Today is Saturday

emma_p

Re: Today is Saturday

Post by emma_p »

Both kids had coughs that lasted ages. Properly horrible barking coughs but apparently not whooping cough and the dr didn't give them any medication saying it would clear in time. It has finally cleared up but they both had coughs for at least a couple of months.

I was inspired by Chelsea Flower show yesterday to tidy up the garden and we ate lunch out there. It's so beautiful today!
sally maclennane

Post by sally maclennane »

I really hope this doesn't last for months! Glad to hear the kids are better now though.
Christ on a bendy bus son, don't be such a fucking faff arse
Wiggle

Post by Wiggle »

Sal, Tex, it's utterly exhausting isn't it? All I can say it does and will get better.

I have literally been watching paint dry and trying to work out which colour for the house. I just don't get how to put colours together so have gone for neutral again and at least I've managed to not gone for my default magnolia. To recover, I am now sitting on the sofa with some tea and a cinnamon swirl.
Last edited by Wiggle on Sat May 25, 2024 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little My

Post by Little My »

You should have done a thread, Wiggle! :)) Neutral is good though, if you don't have strong opinions.

I wish I had nice weather today. It's rumbling thunder constantly, with big, threatening clouds. I have to drive youngest to a party that is soooo far away, in a place I've never been to. I hope they have an indoor element, because the weather is just as bad there apparently. I may see if any of the other parents dropping off want to have lunch, as there is a British style pub there and not much else!
FiveO'Clock

Post by FiveO'Clock »

I hope the cough is better soon, Sal.

I prefer having neutral colors on the walls, WIggle. I tried doing something more dramatic in our bedroom and can't seem to make it work so am back to looking at paint samples again.

Mr5 cooked omelettes for breakfast and we're having coffee while watching the F1 qualifying. After, we'll varnish the deck so it's ready for summer. It looks like today will have the best weather of the three day weekend.

The pub lunch sounds nice, LM! I hope the drive's not too bad.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

Good afternoon. I'm very sorry that you still feel so shit, Sal. A cough like that is so relentless.
I'm home and in the garden with a sun top on and wine. Definitely hotter than our recent experience of France, but here it's then forecast to rain all week on and off from tomorrow. I'm leaving my unpacking until then.

That's a good scoop in raffle, Wendy.
Malan
Pippedydeadeye
Directory Pipquiries

Post by Pippedydeadeye »

It’s been a glorious day weather wise. Squeak overstretched her bad knee so didn’t get as much game time as her coach would have liked, but she enjoyed her day. We hung out with her pals and went to the last Tigers women’s match of the season. It was really hot in the stands. I’m having a much needed cold glass of wine now we’re home.
Epponnee Rae

Post by Epponnee Rae »

Evening lads,

I hope the poorlies feel better soon. That choking cough of covid is just horrid. Speaking of, a colleague I was with last week tested positive the day after we were in a meeting together, so I am on the alert for symptoms.

I am currently on the train to Portland, after a busy work week. It took me three hours to repack my bags this morning as I was picking up a stray box of stuff that that was supposd to follow me after my move, but didn't make it. I bought a new suitcase to accommodate but things were still tight!

Anyway, I am enjoying three and a half hours of of reading, staring out the window and drinking wine. Havent done this trip for years after having a car so it’s nice to watch small town america, rivers, and farmland slide by. I’ve seen a deer in a meadow, some longhorn cattle, and a brilliant monument claiming to be the World’s Largest Egg as we went by somewhere called Winlock :))