Today is Saturday

wendy james

Today is Saturday

Post by wendy james »

GOOD MORNING! :perky:

We enjoyed our night at the charity thing and walked away with a voucher for a piercing from the raffle. :perky:

It was all a mad rush though so we still have yesterday’s food shop to put away and chores to do. I’m ignoring them for now though.

Have a lovely Saturday!
Wiggle

Re: Today is Saturday

Post by Wiggle »

Not sure how I've managed to post more than once!
Last edited by Wiggle on Sat May 25, 2024 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

And again!
Last edited by Wiggle on Sat May 25, 2024 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Morning! I woke up confused because the weather is glorious and wasn't what I was expecting.

I'm back from a great session with my PT and now need to get myself sorted. Today's plans include looking at new shower enclosure and paint samples followed by doing the weekly shop. Hopefully we get this done quickly so we can have some time to relax.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

Happy Saturday, especially to keen Wiggle :))

I’m in London waiting for my Eurostar. It’s so warm today, I really hope it’s like this in Paris too :fc:
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

Morning, I've been up since 4.30 thanks to my fucking cough. I feel like I'm going backwards, I don't seem to be much better than I was two weeks ago when I tested positive.

We've been out for breakfast but I have no real plans for the rest of the day, other than watching football. J is going to collect his son later and we'll watch the game here.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
emma_p

Post by emma_p »

The lovely weather does seem to have confused you! :))

Liv has her dance classes as usual but we have no other fixed plans today. I want to get some pizza dough going so we can make most of the weather and cook outside this evening.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Morning! Safe travels, Chicky.

I'm also a bit confused by the sunny weather as it was forecast to rain all day here. But it's nice to see the sun. Today will be mostly watching motor racing (or, in the F3, more crashes than racing), and ticking off stuff on my to-do list.

I hope you start to feel better soon, Sal.
It’s like a normal midlife crisis only with more chandeliers and foreign languages.
Popprincess

Post by Popprincess »

Morning beautiful ones. Calm down, Wiggle :))

I’ve been to the Post Office to collect a parcel and now back on the sofa waiting for F1 to start. It was very sunny earlier but clouded over now a bit, hopefully the sun comes back out as I will be sitting in a beer garden later.
Ginger wrote:God yes. It's like a Norse epic written by a Moomin.
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

Morning.

It’s a glorious morning. I’ve been at a rugby festival since 8:30am with a child who’s not massively keen on playing. :ella: There are complex psychological reasons, and it’s special lady moon time.

This afternoon we’re headed to watch the Leicester Tigers Women’s team.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Sympathies Sal. I’m almost into a third week of coughing and mine’s not even Covid.

I have Parkrun in the sunshine (slowly due to the cough) and had coffee. Not sure what I’m doing for the rest of the day.
Disco

Post by Disco »

It's not whooping cough, is it?

Morning all. Lovely sun here but due to cricked neck I am feeling lazy. I've just had turkish eggs - well egg - and I'm watching Vennells being grilled yesterday.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

I don’t think it’s whooping cough. I haven’t had any audible gasping for breath and it doesn’t appear to be particularly contagious. MrTex had a cold for a couple of days, the boys are fine.
Disco

Post by Disco »

I was the only person in my household and among my friends that got it but you know how you feel. I hope it clears up soon.
sally maclennane

Texaco Shirley wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:25 am Sympathies Sal. I’m almost into a third week of coughing and mine’s not even Covid.

I have Parkrun in the sunshine (slowly due to the cough) and had coffee. Not sure what I’m doing for the rest of the day.
Argh Tex, its grim isn't it? Mine makes me feel like I'm going to choke sometimes which is awful. I'm going to Portugal a week today, how popular will I be on a flight??
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

Thank you.
Texaco Shirley

Post by Texaco Shirley »

sally maclennane wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:34 pm
Texaco Shirley wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:25 am Sympathies Sal. I’m almost into a third week of coughing and mine’s not even Covid.

Argh Tex, its grim isn't it? Mine makes me feel like I'm going to choke sometimes which is awful. I'm going to Portugal a week today, how popular will I be on a flight??
I’m past the almost choking stage thankfully. I hope you feel better soon. Another week should hopefully be enough to stop you looking like a public health hazard :lol:
isambard

Post by isambard »

Chicky wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:34 am Happy Saturday, especially to keen Wiggle :))

I’m in London waiting for my Eurostar. It’s so warm today, I really hope it’s like this in Paris too :fc:

Yes it is!

I did an online yoga class, then picked up a Vinted parcel for a dress that was advertised as the wrong size. It's a dress I've been looking for for ages, too.

I'm now going to quickly meet a friend and then a short workout and then out of the suburbs tonight for a drink and sing-song with other Irish ladies.
Enjoy paris, Chicky!
Disco

Post by Disco »

get well soon. Sal. I think I missed you've had covid recently.

(I only see the weekend saily threads sometimes but don't follow the weekday ones)
sally maclennane

Disco wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:40 pm get well soon. Sal. I think I missed you've had covid recently.
Yeah, it was 2 weeks ago. I was ill for about a week, felt OK for 4/5 days then it seemed to come back with a vengeance. The cough is like nothing I've ever had before, it's horrible.