts of my car, the online system says it's being examined, the garage it's supposed to be going to hasn't received it yet. I cant get a courtesy car until they know it's not a write off, and the garage is closed from today until Tuesday. In some ways it will be nice not to have a car, it means I don't have to go anywhere (I have an Aldi 3 minutes walk away and a Tesco about 10 mins walk away).

I hope your cough goes away soon Sal.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Enjoy the wedding Pov, and I hope Cube is OK Kleio.

I enjoyed the Bayeux museum but there are a LOT of war museums around there and my limit of trailing around them was much lower than the person I was with at the time!

I've watched some F3 and now like Poppers I'm waiting for the F1 to start.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Kenickie
Kenneth Attenborough

Post by Kenickie »

Hope Cube is ok!

There's a war museum near me and they had a children's open day which I went to last summer, I felt really uncomfortable though as some of the kids stuff seemed to be around war being exciting/being in the army is fun which seemed a weird message for children.

We've had a server room fire at work so nothing is working, had to hang round for ages outside when the fire alarm went off and I've had to come home to use the internet so I can actually get stuff done. There's some poor students who are doing exams today who have been affected a bit.
If your back's against the wall, turn around and write on it.
isambard

Post by isambard »

As long as you didn't do a Richard Madeley and steal the booze*, you have nothing to be ashamed of, Pop!

Sal, my heart goes out to you, that cough seems to have been dragging for ages.

And enjoy the wedding, Morripov!

I'm having a quiet day and no work which is nice. I picked up a Vinted parcel and have two medical appointments this afternoon. I also need to put some more things for sale on Vinted, do a little shopping, finish my tax declaration and meet my neighbours, one of whom I suspect is a racist and homophobe (the other one is lovely), for a drink tonight.

*allegedly, in case he's reading.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Hope Cube is ok Kleio. He’s putting you through the wringer at the moment.

Hope you are feeling better soon Sal, and your cough disappears fast.

I am on my way to London for the first leg of my journey to France (am going to Disney with my brother and his family). I’ve been so busy the last few weeks and this morning was all frantic packing so a few hours in peace on the train sounds rather pleasant. I have the new Bridgerton downloaded and some trashy magazines, bliss!
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Marth wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:46 am Lord above. I'm in a war museum in Bayeux and I have no interest at all. The bloke is massively interested and will undoubtedly want to read every single word. I'm sat on a seat watching all the men shuffle around to a amplified sound system of men presumably dying on the beaches.

I think I need lunch.

Have a non war filled Friday.
That, and the huge graveyard just down the road were among the most moving places that I have ever been to. I will 100% go back one day.

We never got to see the tapestry back in the day, it was pissing down with rain and a six hour wait. With three under eights it was never going to happen.
Last edited by Topcat on Fri May 24, 2024 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Afternoon.

I hope you’re surviving Marth.

I agree about the war museum as a fun thing, it feels wrong especially at the moment.

I did some frantic cleaning and tidying this morning and C walked up the driveway just as I’d put away the vacuum and was about to leave for the gym. He’s back at his desk working already and I’m about to start my uni induction videos.

Safe travels Chicky, and I hope the hospital wait isn’t too long, Kleio.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

We went to see the Bayeux tapestry last summer and you can't spend ages any more as everyone gets given a audio guide and that pushes you through at a reasonable pace! It was still good though. War museums were also visited.

I've done myself a pre-gig playlist for Air next week and I am currently being transported back to the early 00s in the best sort of way.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Oh, I love Air! Had the Moon Safari CD on repeat throughout uni. I’ve been playing it on Spotify a lot recently too.
Kleio

Post by Kleio »

We spent 2 hours in UTC then had to drive to A&E and spent another few hours there having mild concussion diagnosed.

Home now for an hour then pick up Elf then take Cube through the Take That traffic to get him to his dads so I can start making the rest of the stuff for tomorrow.

Enjoy Disney Chicky.
Flora Poste

Post by Flora Poste »

Pippedydeadeye wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:06 pm Oh, I love Air! Had the Moon Safari CD on repeat throughout uni. I’ve been playing it on Spotify a lot recently too.
Same! They are playing Moon Safari as set 1 and then a selection from 10,000 Hertz Legend, Talkie Walkie and The Virgin Suicides for Set 2. I can't wait - Mr P and I even had You Make It Easy as our first dance :l:
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Wow, I love that. You’re not losers, it’s cool.